Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

whydirt posted:

We can just pool money to get Hayter to dub the movie one scene at a time through Cameo

I actually am catching up with this thread just now and saw this. I asked him, via Cameo, what he thought about the casting, haha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

whydirt posted:

Okay well spill it!

He jokingly did it all as Snake and said that he was just happy that the project was moving on and that Isaac would do a fine job on it.

Bit of a self plug: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvXbyKqrXS8&t=3s

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Hedrigall posted:

My favourite part about avatar is how millions of internet nerds read that one “biggest movie with no cultural impact” article and all parrot it like it makes them some media analyst

I also like how character names is apparently the one measure of a movie’s memorability

I couldn’t tell you a single character from Pulp Fiction apart from Vincent Vega but that movie is memorable as gently caress, I can picture every scene

Its ridiculously stupid even on its face, because most things that cause people to "remember" things in movies is because they stay in the public eye due to things like cartoons and sequels. Avatar just sat on its own as a singular movie with very little tie ins, so of course you're going to forget stuff about it. It's not the MCU where two movies that reference the other movies get released a year or whatever.

But yeah, people like to rail against popular things AND the movie was bigger than comic movies and Star Wars movies, which pissed off people who are on either of those "teams" in their nerd cultural wars.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Groovelord Neato posted:

I don't like Avatar because it's terribly unimaginative compared to his other movies. Not in a technological sense but a design one.

It's worse because it was designed to be his most imaginative movie originally to the point of everything being unrecognizably alien, but he paired it down to lowest common denominator reaching himself, on purpose, just to be sure that every demographic worldwide would like it to some degree instead of being at all inaccessible.