Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alan Smithee
Jan 3, 2005

Cats 2: Dogs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 3, 2005

Friends Are Evil posted:

Remake The Lawnmower Man, cowards

Make Hackers 2

Alan Smithee
Jan 3, 2005

Darthemed posted:

Point of order, he was only trying to trap them forever in his VR world so that he could have his revenge on Ricardo Montalban.

This wrath of khan reimagining is wild

Alan Smithee
Jan 3, 2005

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The funny thing still is that her character in the Transformers movies is named Michaela Banes.

What the gently caress

Alan Smithee
Jan 3, 2005

got any sevens posted:

Replicas was goofy fun

Whats the word on this new Underwater film with k-stew and tj miller?

Like I know it’s not the Meg in my brain

But my body keeps saying it’s the Meg

Alan Smithee
Jan 3, 2005

muscles like this! posted:

It's a cheapo horror movie so pretty much any money will make a profit.

Is horror the only genre that has successfully avoided the budget bubble? Because it seems like everything else now cost $100 million.

good question

did romcoms just kinda go by the wayside?

Alan Smithee
Jan 3, 2005

question: if i have serenity spoiled for me is it still worth watching

Alan Smithee
Jan 3, 2005

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

McConaughey Serenity, it really kind of depends on how much you like gawking at trainwrecks

Alan Smithee
Jan 3, 2005

yeah i think the only reddit remor that came true was Game of Thrones and the kid who couldn't zig zag

Alan Smithee
Jan 3, 2005

FilthyImp posted:

I read about that earlier this afternoon and, even if it's complete fanwank, the extent to which Boyega and Isaacs are just throwing piles of manure over the production is absolutely insane and unheard of.

Only thing that compares is RPat being completely vocal about his hate for Twilight.

What did isaacs say?

Alan Smithee
Jan 3, 2005

FilthyImp posted:

Said FinnxPoe should have been a thing, wished they had just killed him off in the first 20 of TFA since his character did nothing the rest of the films, was so burned out he's taking a year off from acting.

It's really astounding how they're not even pretending to give a gently caress.

I mean he can afford to

Alan Smithee
Jan 3, 2005

Question should be who DIDNT greenlight a 10th Star Wars in the series to give it breathing room

Alan Smithee
Jan 3, 2005

Lol I wonder how much of that was China

Also I don’t get why they cast Ed skrein he’s always playing douche nozzles

Alan Smithee
Jan 3, 2005

Alhazred posted:

Each time a new trailer for Dr. Doolittle surfaces it makes the movie look worse and worse. Now there's even a dragon.

He’s gonna talk to it

Be the dragon whisperer

Alan Smithee
Jan 3, 2005

got any sevens posted:

He can talk to animals because he has half of a dragon's heart in him

well poo poo now I just realized we need to (re)make (a) Dragonheart (sequel)

Alan Smithee
Jan 3, 2005

stuber was so middling

speaking of bautista, the almost as middling but tried to be inspiring Hotel Artemis. That was certainly a movie

I wish Gotti was more spectacularly campy but ultimately was like E from Entourage directing his first book report movie

all thanks to Moviepass for letting me watch trash for pennies on the dollar

Alan Smithee
Jan 3, 2005

FlamingLiberal posted:

Who is even giving Emmerich big budgets for movies anymore? This bombed, the ID4 sequel bombed, and I am probably forgetting some others recently

I know one but they wish to remain Anonymous

Alan Smithee
Jan 3, 2005

Rageaholic posted:

A thing I left behind in the last decade: MoviePass

I've had AMC Stubs A-List for a year and a few months now and I have nothing but great things to say about it. I'd recommend it to everyone who got burned by MoviePass and even those who didn't but like seeing movies in theaters.

A list owns. It may not be as cheap but it's not a bait and switch and pays for itself after like 2 movies a month

Alan Smithee
Jan 3, 2005

AccountSupervisor posted:

Gunna second the A-List reccomendation. Ive easily seen around $500 dollars worth of movies with it so far and Ive had it for 3 months so its only cost me around $90 bucks.

Single handedly got my rear end back in a theater on a regular basis.

YOU THIRD IT

there are weeks I don't even go

I'm honestly just throwing movies away

also there's a points system and I got nachos waiting for me

FlamingLiberal posted:

I wonder if the theater chains will phase out their 'movie pass' type programs now that the actual MoviePass is dead

I swore up and down A list wouldn't last since it had to be a loss leader for them. Alamo Drafthouse started their own program and it's waitlist now. I haven't heard anything from cinemia or whatever and couldn't tell if it's even still alive

Alan Smithee
Jan 3, 2005

Pick posted:

Cats was worth it

I needed it to be more gloriously stupid

The cockroaches almost reach that point and then by the time you get to magical mr mestophiles it’s just a kids movie

Alan Smithee
Jan 3, 2005

How to train your dragon 4 starring RDJ in a mark IV gimp suit

Alan Smithee
Jan 3, 2005

oh bother
https://deadline.com/2020/01/terry-gilliam-complains-about-metoo-and-says-white-males-are-blamed-for-everything-1202820799/

quote:

Terry Gilliam Complains About #MeToo And Says “White Males Are Blamed For Everything”

quote:

Director Terry Gilliam has made a series of incendiary comments about race, the #MeToo movement, and the Harvey Weinstein case.

Gilliam sat down for an interview published Saturday by the U.K.’s Independent. The conversation was supposed to be about his latest film, The Man Who Killed Don Quixote. But the director said he was “so booored” talking about the Adam Driver-led movie, and instead let loose on several hot button issues.

The Oscar-nominated filmmaker, who is no stranger to controversy, expressed his disdain for the #MeToo movement, and lamented that too many men have been “hammered” by sex abuse complaints.

“#MeToo is a witch hunt,” he said. “I really feel there were a lot of people, decent people, or mildly irritating people, who were getting hammered. That’s wrong. I don’t like mob mentality.”

The former member of the Monty Python comedy team also offered his opinions on Weinstein, who goes on trial next week in Manhattan on sex-crime charges.

“When you have power, you don’t take responsibility for abusing others. You enjoy the power. That’s the way it works in reality,” Gilliam insisted.

As for the women who accused Weinstein of rape, assault and/or harassment, Gilliam said they made certain choices.

“These were ambitious adults … There are many victims in Harvey’s life, and I feel sympathy for them, but then, Hollywood is full of very ambitious people who are adults and they make choices,” he said.

The U.S.-born British writer and director went on to say white men around the globe are under attack.

“I understand that men have had more power longer, but I’m tired, as a white male, of being blamed for everything that is wrong with the world,” Gilliam said as he held up his hands. “I didn’t do it!”

After complaining about the treatment of white men, Gilliam told the interviewer he actually identifies as “a melanin-light male.”

“I don’t like the term black or white. I’m now referring to myself as a melanin-light male,” he stated. “I can’t stand the simplistic, tribalistic behaviour that we’re going through at the moment.”

Earlier this week, Gilliam spoke with Deadline about his upcoming AppleTV series Time Bandits with Taika Waititi, as well as his film career. When the conversation turned to politics, Gilliam compared Donald Trump’s presidency to an illness.

“The disease that America is suffering has now come to England with the election of Boris Johnson,” he said. “We’re all in the same madness and Cassandra’s box has been opened…these egotistical liars are springing up like mushrooms everywhere.”

Alan Smithee
Jan 3, 2005

just imagine his boomer rear end words coming from a talking renaissance fish

Alan Smithee
Jan 3, 2005

Benoit Bond

Alan Smithee
Jan 3, 2005

There’s certainly no missing link in China’s 9 dash line!

Alan Smithee
Jan 3, 2005

gently caress

the hangover guy is gonna win for joker huh

Alan Smithee
Jan 3, 2005

Len posted:

Midsommar was good though

was it though

I honestly couldn’t tell you

Alan Smithee
Jan 3, 2005

Yeah well why didn’t yakety sax play

Alan Smithee
Jan 3, 2005

Bar Crow posted:

Speed runners prefer the unpatched version of Cats. The missing effects means less load times.

You can actually use an exploit to fall through the world map into the heaviside layer 20 seconds into the game

Alan Smithee
Jan 3, 2005

feedmyleg posted:

GenChat is still closed, so, what's more essential, Upgrade or Hardcore Henry?

I didn’t see HH but

Upgrade. It’s a movie that definitely could have done a lot more with even a little extra budget but it’s a simple movie with heart

Alan Smithee
Jan 3, 2005

Lukewarm take: avatar sequels will go the way of terminator sequels just with Cameron in charge

Alan Smithee
Jan 3, 2005

The wachowskis are gonna write Jupiter ascending into the matrix universe aren’t they

Alan Smithee
Jan 3, 2005

My local amc has iP man 4

Good good or good bad

Alan Smithee
Jan 3, 2005

Who are the AI wizards who came up with this?!?

Alan Smithee
Jan 3, 2005

WB AI: “More marvel movies!!!”

“I don’t think we have the rights to-“

WB AI: “MORE. MARVEL. MOVIES.”

Alan Smithee
Jan 3, 2005

ChickenMedium posted:

It just means they can be as racist as they want to be and then say it's not racist because an AI made the decision.

Finally we will get the Julia Roberts Harriet Tubman biopic as promised!

Alan Smithee
Jan 3, 2005

Us humans gotta stick together

Alan Smithee
Jan 3, 2005

If it’s anything like the Microsoft teen girl tweetin we’ll get movies about creepy girls who say really racist poo poo

Alan Smithee
Jan 3, 2005

Beachcomber posted:

I can't wait for Detectives Batman and Pikachu working together at Hogwarts.

Spoiler alert: Harley's a Ravenclaw

*detective Spider-Man and boss babe Elsa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 3, 2005

Sleeveless posted:

All these jokes are so predictable they could have been written by an AI.

And your posting could be predicted by your AV