Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

FlamingLiberal posted:

The new remake of The Grudge has received an F audience score, which is only the 20th film to receive that score. It's opening weekend is estimated to be around $11 mil.

https://www.thewrap.com/the-grudge-becomes-20th-film-to-receive-an-f-on-cinemascore/
They kept playing an ad for that on the radio that was just that weird throat noise super loud and then "the grudge opens Friday" and Jesus Christ I might actually go rate it an F now as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005

Mywhatacleanturtle posted:

Has any right wing author taken up the mantle of Clancy’s particular brand of military wank?

It seems like the current right wing zeitgeist would be ripe for it, but I’m pretty ignorant when it comes to modern airport fiction.

Clive Cussler had a book where the main character slaps a woman for being celibate for 10 years after her husband died. One of the books with the main character in the movie American Assassin has a plot where navy seals kill democratic politicians aided by a republican congressman. I should note they are the good guys in the book

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005

AceOfFlames posted:

Also, ban Greg Grunberg from getting within 10 km of the set.

I didn't know who that was so I googled him and he is apparently tweeting that snap wexley (?) needs to be in the rogue squadran movie so good luck with that.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005

FlamingLiberal posted:

It just seemed very sudden and weird to me, I don’t know

Like for a second it felt like that guy was going to be important, but nope.

I took it as he knew he was screwed so he would just mess with her before getting blasted.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005

FlamingLiberal posted:

Has Hugh Grant ever played a villain before?

Someone hasn't seen Paddington 2

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005

FlamingLiberal posted:

I assume because Nostalgia + Bam needs money

Bam got kicked off the movie since he is a raging alcoholic and the other members tried to have an intervention.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005

MH Knights posted:

I am still waiting for more Space: Above and Beyond.

I was going to post this before I saw your post so just pretend I empty quoted. That show ruled.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Coriolanus fuckin’ owns a ton.

I was going to reply with this but it rules.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005

Mywhatacleanturtle posted:

Which was the 60’s-70’s Macbeth rendition that had a real brutal and vivid decapitation at the climatic fight?

‘Cause, uh, that’s the one I saw in class.

Was it the one with the witches being completely naked old women?. Cause I remember seeing that in 8th grade

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
This is really minor but I love Sean Harris's voice as Arthur. It really sets the tone for the trailer. That being said I am super hyped for this and cannot wait.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
Early on I would have said Scott Eastwood but he isn't bad in supporting or background roles

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005

TheOmegaWalrus posted:

I'm starting to come around on the Chris Pratt hate.

The dude has some serious comedy chops and was great in Parks and Rec, but these leading action man roles he's been taking on recently are just duds.

He's no Sam Worthington, he boy can legit act but it's weird seeing trajectories suddenly take an up-hill direction and become hell-bent on fitting a square peg in a round hole.

I miss the pudgy dude who could crack me up with just a look.

He was good playing the villian in The Kid which was a western that no one saw. I think there is just a glut of in shape white men that can do action and comedy right now and aside from Guardians he really hasn't done anything that interesting.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005

MacheteZombie posted:

Should have just fleshed that thing out into a full blown animatronic

I think shooting it like the OG Pete's Dragon would have been interesting and looked less like this nightmare

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005

Snowman_McK posted:

The genuinely weird thing about Shapiro is that, for all that he's everywhere, I've never encountered a single fan of his. All the other grifters have their dedicated fans and defenders, but you can mock shapiro as much as you like and no one ever springs up to go 'well have you considered...'

Well you probably don't hang out with a lot of 75+ year olds. (whenever Facebook or YouTube shows visitor counts for him and crowder it shows their audience is like all over 70)

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
I wish they had just made Tears of the Sun as a die hard sequel like was originally planned cause I would have loved to see how they explained McLane rescuing hostages in an African (haven't seen the movie in forever so not one hundred percent sure on the location) jungle.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
Can I get mad that my 3 year old is super excited about the movie which means I will have to watch it 700 times at least.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005

feedmyleg posted:

Honestly, there's no reason that the Cruella movies have to end up leading to 101 Dalmatians. Just make it a parallel universe where she's just a fashion designer who loves dogs.

Hot take but I agree. If it does something interesting with the characters I really don't care what cinematic universe or whatever it's attached to. But at the end of the day I will probably have to watch whatever is put out at least a hundred times cause I have young kids who love Disney +

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005

Ghost Leviathan posted:

If it's WW2 a good chance that chocolate is loaded with meth

Can they greenlight the story of the Finnish (I think) ski soldier whose unit was ambushed so he accidently ate an entire units worth of meth chocolate and had a crazy meth filled adventure before coming to 250 miles from where the ambush happened

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
I thought Harry's disability was he was super fat. I remember a bunch of his reviews talking about his knee locking up due to his weight. Then I saw his Heroes review and it completely grossed me out and I never went back to the site.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
The only thing I actually remember from boondocks saints 2 is the "saints" flipping out any time someone suggested they might be gay so a movie about them killing politicians is probably going to be really really really bad.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

That loving sucked. I think he used the f-word.

But it does make his character understandable. He was a self-hater.

Yeah the guy asks if he wants to cuddle and he says "what are you a *slur*"

I didn't mind Dafoe's character, he walks all over the cops and bosses them all around and it's ok but then it all grinds to a halt when he busts the slur out

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
The Maleficent movies were Disney. The huntsmen movies where another studio.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Weren’t there also messages with him doing human trafficking?

Rudy Giuliani is that you?

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005

Jerkface posted:

hes doing a real good "coach jaw"

Payton doesn't even do the coach jaw, he just purses his lips constantly and it looks like a butthole

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
My take on Joker is that it was a good movie but Joaquin Phoenix should have won an Oscar for You Were Never Really Here instead. His performance was a lot more nuanced