Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Reminder that the Playmobile movie did so poorly in theaters that they actually cut the ticket price across the board.

Also I just recently re-read The Call of the Wild so the trailer was definitely WTF. It might just be the way the trailer is cut but it looks like they're basically cutting out all the conflict where Buck (the dog) has to struggle as a sled dog for over a year before he is finally taken in by a good owner (Harrison Ford's character.) Also I'm doubting they leave the ending intact where Harrison Ford's character is murdered by Native Americans, who in turn are killed by Buck. Buck then goes off and leads a wolf pack (answering the titular Call of the Wild.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Rageaholic posted:

Wait, I just checked Fandango to see what's playing and The Grudge remake is out already? lol, there's been like barely any marketing for that

It's a cheapo horror movie so pretty much any money will make a profit.

Is horror the only genre that has successfully avoided the budget bubble? Because it seems like everything else now cost $100 million.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Chairman Capone posted:

And the irony is that they were blindsided by the fact that Baby Yoda would become the most culturally-dominant Star Wars element in years, and are stuck without any merchandise to churn out for months.

The stupidest part is they deliberately didn't make any Baby Yoda toys because they were worried about spoilers. Like, mutherfuckers you put out so much Star Wars merchandising crap toys that a Baby Yoda doll would have completely flown under the radar except for the most hardcore of hardcore nerds.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

There aren't any AMC near where I live so I signed up for Cinemark's plan. Its not a super great plan but it does pay for itself if you see more than one movie a month.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

You get pretty much everything you need from the film by just watching the pitch video they put together for crowdfunding.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I read a review of "The Murder of Nicole Brown Simpson" (directed by the same guy who made the tasteless "The Haunting of Sharon Tate") and apparently the movie doesn't even commit to its central premise that OJ didn't do it, a serial killer who was living in the area at the time did. So when it comes time for the movie to do the murder they completely cover up the killer's skin.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Spectre has that really confusing part where all of a sudden a computer says that the bad guys were responsible for everything that happened in earlier movies because of DNA on a ring?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Transformers has a pretty long tradition of using designs with or without permission, though the cartoon designs tend to be non-specific vehicles or plausibly deniable.

The live action movies are all co-branded with the car designs.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

There are Nazis in the first game!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

This guy also was in Death Stranding as one of the shelter guys.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Halo does at least have a whole space opera backstory where a war with religious fanatic aliens is mixed in with a Niven ringworld, its robot defenders and off-brand Zerg, and a whole ancient aliens background, but a protagonist who literally never removes his helmet isn't something Hollywood plays well with. (see Judge Dredd)

They're filming a Halo TV series right now with Pablo Schreiber as Master Chief.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The new game goes back and forth between saying Doom Slayer and Doom Guy.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Variety is reporting that Paramount is currently developing two competing reboots for the Transformers franchise. One from James Vanderbilt (Ready or Not, a bunch of bad movies) and one from Joby Harold (John Wick 3.)

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

While Bumblebee didn't make as much as some of the Bay movies it had a much smaller budget so it was easier for it to be profitable. Hopefully they learned their lesson of "keep Michael Bay away."

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Saw the new Guy Ritchie movie and while it has fun moments the unnecessarily complicated structure hurts and creates this barrier to connecting to any of the characters.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

In very confusing movie news I saw a trailer for the sequel to The Boy where the premise is the doll is haunted which was not the premise of the first movie.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They use it in the recently released teaser trailer so maybe that's actually the name of the movie? They're kind of running out of ways to say "Fast" and "Furious" in titles.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Here's the trailer for a trailer they put out.

They've really been trying to make that necklace a "thing" for multiple movies but I just don't think it is connecting with anyone.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Probably the funniest thing they ever did in the FF franchise was when they tried to claim that Vin Diesel (52) went to high school at the same times as Michelle Rodriguez (41.)

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The funniest thing about the Lethal Weapon TV series is that Damon Wayans got the other lead fired and then loving quit the next season because he was tired of doing the show. It was just such an incredibly petty power move.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

wizardofloneliness posted:

I thought the other lead got fired for being a huge rear end in a top hat that everyone hated.

Reportedly both of them were constantly fighting with one incident caught on tape where they shouted swears at each other. There were conflicting reports from crew members as to which was worse.

Basically from what I've read was that Clayne Crawford (the other lead) was a perfectionist with a temper while Wayans was a prima dona who acted like he was too good for the show and refused to do anything but the bare minimum while constantly making demands.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It will only be years too late but Disney is releasing a filmed original cast stage production of Hamilton into theaters October 2021. Not exactly sure why it is taking so long when it is using an already filmed performance from 2016.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Casimir Radon posted:

His kids are in their late 20s at the youngest. It's not like they're bullying him to run off and make a movie during their formative years.

They probably mean the "wife died of cancer" part of the summary.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

America has turned into a warzone, which is why the movie is set in Hong Kong?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Lobok posted:

I don't think I ever saw the actual full trailer for Harley so just from the TV ads I never got what the movie was really about. Is Ewan McGregor trying to kill all of them?

Ewan plays the supervillain/gangster "Black Mask" who wears a skull head mask, which is hard to tell from the trailers because he doesn't actually wear the mask all that much in the movie.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

I wonder if WB are hedging their bets against him in case the sex pest rumors turn out to be true. I think all the DCU stuff he was involved in either got shelved or heavily re-tooled to conveniently not involve him.

Sony doesn't seem to have a problem with him seeing as he's headlining a Marvel movie for them.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

hemale in pain posted:

Yes!YES!YES!!!

wait isn't rutger hauer dead?

This thing has been sitting around for a while.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Alan Smithee posted:

How am I just hearing about this

The lady who played Moneypenny has said that she made more from that knock off than she did for the actual Bond movies.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

fuuuuuuck offfffff

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Young Freud posted:

What I'm saying is that it's probably a given that smartphones will have this mythical status as a potential "container of the soul", especially among those from the Before Times, with post-apocalypse denizens fighting for each others' screen-cracked "black mirrors" since they contain the literal record of someone's life or images and moving pictures from the Before Times, or the parts to give to the Apple cult priests to cannibalize for another's phone.

There is an old sci-fi novel by Philip Jose Farmer that takes place 15 billion years in the future where a primitive tribe of humans have a special tree that has egg shaped crystals growing on it. The people end up believing the crystals contain souls but later the main character learns that the crystals were just a previous civilization's version of mood rings.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Tars Tarkas posted:

G'Day, mates!

Isn't Paul Hogan a piece of poo poo?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I guess I should have expected it considering he has two other known PoS in the movie (John Cleese and Chevy Chase.)

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

RBA Starblade posted:

Wasn't foreigner the one w Johnny Depp?

You're probably thinking of The Tourist.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That Marky Mark Spenser for Hire movie sure is getting drubbed by the critics. Doesn't even sound like it is fun bad, just kind of generic and pointless.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Alan Smithee posted:

poor Danny Rad

from one extremely onliner to another

He still has his TV show (and millions of dollars) so this doesn't exactly hurt him that much.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Yeah, I'd expect to see this for more movies that haven't entered their final marketing cycle yet.

Even movies that have been getting big ad pushes are blinking, Quiet Place 2 and Lovebirds have both pushed their release dates.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Rageaholic posted:

So is like nothing coming out in theaters for months now? If so, that's a huge bummer.

Next major release (until it gets delayed) is Trolls World Tour on April 10th. After that is Black Widow on May 1st.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

No, this was Faiza Hussein who is/was the wielder of Excalibur. There was also an alternate universe version of her where she became Captain Britain.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Also AMC has announced a new policy where they are going to cut maximum attendance for their theaters by half.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

muscles like this! posted:

Also AMC has announced a new policy where they are going to cut maximum attendance for their theaters by half.

So has Regal.