Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Here's a weird one, the next movie in the long running (on DTV) Bring It On franchise of cheerleader movies is going to be horror themed and air on Syfy, Bring It On: Halloween.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

For Hollywood kids there's also Jack Quaid who also looks nothing like either parent.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It's still the same director as last time so that's something. Still not holding my breath though.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It is funny how Keanu seems to be treating the John Wick series as a way to work with action people he wouldn't normally be able to. Like Yayan Ruhian from 3.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The American Brucesploitation movie No Retreat, No Surrender has a scene with Bruce Lee's real grave in it, which is definitely gross.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

What is that picture of Channing Tatum?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I've only seen the ones posted as webcomics but they were very one note.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Casimir Radon posted:

The follow-up, Beast Machines, was just bleak and kind of dumb. Even less characters, unless you count thousands of mooks who all look the same.

Although it was funny how it was the one Transformers series that didn't seem to care about the toys since the animal bodies weren't designed to transform and instead just kind of morphed into their other form.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Tomorrow War is a weird movie because it feels like the middle third in the future was a completely different movie.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It's hard to get a sense on what the future war actually is because Chris Pratt's character gets pulled aside for special duty right away.

Also the movie kind of fudged its time travel because they say it only works with time machines on both sides (to cover why they don't go further back) but they don't explain where the one in the present came from.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Today I learned that there was a Critters movie made in 2019. This thread/iterations of it have failed me!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I think we're well past the point of Seven Samurai pastiches.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

This seems dumb because there's nothing else to do with the story or characters. Not like that's ever stopped Hollywood before but this definitely seems like a poor start of a franchise.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Robot Style posted:

I haven't seen it, but based on the plot stuff I've read, there could be a good jumping off point if Chris Pratt creates a branched timeline when the aliens are eliminated in the present, which the war-torn future humans try to jump over to. Could either play them as invaders trying to take over the peaceful timeline, or as refugees that the present hates for drafting people into a war that will never happen.

By the end of the movie everyone from the future timeline is dead.

Edit: Except for future people who went to the past to set up the stuff to send people to the future.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Read a review of the Space Jam sequel and they said that the Looney Tunes don't show up until 25 minutes into the movie.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I watched the original Space Jam for the first time a couple of weeks ago and it was extremely weird how horny that movie was for Lola.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

mycot posted:

Detective Pikachu was good.

That's all I had to say, see ya.

I liked it but the plot twist at the end was extremely telegraphed seeing as they went out of their way to never show the father's face whenever he appeared in flashbacks.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Its like Roseanne trying to blame being racist on taking Ambien. Plenty of people have manic episodes that don't involve calling in a bomb threat.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

In non Space Jam related news, the new Anthony Bourdain documentary Roadrunner has a problem. They used deep fake technology to replicate Bourdain's voice for some voice over bits. After getting called out on it the filmmakers claimed they checked with Bourdain's widow and she gave them her blessing. Which turned out not to be true.
https://twitter.com/OttaviaBourdain/status/1415889455005716485

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The worst part of Space Jam: A New Legacy is all the Warner brand synergy crap. Every time that stuff happens it just stops the movie dead. The rest of the movie isn't exactly great but it comes across as a competent kids movie.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It is kind of weird that they didn't take out the characters people complained about seeing as nobody ever interacts with any of the background characters during the game. They're completely superfluous.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Hope no UK goons were hoping to see The Green Knight as it has been pulled from theaters due to covid concerns.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Vincent posted:

Did the movie come out? It really flew under my radar. It looked fun, from the trailers.

Yeah, I don't think it got a long release but its on HBO Max now.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Snake Eyes is an odd movie. He actually spends most of the movie secretly working for Cobra Also a lol that it has "GI Joe: Origins" on it when the movie flat out states that the Joe team has been around for decades.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Something I liked about Snake Eyes is how the climax revolves around a magic gem that the ninja claim were given to them by Amaterasu. When they show it you see that it actually is a magical gem, just kind of refreshing for a movie to just let something weird and magic be weird and magic instead being a fake out that it is just a normal rock.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Jai Courtney's problem is getting cast as leading man when he's much better off as a sidekick or character actor.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It's like that Frank Grillo movie, Boss Level, where a much more thematically relevant videogame name would have been Speed Run since Frank Grillo's character spends the entire movie trying to sequence break so he can get to the final part faster.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Casimir Radon posted:

Rebel Wilson successfully suing a tabloid for accurately reporting that she lied about her age and upbringing was a huge mindfuck for me.

While it is definitely dumb that she could sue someone for reporting the truth it isn't exactly a huge surprise that a woman in the acting business is lying about her age. Since a lot of movie executives seem to think once a woman turns 35 she's only good for mom roles and is no longer a valid love interest for your 50 year old male actor.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

IIRC that one the Arnold bit is little more than a glorified cameo.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That space one must have really kicked in the money for Bruce because they actually got him to wear the costume.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Head's up A24 is going to be doing a special one night only streaming release of The Green Knight. Next Wednesday (the 18th) tickets are $20 at https://screeningroom.a24films.com/

This is a very limited window as you can start watching anytime between 9pm-1am EDT and once you start you have 4 hours to finish (the movie itself is 2hrs5min.)

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Even if she was a good person the company definitely wasn't/isn't and the movie is going to portray them in a positive light.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Free Guy is a fun but slight movie. The streamer cameos aren't too awful as they aren't really asked to do too much and aren't completely obtrusive. They mostly just show up in spots where it would have gone to some bit player newscaster.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/hotel-transylvania-4-amazon-streaming-rights-sony-1235042371/
Amazon is buying Hotel Transylvania 4 from Sony with the idea of putting it on Prime instead of it going to theaters. Frankly I was kind of surprised it was going to theaters in the first place since the series lost its lead and director.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Lol that is directly counter to the message of the movie.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

FlamingLiberal posted:

If they put it on HBO Max I'll watch it, but I'm not paying to see another Matrix film in theaters after those garbage sequels

Good news, it is one of the day and date HBO Max movies.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

So you like that I made Neo a heroin-addicted jazz critic who's NOT the One??

I would watch a Matrix babies.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Speaking of Statham
https://twitter.com/CNET/status/1432439985572044800
Another Expendables

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I couldn't even make it through the first one. Although that was probably helped by watching it at home instead of the theater. I've never actually walked out of a movie, no matter how bad it was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

DurosKlav posted:

Man if only Paramount had a streaming service they could release these things on instead of just constantly pushing them back in hopes that movie theaters will eventually be a thing again.

There was an article last year about how the producers of Top Gun were absolutely adamant about it being a theatrical release because they think it is going to rake in huge bucks.