Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

These are still fun, but the overwhelming majority of the ones posted are either commissioned by white Americans to be zany or are outright painted in America to mimic the style of African DIY posters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Gonz posted:

“This pizza is a disease.....and i’m the cure.”

Cobra is a masterpiece that only George Cosmatos could’ve made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBcCojYw3ik

Dear god. I only just now, in this very moment, realized that Panos Cosmatos' dad directed Cobra.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
It would have been fine in 70s Hollywood if he had drugged and raped a 15 year old as long as it wasn't too in the open, but like Jerry Lee Lewis' career pretty much ended when he married his 13 year old cousin. Also gently caress he was 22 and it was his third marriage.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Is that the one that married his first cousin?

No, it's the one who has questionable links to Epstein and went on a bunch of unprompted rants about how he DEFINITELY doesn't diddle kids like he's Frank Reynolds running a beauty pageant.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I know the novels (lol) explained this, but I forget if the games ever explicit state that the demons are actually interdimentional aliens that either psychology mined us for our fears and echoed that or if it was a childhood's end-esque thing where they inspired our demon imagery.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Groovelord Neato posted:

(never read the Turtledove books)

I like the ambiguity here, you could be saying you have never read them (quite likely), or you could be instructing us to never read them ourselves (sage advice).

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Lobok posted:

Ah, excuse me, Mr. Mario?
-Doctor Mario.
Oh of course, forgive me. Well then, Dr. Mario...
-Please, Dr. Mario is so formal. Just call me Mario.

"Uh, okay Mario. Can you please help me unclog my toilet?"

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
GDT directing a remake of Roberto Begnini's Pinocchio would be incredible.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Lethal Weapon 5, first day of photography.

INT
MEL GIBSON walks in, wearing full blackface.

RICHARD DONNER: Mel, I told you, we're not shooting the It's Always Sunny version of the script.

MEL GIBSON: It's always what?

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

God, this is such a lovely world I can't even remember what mass killing it was that made them delay this.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I've heard rumblings in the last week or so about how Amber Heard was actually the abusive one, has something come out supporting that or is it just more woke to acknowledge that men can be victims of domestic violence too?

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
That is hosed up! Depp had always come across as a scumbag to me, but I guess now Amber Heard is a loving piece of poo poo too!

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Whole lotta people in here not mentioning Mark Hamill.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

AccountSupervisor posted:

Not really, theyre essentially square.

In what universe is 1.43:1 "essentially square?" Like that's more pronounced than pre-widescreen tv. That's more pronounced than a 5x7 picture frame.

Baron von Eevl fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Feb 17, 2020

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Wasn't the story that a Sega exec pulled the plug after they bought a Sonic comic (back in the Archie days maybe) for their kid and eventually looked at it and screamed "they're doing what with our property?!"

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
What they don't mention is that Taron's dialog and songs as Seymour will all be replaced by Crocodile Rock.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Timby posted:

Billy Porter as Audrey II is a drat solid choice.

The rest of the cast ... eh. Evans has range, though, he could be a pretty fun sleazy Scrivello.

It's solid because he's played the role before, but it's not inspired or like "interesting" because he's played the role before. That's fine, I'm not opposed to that idea, but is not like "ooh, what an exciting choice" and I feel like if it's the fourth? fifth? version of the story in a little over half a century you need those inspired left-field choices.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Patrick Spens posted:

Actually, all of the movies she's in by W.S. Anderson are fun lively action flicks. Late period Tony Jaa is a much bigger red flag.

"Late period" meaning everything after Tom Yum Goong.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

The MSJ posted:

He was pretty good in Furious 7.

He was fine but the extent of his role was "heavy #2*" and like all he had to do was stare intently and kick in a mildly acrobatic way. I'm not mad at the guy, I understand that people who train that heavily in muay thai have a very limited shelf life. He was also responsible for maybe the best action movie of the first decade of the 2000s, and then made another movie that had some of the best action setpieces from the same. Just from those 2 movies he deserves a lot of credit, but he went downhill really fast.

*and trust me, I'm familiar with heavy #2s

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
He also had that mental breakdown, that might have contributed.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Casimir Radon posted:

Pretending(?) to be bisexual is pretty quaint these days. If she's that starved for attention she needs to find herself a new trick.

I think it's worse than just being quaint, but even then I don't think she was pretending to be bi. Honestly the whole thing just came across as trying to be titillating and isn't really different than two drunk girls making out at a party to get dudes horny. It's not pretending to be bisexual because there's no element of "this is what I enjoy doing," it's entirely "this is what you enjoy seeing."

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

The MSJ posted:

The Marvel comics Dracula was once ironically written as a racist Islamophobe and wants to protect Europe from the threat of immigration from the Middle East.

That's very on-brand for Vlad Tepes, in all fairness.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Don't forget that Drafthouse also discovered possibly the only surviving print of Miami Connection so it's literally impossible to watch that movie without supporting them. unless you do :filez:

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

muscles like this! posted:

Oh the cruelest cut as Minions: The Rise of Gru has been pulled from the release schedule.

Which I guess shows what studios think of this as it wasn't due to come out until July.

It's delayed because the house making it is unable to work, not because they're concerned about the box office.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Alhazred posted:

She's arguably always been in that phase, she's only occasionally done interesting stuff like Rachel Getting Married.

Rachel Getting Married completely flew under my radar, but it has a wild pedigree; it was directed by Jonathan Demme and written by Jenny Lumet, who's Sidney Lumet's daughter and Lena loving Horne's granddaughter.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Shageletic posted:

I watched it, couldn't pay attn to it. YMMV.

Yeah, I haven't seen it but I was looking into it because Jenny Lumet's son with Chef Jeff from Master Of None was in the Mandalorian and I was trying to figure out why he looked so familiar.

edit: Demme's odd overall, he's directed a few legit masterpieces but also a lot of forgettable garbage.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Guzzling for the guzzeline.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
If there's one thing we can say about Orson Scott Card with certainty, it's that he hates buggers.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Vandar posted:

Excuse you. They're called Formics. :colbert:

Yeah he can't stand formic haters either.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

To this day I still have trouble accepting that C.O.W.-boys of Moo Mesa actually existed and wasn't just some weird half-remembered fever dream I had when I was a kid.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Ooooh my god

Ahhh it gets better

Yes, that Jonathan Davis.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Lego Dark Universe incoming!

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

SomeJazzyRat posted:

That is some Sandman rear end ideas going on right there. Which would be fine if it were a Sandman comic.

I assure you it is also whole rear end Barker.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Directed by the B.tro from the post-apocalyptic dance dance revolution movie The FP.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

FreudianSlippers posted:

yes.

A film where Al Capone, instead of being this badass criminal underworld king is a barely sentient pantshitting moron like he was during his last years, is on paper at least, a great idea.+

semi related:
I am a big Bowie fan but I would never watch a Bowie biopic except if it was focused on some specific part on his career like The Berlin Years or on young Bowie's various failed schemes to make it big or maybe even on his last album that he basically made on his deathbed. But to be realistic Hollywood would much rather make a film that would cover his entire career generally from the 60s to at least the 90s and with some sort of redemption arc where he starts to do and then quits drugs and it would suck.

I´m also a big Captain Beefheart fan and Frank (2014) has basically prematurely made any future Captain Beefheart film obsolete despite technically being a Frank Sidebottom film because the general arc of the film is basically about the recording of Trout Mask Replica.

I vaguely recall some Tarantino interview where he said he hated biopics but if he ever made one it would just be about Elvis on the day before recording his first big hit or something along those lines.

Do it about his time in LA around when he made Station To Station and was going insane while doing entirely too much cocaine. It's a horror movie about him locked in his apartment.

For real though, he cultured such an image of otherness and celebrity and otherworldliness that even focusing on him as a human would be a huge misstep. I think if you were to have Bowie show up in a movie at all it would need to be just as a cameo, and his presence would have to be entirely magical and impossible and not at all in line with the logic of the rest of the movie. I can't even imagine an actor playing him beyond the obvious Tilda and frankly I'd kind of hate that too.

edit: the best Bowie biopic we're ever going to get is Lazarus, and that's a jukebox musical where almost all the songs are radically different from the recorded versions and it's actually just an abstract adaptation of The Man Who Fell To Earth

Baron von Eevl fucked around with this message at 03:12 on May 13, 2020

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Iman and his kids would never allow a straight-up biopic, but Angie definitely would and if she had the rights to do it she absolutely would have already. It would be entirely scenes of her walking up to him as he dyed his hair red and saying "hey babe, your hair's alright" while he stares agape and poo poo instead of what she actually did which was tell him to scream that he's gay despite being married to her and making him wear this thing.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Darthemed posted:

What ever happened to that one platform that Joseph Gordon-Levitt was championing?

My understanding was HitRecord or whatever was more of a media library than a streaming platform.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Shageletic posted:

Press up to see ppl already talking about this

That reminds me, did you know Nick Cave wrote a script for Gladiator 2? Crazy right?

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Do you mean penance or was the Vice President involved in that movie?

I know that "abyss" and "equiis" sound a little similar if your ears are clogged or something, but they're actually very different movies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

The MSJ posted:

He will die in JW4 and JW5 is about him killing Death itself

John and Charon's Bogus Journey?