Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Rageaholic posted:

Cats was poo poo but I'll be damned if I haven't had that Magical Mr. Mistoffelees song in my head for the past week :argh:

Maybe you can get help from Skimbleshanks the railway cat, the cat of the railway train?

ruddiger posted:

Lloyd Kaufman’s next movie is an adaptation of Shakespeare’s the Tempest. The last time he tackled the bard, we were blessed with Tromeo & Juliet, probably one of the greatest pieces of cinema ever created. To say I’m excited for this is an understatement.

Both of these trailers are ridiculously :nws:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egGBrd0_s3Q

I did find it amusing that fake breasts were shown freely but real ones were censored in that trailer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duz
Jul 11, 2005

I'm on Alamo Drafthouse's movie pass and it's pretty sweet. Shame it doesn't have other benefits like a list yet.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

https://twitter.com/rianjohnson/status/1211446534333718534

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Sleeveless posted:

It's going to be both 3D and high framerate, which is good because it means a bunch of theaters are going to be upgrading their equipment to handle high framerate since they don't want to miss on the biggest blockbuster of the year so future filmmakers who want to experiment with it won't be limited to a small handful of special theaters like Ang Lee's experimental high framerate movies were.

Good, the hobbit trilogy was terrible but the hfr made the 3d actually not a negative.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

SunshineDanceParty posted:

The whole Western audiences being annoyed that China is being catered to would be a lot more fun without all the government oppression. Ah well.

Yeah, and the Chinese government isn't that great either.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Sleeveless posted:

I've never seen anybody articulate why Alita owns other than the fact that there's a giant hammer in it, people just emerge the moment you criticize it to repeat that it owns as if its quality is entirely self-evident.

OK Ted Rall.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I kind of get the feeling they did that because if you state that OJ didn't do it Nicole Brown Simpson's surviving family will sue the gently caress out of you, and if you state that he did OJ will sue the gently caress out of you instead

Any kind of fictional depiction of the murder is in a no-win situation until it passes far enough into history that the surviving major players aren't interested in being litigious about it

Naw, OJ lost the civil suit, you can call him a murderer.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

AceOfFlames posted:

IIRC Morbius was the one who found Frank's bits after he was chopped up by Daken and turned them into FrankenCastle

Starring Adam Sandler as Dracula, Kevin James as Richter Belmont, Adam Sandler as Alucard and Rob Schneider as Death.

Is this just your Hotel Transylvania fanfic?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Maybe he always wanted to fist a dragon? You don't know him.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

No, just to make it bite sized.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

X-Ray Pecs posted:

At a certain point we should stop letting a noted rapist and pedophile direct movies.

I mean, I would be fine never watching a French movie again but some might object.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Ghost Leviathan posted:

It's like when you watched Dragon Ball Z back in the day, and the incredibly bombastic narrator would spend five minutes recapping the events of the previous episode at the start, and then describe most of the events of the next episode at the end, so you basically only needed to watch every third episode or so to keep up with things. Next time, on DRAGON! BALL! Z!

My fav was the one that went almost literally "Which fighter will die in this next fight? Stay tuned for the next episode 'Dende Dies'!" *cut to image of his corpse*

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Neo Rasa posted:

Just have him be a Dr. straight up who goes go-karting as a hobby with all his friends and like because he's awesome even though he changed careers have someone mention that he still pays into union dues to support his fellow plumbers. Luigi is a weirdo who ends up getting them both into all kinds of crazy poo poo with ghosts in a mansion/whatever. At some point they get separated and he can exclaim "Mario is missing!"

Fast & Furious 5 but it's karts and the safe is full of coins & power mushrooms.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

muscles like this! posted:

Probably the funniest thing they ever did in the FF franchise was when they tried to claim that Vin Diesel (52) went to high school at the same times as Michelle Rodriguez (41.)

I find that they didn't tell Michelle Rodriguez they were bringing her character back to life for 6 until after she saw her character in the stinger at the end of 5 pretty funny. Also that she went to see Fast 5 in theaters even tho her character died in 4.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

The MSJ posted:

I wonder if they're scrambling to replace both Amber Heard and Johhny Depp (in Fantastic Beasts)

Rowling has been giving Depp full throated support from the beginning, no one's getting fired from Fantastic Beasts.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Leavemywife posted:

I'm pretty sure the Sonic movie is going to be fair to decent, make slightly over budget, and be forgotten about by April.

The kids in the theater were really into it. There's not much else to it though, it is very forgettable. Also Sonic randomly calls Jim Carrey Dr. Eggman twice for no reason, otherwise it's all Dr Robotnik.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Groovelord Neato posted:

Does the Sonic movie at least call him Robotnik?

Yes, also Eggman.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Groovelord Neato posted:

Movie's officially poo poo.

Sonic eats chili dogs in it tho.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Just looking over the schedule of upcoming movies and I spot Kevin Sorbo's face.

quote:

After the success of Climate Hustle 1 (being #1 per screen average), now we are facing a frenzied Green movement unlike anything we have ever seen -- a rising climate monarchy that seeks new adherents to their radical agenda. They want to silence all opposition down completely – muzzle respected scientists that disagree with them so that nothing stands in the way of their efforts to garner more power, money and influence. Worse, they insist the UN, and not our elected leaders, be the ones calling the shots on US climate and energy policy. They are not afraid to abuse science to achieve their ends. Theirs is an ideological agenda, a political philosophy opposed to American ideals of freedom. Climate Hustle 2 will pull back the curtain and expose the hypocrisy, efforts at making a new “green” religion, indoctrination of children in the classroom, and the flow of trillions of dollars into a massive hidden war on our culture, and much, much more.

sigh

duz
Jul 11, 2005

He's had a couple strokes but iirc none of his co-stars on Hercules had kind things to say about him anyways.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Supersonic Shine posted:

He calls him Eggman as an insult.

I meant more he hadn't become his usual egg shape where it would make sense to call him that.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Robot Style posted:

Sonic calls him Eggman because of his flying drones, which are white and vahuely egg shaped.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Rageaholic posted:

How is it gonna start shooting with no director? :thunk:

Like that's stopped Hollywood before.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Lobok posted:

You need both at the same time. Star Wars is so popular because it was a movie with Harrison Ford as Solo and a movie with Harrison Ford and his dog.

Wookiees live so much longer than humans it's more like Han was Chewie's dog.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Brother Entropy posted:

what side would what the bleep do we know be on

The Secret as they are both quantum mechanics misunderstanders.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

I mean, at least this way they'll be able to get unemployment unlike the companies that are telling the unemployment office no one was fired they were just put on zero hour contracts.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

The Clowner posted:

Great theatre experience too, it was just me and a middle-aged couple who were completely silent throughout

I was next to two women who said "Yes" and clinked their wine glasses when the two leads finally kissed. Really drove home the moment.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Chairman Capone posted:

Is Hallmark really advertising it as a countdown to Christmas?

I feel like that has to be a joke... yet it is the Hallmark Channel.

Sounds like someone needs to start listening to Dave and Jeb aren't mean.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

You can even see the wires anchoring the temporary inflatable screen.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

They'll just be bought by Disney now that that is allowed.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Didn't Independence Day have to do without the involvement and endorsement of the US military because the Pentagon asked that they remove the references to Area 51 from the film and they refused?

Also, Hercules was fun, but I remember them killing Hades at the end and that just makes no loving sense. I could be mistaken.

Yes, it's not that hard to make do without military providing free props and labor, it just ups the budget a bit.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Doesn't it also preclude them from using the official logos and poo poo as well?

Nope, logos, etc of the US government are public domain. They'd have to go to a prop shop and rent them instead of using "real" ones for free, but nothing legal prevents that. As for corporate logos, that can get messy but Hollywood always comes out on top of those slap fights.

duz fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Apr 30, 2020

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Thank you, I've learned things.

There's also Errors and Omissions insurance for in case you get sued for not clearing the rights for something you were supposed to but missed. So sometimes the insurance company's lawyer is who decides that a logo can't be shown regardless of what the rights actually are because their job is to minimize risk.

duz fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Apr 30, 2020

duz
Jul 11, 2005

This just gave me such a loving headache. There are already like three documentaries about this on different streaming services and now a biopic as though somehow there's anything left of the story to tell.

Since Cage never says no, I feel like announcing he's signed on to something means nothing.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

That comic was a Star Wars version of Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead and was firmly tongue in cheek.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

You're related to the family he killed?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Rageaholic posted:

lmao

What a hilariously idiotic waste of money

Yeah but AT&T really things if they label everything with the HBO name, it'll attract subscribers.

Also the Snyder cut is a dumb idea.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

What do you think the Fortnight crowd is?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Nope, it's phone only because you have to be able to rotate your phone to see the alternate view.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Pirate Jet posted:

I question the point of making a streaming service that limits video to ten minutes each when all you’re going to do is make shows whose episodes are split into three videos anyways.

The point is that it falls under the minimum video length to require paying guild minimum wage. Doesn't matter that it would've been a normal half hour show if you hadn't stuck credits in every ad break. Plus most of their scripts were written for tv format and they spent as little time as possible making them fit the quibi format.