Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

The Saddest Rhino posted:

You would think after corden and rebel Wilson trashed their own film publicly in the Oscar's the industry would hesitate to hire them for any film role again

The people they insulted were not the people with power over casting.

FlamingLiberal posted:

Then again the same thing happened with Trevor Noah who is also terrible so I don’t know.

Trevor Noah was very much a case of literally everyone else said no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duz
Jul 11, 2005

For more details on what a madman Caviezel was on the set of PoI, listen to this episode of Qanonanon guest starring Dave Anthony of The Dollop.

https://soundcloud.com/qanonanonymous/episode-143-jim-caviezel-enter-the-cavortex-feat-dave-anthony

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

He ruined Person of Interest. Dwn to changing a major story/character point just because he wanted to improv something that had absolutely no grounding in the writing. If I remember rightly he was also responsible for the suspension breaking policy of only shooting people in the knee.

Any time he had a gun, he wanted to shoot someone so they started using his stand in when his character had to do gun work so that he wouldn't personally have a gun.

Casimir Radon posted:

Jeez. Don’t be a dick to Bear, who was actually 3 different dogs over the course of the series. I had a dog named Bear.

One of those times they replaced the dog was because Jim got into a fight with the dog and lost.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Cruella 2 should be 101 Dalmatians but done like Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Baron von Eevl posted:

JCVD was really fun in expendables 2. He plays the villain, who is named Villaine, and his entire performance is the really fun kind of incomprehensible.

*points at his baphomet tattoo*
"The goat is the pet of the devil."
*suddenly looks at the person he is talking to*
"They say?!"

The JCVD/Scott Adkins bad guy combo is the only reason I remember 2 over the others.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Just image how cheap and poorly done that animation must be.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

It's a good thing he started that organization since there weren't any others that already existed that he could've pooled his resourced with.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

The Modern Leper posted:

Disney+ just greenlightninged a remake of Flight of the Navigator. I thought that movie was stuck in rights ownership hell, but if anyone could cut that Gordian knot...

Is it really cutting a gordian knot if you just buy all the rope in the world?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

ynohtna posted:

Agreed.

Also, I wish someone would get around to greenlightning 2 Wong Foo, 2 Fabulous! Julie Newmar.

Julie 2mar?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

You can see the budget on the screen.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Alan Smithee posted:

the dune slot machines are going to make more money than dune

Flipping over my couch for the change makes more money than any hollywood movie legally does.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Alan Smithee posted:

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1447926290825334793

this looks like it cost $10,000 to make

also bonus prison rape joke

This is in-continuity with the other Home Alone movies thus making it Home Alone 6: Home Sweet Home Alone.

duz fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Oct 12, 2021

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Baron von Eevl posted:

Where does it rank among Halloween sequels? I thought 2018 was fairly close to Halloween 2 in terms of quality. Is this a Halloween 4 or an H20? Or, god forbid, a Halloween 6?

It's The Last Jedi of Halloween sequels.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Gonz posted:

I remember going to a movie about a month before Charlie’s Angels was released, and at the end of the trailer that was shown for it, some lady about 8 or so rows in front of me shouted “Booooooooo!” for a good three seconds.

I had never heard someone boo a trailer before.

I remember at a showing back in the '90s, someone in the theater got really upset at the trailer for Disney's Tarzan.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

FlamingLiberal posted:

They just need to make some kind of AI that can reproduce the voice of Lorenzo Music, because I'm never going to have any other Garfield voice in my head than his

Wouldn't that just Bill Murray?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Basebf555 posted:

I feel like Burton's Batman only ended up leading to a few more Batman sequels, not really any bigger trend of superhero films.

X-Men feels like the real flash point where it made big money($300 million or so) and then two years later was Spiderman and a year after that was X2 which was an even bigger hit than the first one. So at that point in 2003 the genre has two huge blockbuster franchises going at the same time and never really looked back. Five years after that is Iron Man.

This is Blade erasure.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Well, it's not quite a mop, and it's not quite a puppet.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

CelticPredator posted:

Stop talking and finish the alien trilogy Ridley

And let Blomkamp make his Alien sequel.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Baron von Eevl posted:

They actually filmed that segment with the "I hate everybody" board and digitally altered it afterwards.

The TV edit of Die Hard 3 is just all around hilarious. My favorite bit is they used "melon farmer" to censor "mother fucker".

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Chairman Capone posted:

Zorro 2.0 sounds like it should have been a cyberpunk show on Fox that aired for one season in 1997 and was set in a dystopian 2004.

Writing this out I realized I'm describing Dark Angel, haha.

And aired in the same block as VR.5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Pirate Jet posted:

People were bet-the-farm positive that movie was gonna cause mass shootings lol

That whole narrative was being pushed by a retired cop who was booking as many tv appearances as physically possible to promote himself and his company.