Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

https://imgur.com/85d30094-9251-4d2c-b015-68f90d52ad3b

New av for someone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

paperchaseguy
Feb 21, 2002

THEY'RE GONNA SAY NO
lmao

fauna posted:

aragorn just slaughtered a whole squad of orcs while cackling maniacally (!)

glad bakshi had fan service in the budget

btw, here's part 2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kY8-Vhiq7w&t=33s

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

West Shire

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

MrUnderbridge posted:

To whoever posted the link to the overdubbed version - thanks! It's quite the mood lifter.

And they did the entire movie, which shows a lot of dedication.

:tipshat:

They did a nice job keeping it consistent. And it instantly made me look for LegendaryFrog's "One Ring to Rule Them All" Flash series. :allears:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

I'm in the inverse Vulcan Crips

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
I feel like you could modify the old blood sign to be bree.

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

Caught between two worlds...

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

Caught between two worlds...
i thought i'd never lol at it again

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

:five:

I mean I was gna :five: it anyway this thread is amazing

but lol

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

:five::five::five::five::five:

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Creating Uruk-Hai is often harder on women

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
more rotoscoping questions - are the main characters (aragorn, frodo, ect) animated in this way too? I'm just confused by the scenes that have animated characters running around the screen next to the 'actual humans with obvious post process filter'.

i'm glad this thread has taught me about rotoscoping because it finally answered the question my brothers and i have about why we think many of the old Disney movies look weird, too smooth. I guess all that super smooth animation was due to rotoscoping

Captain Beans fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Jan 4, 2020

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Captain Beans posted:

more rotoscoping questions - are the main characters (aragorn, frodo, ect) animated in this way too? I'm just confused by the scenes that have animated characters running around the screen next to the 'actual humans with obvious post process filter'.

i'm glad this thread has taught me about rotoscoping because it finally answered the question my brothers and i have about why we think many of the old Disney movies look weird, too smooth. I guess all that super smooth animation was due to rotoscoping

Rotoscoping is really obvious when you see it - turns out our brains are really wired to spot human movement patterns. AFAIK, it's not used masses even in older stuff for that reason. Also, as mentioned upthread, rotoscoping is hell.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

My friends and I would joke that the reason Bakshi could never get any money is his particular style just made everyone look really fuckin' ugly

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

Rotoscoping was super common in old Disney films. Watch Snow White again. Not only did they “trace” live action footage of actors but often would re use animation from previous films by drawing new characters over old ones.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPolWHKVx7s

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Holy crap.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Ready for the goldmine?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Burt Sexual posted:

Ready for the goldmine?

OK now.

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

Dapper_Swindler posted:

well i know what i want as an avatar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

One of my favorite little touches is that when treebeard speaks leaves puff out of his mouth.