Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

Oh no, not me
We never lost control

I'm in. Hopefully colonies count

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

Oh no, not me
We never lost control

Ugh, discord

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

Oh no, not me
We never lost control

Let's stomp these guys with their globalism agenda :tinfoil:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

Oh no, not me
We never lost control

People won't trust you then either, you curr

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

Oh no, not me
We never lost control

Amnistar posted:

Steak has votes on all three. I will figure out how to make votefinder reflect this.

Heads up if he unvoted or changes votes you need to do it manually in vf too, every time.

Its why I never use multivoters, pain in the butt

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

Oh no, not me
We never lost control

##Vote lumpen third vote

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

Oh no, not me
We never lost control

Lumpen posted:

I note you have chosen 2 people who have not posted since the game started, and one who only made a non-game-related post about modding. Thank you, very interesting.

Content Game Round 2:
Retro Futurist: If you had a gun right now and had to immediately shoot someone among Xiw, Eat the Rich, and Illegally Sober..
1. who would you shoot?
2. who of those would you next hand the gun to?
3. name someone NOT on that list who would you never confide a sensitive personal secret to.

gently caress steak, marry Leith, kill Lumpen

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

Oh no, not me
We never lost control

Leith Maclaine posted:

Ermmmm, is this where I respond with a kissy face emoji?

Yes

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

Oh no, not me
We never lost control

b-minus1 posted:

my gut says lumpen is town

This post is making my nose twitch

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

Oh no, not me
We never lost control

Eat The Rich posted:

RF dodged the content game and Sal answered for him with a joke. He also answered for Charms, which to me could be evidence that he's helping his scumbuddy. Same thing for RF.

Why do you think the content game is silly? It seems like a great way to generate discussion that could be used to find scum.

I answered for myself with a joke. Also scum usually prefer to fit in and kowtow to thread leaders like Lumpen, not blown them off. Content games give them something real easy to spit out "content" they don't have to commit to, like you wanting to vig Sal for extremely tenuous reasons

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

Oh no, not me
We never lost control

Lumpen posted:

This post is real bad. Psychologically.

I had considered it possible that you derailed the Content Game because you resented the curtailing of jokephase and also just for "gently caress Lumpen", and my vote on you would be wrong and I would be embarrassed and the Content Game's reputation besmirched.

That you now put forth an explanation that you made a calculated choice based on thoughts about what various alignments would do, and you chose to blow off the Content Game because you felt would make you look Town, is a big yikes.

The Content Game works. Bet on it. Retro Futurist is secret alliance aligned.

Oh itís that other stuff too, Iím just pointing out how silly it is to put any weight on it and the convenient cave it gives scum to dig themselves into to hide

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

Oh no, not me
We never lost control

Lumpen posted:

I completely disagree with your thesis about participating and responding and posting about other's alignments is a "convenient cave to hide in". It is refusing to participate, as you did, which the informed minority benefit from. It's the same reason why they lurk and why it is effective.

Following that logic for the sake of argument, do you then suggest that Illegally Sober is worse for suggesting I run a Content Game, and complying with the first round?
Do you suggest that the people who have decide to step up and answer CPig's Content Game are less Town for doing so? If so, which people?

In my opinion, those choices of actions reflected well on those people.

Nobody is making good alignment calls hours into D1, so I'd disagree with your first sentence right there.

But I also suggest we put a pin in this and discuss it after the game is over, I only started talking about it because it was relevant to what ETR was accusing me of

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

Oh no, not me
We never lost control

As for actual alignment calls ETR looks pretty suspicious to me for that weird analysis, and I still have gut feelings about binus.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

Oh no, not me
We never lost control

:lumpen:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

Oh no, not me
We never lost control

Let's just keep voting binus. Charge him right past majority line ##Vote binus

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

Oh no, not me
We never lost control

b-minus1 posted:

I’m pretty sure we have some votes on scum because things are really quiet right now

:discourse:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

Oh no, not me
We never lost control

Is this going to be one of those games where we all forget how jokes work and take everything literally?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

Oh no, not me
We never lost control

Mr. Humalong posted:

lumpen is in the game, yes

until scum most likely NK him

You seem awfully sure heís town

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

Oh no, not me
We never lost control

##vote binus

My action failed but I also targeted lumpen so Iím guessing he got jailed.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

Oh no, not me
We never lost control

b-minus1 posted:

Lumpen still thinks Iím scum lol. Dunno whatís up with Rf

Rf also still thinks youíre scum

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

Oh no, not me
We never lost control

SalTheBard posted:

Unless this was some super gambit for a scum B- to cuddle his own teammate to get town cred I don't see B being scum.

Oh drat what an unprecedented thing that would be. It's never happened before and we don't even have a word for it! I'm going to call it bussing since I just invented it so I get to name it

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

Oh no, not me
We never lost control

Etr was also on my list yesterday so Iím more than happy to switch if needed

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

Oh no, not me
We never lost control

Hal Incandenza posted:

Wtf is powerwolfing

I think it's from one of those books Lumpen narrates

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

Oh no, not me
We never lost control

I have seen it! The card say we're all going to vote ETR, then with like a day left Amni posts that they're being replaced, and we all leave that vote at the 11th hour for some weird apathy vote because someone said something vaguely awkward.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

Oh no, not me
We never lost control

Better to vote binus now and deal with ETR later. If they don't post today they get modkilled anyways

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

Oh no, not me
We never lost control

Ok, well in that case ETR has 6 hours to make 2 posts or they're modkilled, so is it worth spending the kill on them?

OTOH my Binus case is mostly gut, and the only one who seems to agree with me is lumpen...

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

Oh no, not me
We never lost control

Alright well I had good vibes from Sal, but better to lose a 3P than nokilling

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

Oh no, not me
We never lost control

Mr. Steak posted:

not to chain-lunch or anything, but if sal is town then binus is scum

Sal claimed 3P so it seems unlikely he's town, imo

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

Oh no, not me
We never lost control

Oh. I checked my PM and it just said town, I didn't think to check the OP

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

Oh no, not me
We never lost control

I'm just closing up the shop and then heading home with some stops. I'll be around but not consistently. Would switch to Sal, but if ETR shows up and slams down a bunch of garbage posts I will absolutely flip to them.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

Oh no, not me
We never lost control

##vote etr

The town move would have been to just lie down and take your licks

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

Oh no, not me
We never lost control

I mean etr should have eaten the modkill rather than fulfilling my prophecy

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

Oh no, not me
We never lost control

My gut still says binus but now I'm all unsure of myself

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

Oh no, not me
We never lost control

I don't case with my brain. He who cases with his brain has forgotten the face of his father. I case with my heart.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

Oh no, not me
We never lost control

I'm going to plant myself in the "steak's stuff sounds like it's made up" camp for now

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

Oh no, not me
We never lost control

Lumpen posted:

I think it's highly "convenient* that when there is a way to demonstrate Mr. Steak's claim (he should have been able to identify the messenger if he watched), suddenly that claim was a lie and a new claim is created, but also he won't demonstrate that the extravotes are gone.

I hate to say it but this is a very good catch.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

Oh no, not me
We never lost control

Steak remind me who you targeted last night

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

Oh no, not me
We never lost control

Mr. Steak posted:

myself, lumpen, hambeet

I'm not convinced those gel with your posting. Ham at least you claim a town read on, then Lumpen comes out of nowhere. otoh you seem pretty sure Sal is scum and they've claimed a potentially pro town role, yet you didn't pick them

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

Oh no, not me
We never lost control

Mr. Steak posted:

wait, when do i seem sure sal is scum? lol are you confusing me with someone else?

Whoops I meant town

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

Oh no, not me
We never lost control

Mr. Steak posted:

and my vote (read: target) on lumpen was there since way early in the day, with me explicitly stating a town read of him.

Where is this?