Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

charms posted:

Someone else's action would have failed, too. But he forgot to mention it.

##vote Mr. Steak

Not necessarily. Some jailers will cause all actions to fail on the target, some will only cause kills to fail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

charms posted:

Okay. So which kind is Sal then?

Ooh drat, ok good catch because I'm not a killing role, steak's thing should have failed.

That settles it then ##vote steak

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Mr. Steak posted:

omg. can y'all please recall who was jailed and who i targetted, before being so trigger happy?

gently caress I mixed up ham and hum.

I'm trying to cut back on coffee it's not going well ##unvote

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Steak I still want you to show me where you called Lumpen town because that also straight up looks like a lie

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Mr. Steak posted:

also, at the time my stronger towmreads binus and sal both had a bunch of votes on them, so i didnt want to add to those

At the time lumpen had more votes than binus, if I’m rereading correctly

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

We're at the point where even if steak is town, he's caused too much confusion and killing him will give us more info than keeping him alive will. It's why you have to be careful lying as town and be, like, good at it.
Though he's probably not town anyways, too many moving parts for this one.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Steak I just want to point out one thing you said earlier, your gambit did not benefit the town. IF you're telling the whole truth at this point, you blocked those kills IN SPITE OF your lies not because of them, because as Lumpen pointed out its absolutely absurd that scum tried to kill 2 different people who were being watched. If you're town here you just happened to be up against some very stupid people, that's all

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

My action also failed so someone definitely did something. If it wasn't Sal I assume we have a lightning rod

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

If there was a lightning rod that would likely make everyone except Sal fail. If there were another RB we should have seen it come up by now.
Doesn't say anything about Sal's alignment but it's the most likely explanation

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Huh, that’s weird then, I don’t know what could have caused this other than a lightning rod.
Sal have you at any point gotten an “action successful/failed” message?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

SalTheBard posted:

I've received 3

N1 - Jail Lumpen - Action Successful
N2 - Jail Hum - Action Successful
N3 - Jail Xiw - Action Successful

I'm trying to figure out why this a big deal to you?

Because that means you apparently had the only successful action last night. Either you’re lying or there’s a second lighting rod

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

More specifically if you didn’t get results at all then it could be ambiguous, but with an explicit successful result that leaves 3 possibilities
1) you did a mass jail and lied
2) there are 2 lightning rod roles in this game which makes the mod part of my brain sweaty
3) some third option that I can’t fathom but maybe lumpen will condescend to me about later

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

My targets were
N1 lumpen (failed)
N2 sal
N3 lumpen (failed)

My role isn’t particularly useful right now so i don’t have anything good to add here

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ooh, a backup! If someone had a vackuo/gravedigger type role they could have gotten the lightning rod after the first one died.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

So in that case Sal is likely telling the truth about at least that much

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Pig getting his vig back seems like a big stretch, not sure how I feel about how readily everyone is running with it

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Leith Maclaine posted:

I can see voting Sal, RF, or B-

B- was the initial 2 penny vote and I can see that as scum not being able to back away from it cleanly and leaving it there.

Sal was the final vote without much of a justification. I think it was a scum distancing.

RF, didn't vote for Penny and did not for the other town nk.

I'm not sure I can make a case on anyone else.

Sorry, your case here on me is that I didn't vote town? And you say that right after casing the other two for doing that?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

SalTheBard posted:

Leith scum making poo poo case. Scum 101

Yeah I actually think I might have caught them in something here. That's just a straight up "fly under the radar/see what sticks" post

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'd vote binus or leith today I think

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

We almost certainly have an SK or second scum team going by the 3 kills (1 Mafia, 1 vig, 1 unaccounted for) so Not Town =! Mafia. I don't feel Leith is town after today, but that doesn't mean they were on a team with 2 Penny.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

charms posted:

The best reason I can think of for scum doing the mass roleblock is if they wanted to stop the last CPig vig from happening. It goes with either theory about what happened to vig - either they got the first but not the second, or they just learned about it with the CPig flip and wanted to shut it down. Because of Sal's claimed ability, that puts them in the spotlight. If Sal's scum and gets lynched, it'd ruin the entire point of that move to stop an ally from being killed and would actually leave the secret alliance in a worse position than if they didn't do the omni block. So a Sal lynch is not an option for me today.

Lumpen posted:

That's a good point and gives Sal a motive for popping the MegaJail. If the Vig was in the wild and they feared it was going to hit one of them, the MegaJail would protect them from that Vig and also wipe out any other Town power roles that might catch them, and give them a chance to push for a mis-vote today. That might be worth forsaking their own NK.

Except again, we know we had 3 kill attempts N2. So how do you guys reconcile that with this track? Scum would have to know the vig was still out, but not have it themselves. How does any of that work with Pig dead and 2 kill attempts according to flipped town Steak?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Mr. Humalong posted:

this post pings me and I'm surprised it flew under the radar for so many people

If you're trying to make the arguement that anyone who accuses someone of being an SK is scum, that's usually true but in this case there was context.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Leith Maclaine posted:

We have already had a scum claim to be 3P. We have already had a 3P revealed. And now RF is making an argument for multiple scum teams or another 3P?

I don't buy it, and yeah, their posts are awfully lacking.

##vote RF

We had a survivor flip, that's not the same thing at all. And unless Steak lied again (and if he did so help me god steak) then we had 3 kills in one night. No matter how you slice we more likely than not have an SK

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Cool that I'm suddenly the vote leader with less than 6 hours to go based on nothing, def not suspicious at all.

##vote Leith

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Leith Maclaine posted:

Would you care to at least inform us of your role?

lol

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm not upgraded yet.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

hambeet posted:

if you gave town a vig and they didn't comment on receiving it, wouldn't you think that odd?

Not even a little

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Damnit, now we have to do actual mafia instead of relying on night actions! ##vote leith

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I've claimed all my targets and success/failures.

And my lieth vote is carried over from yesterday

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Mr. Humalong posted:

yes, strange

almost as if they're scum

I can at least usually understand when people are suspicious of me but you're saying Lumpen is scum? He's the towniest one here

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Leith Maclaine posted:

Nope, Sal now has that role with the massjail.

How does the mass jail make Sal town? I don't really think Sal is scum but that's nothing to do with an ability

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Leith Maclaine posted:

Mass Jail prevents scum from killing a town player. We are probably getting close to the end and locking everything down one night delays that which right now with only 1 scum kill is in the towns interest.

Without the mass jail, we would definitely be down another town than we are now.

Except that we'd also immediately have all voted Sal today so they'd be trading that kill for him. Not to mention that the mass jail also stops whatever investigative roles we have left so town comes into the day with less info.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Leith Maclaine posted:

So if Sal hadn't done the mass jail, you would have said he is scum. And the fact that he did do it, means it was an anti-town move. And yet your vote is on me?

SalTheBard posted:

Jesus loving Christ

##vote Sal

Peace mother fuckers!

Sorry guys, was I unclear like 5 posts up here

Retro Futurist posted:

How does the mass jail make Sal town? I don't really think Sal is scum but that's nothing to do with an ability

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Neither my target nor the country targetting me have flipped so I don't want to claim anything yet. I get Lumpen's thought process but if it's wrong it hands scum the game

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I suspect scum have fake claims as well, but fine whatever I'm not interested in fighting everyone else on it. Also mine are both weird and not countries but I don't know if that means anything.

I'm Aragon and my target is the Papal States

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Cool so I was right and scum now have a roadmap to amping up their powers dope.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Lumpen posted:

RF and Xiw both acted really weird about this in contrast with everyone else and both used the same "concern".

Yes that's called logic. I mean even if you were on to something that would mean that a) Amni made this game solvable solely off a mass claim and b) didn't give scum fake claims.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Leith Maclaine posted:

All of this giving scum a road map talk is just an excuse to hide information.

Mass claims also give the scum information and is very useful in outing them also.

Scum already know more than town does so giving both sides information at least puts town on a more equal footing if not making the puzzle solvable.

##vote RF

Except that I did give the information out. Pray tell, how was any of this useful to town? What useful thing did we learn?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

The sheer amount of shameless rolefishing from leith this game is just absurd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm sticking to my theory of a universal backup who got the lightning rod.