Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

Ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

What's up

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

Take care, hum. We understand!

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

Whoever called me scummy for unexplained absence is probably scum tho.
Was it IS?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

Will get caught up proper today

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

Leith Maclaine posted:

Hrmmm, Vig question:

Who would I Vig, AA because AA as scum is really drat good. And don't get me started with how good he is as a 3rd party. Eat the Rich statement about needing to pad their post count looks like someone to trying to obfuscate so it is looking scummy also.

Who would I give a Vig too, Lumped because right now they seem to be trying hard to get people to give content.

I wish I was good at playing scum or 3p. You should know that I never actually win as either D:<

Also I'm only good until I actively shoot myself in the foot or tell on myself under pressure.

Not this game though.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

I don't know who I'd vig yet. N0, I'd roll with a die roller. N1 well well well, let me tell you in just a little bit.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

Leith Maclaine posted:

The time where you were the serial killer, I had to work out the math for how to ensure we (the scum) could make sure the win. It was a very near run thing and to be honest, I thought Toal was the serial killer until the very end.

ugh, I had nearly forgotten the pain of that defeat... don't remind me lol.

My coffee literally just turned sour in my mouth as my brain recollected the horror.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

Actually, the worst part of that defeat was... I didn't expect to win and suddenly it became a real possibility and I got super super invested not knowing you and b- had rigged the game.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Actually, the worst part of that defeat was... I didn't expect to win and suddenly it became a real possibility and I got super super invested not knowing you and b- had rigged the game.

...but back to this one.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

##vote sober

Your prodding seems strange.

Strange to call my 2 posts scummy so early on.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

Amnistar @ Jan 22, 2020 6:36 AM posted:

The Nations of the World have gathered. Someone has begun banding together to paint the map their own color. To save yourselves, and possible expand your own borders, you have gathered together to locate who it is that is plotting together. Find those jerks that have created their Secret Alliance and remove them from the map, before they remove you!

Votecount for Day 1

Not Voting (16): 2 penny bottle imp, Anomalous Amalgam, b-minus1, CapitalistPig, charms, Eat The Rich, Hal Incandenza, hambeet, IllegallySober, Leith Maclaine, Lumpen, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Steak, Retro Futurist, SalTheBard, xiw

With 16 alive, it's 9 votes to execute. The current deadline is January 25th, 2020 at 7:03 a.m. EST -- that's in about 2 days, 23 hours.

GAME STAR

IllegallySober @ Jan 22, 2020 8:17 PM posted:

Xiw at least said they would check in later, I think. AA didnít provide an excuse. Pretty scummy...!

+14ish hours.

Bullshit.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

"It's not an AA case if it doesn't include time stamps."ô

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

hambeet posted:

You think that's a legit serious push, as opposed to a joke?

I think it's an odd prod in any case

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

I also don't think steak's ability is a town ability and I think disclosing it is away to get around the awkwardness of being scum out in the open, again.

"But guys, I told you I can vote 3 people at once or stack votes! It's totally a good thing!"

Not too much worse than random vigs going off, but I don't see that as a town move, and going back to the very very initial point.

yeah that's an awkward sober call out even in the skin of a joke

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

I stand by it, and I'm going to sleep now so deeeaaalll wwiiiitthhh ittttttttt

:smugwizard:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

Hal Incandenza posted:

Hi AA thanks for posting more coherently for a little while there, that was great

A gross misrepresentation or my skillful reserved plays

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

b-minus1 posted:

drat this is a scummy post

:goofy:

Is it?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

Lumpen posted:

The mod said that every role was created independently of alignment and that alignment was just RNG'd, so trying to deduce alignment from powers is not going to work. We're you aware of this and does it change your view?

Also Steak demonstrated that the power currently only allows three distributed votes, and he also demonstrated that it currently does not work to stack votes.

His eagerness to show this (apparently) useless ability is still something to evaluate, but the ability itself is no indication of alignment.

All things considered I think Steak is more likely Town. Illegally Sober asked me why I reconsidered and I think his behavior was in character with his sincere self and he wasn't trying to be loudly deceptive. He was the informed minority Mason in an unconfirmed masonry in our last game and he was very reserved and agreeable there, being defensive and flailing and eager to overstate fits his Town meta as far as I can see and it seems more likely that he would confirm to his meta than launch an audacious gambit straight mouth of the starting gate to flip his meta, and also happen to not draw Town once again.

I was not aware because I'm a bad who doesn't read rules thoroughly. Yes, it does change my opinion lol ugh

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

Mr. Humalong posted:

AAís only content this game and it was built on not reading the OP where itís stated the roles were designed before assigning alignment.

Everything else is him getting sassy about being called out for lurking or talking about Doug Mafia.

##vote AA feels like a good vote right now.

That's a good case, but it's not right, unfortunately. Also it wasn't just Doug Mafia, I had a consecutive close SK win in a Toalpaz game right after Doug... My heart is breaking from these losses. Why must everyone drag up my failures!

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

This is def a scumalong game unfortunately

##vote hum

Phone it in folks

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

IllegallySober posted:

I’m trapped in the hell that is IKEA with my fiancée, send help.

Skimming as best I can.

Bring back meatballs and cinnamon rolls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

I think Hal is scum. Probably Humalong too. Only gut feels though.