Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

My new years resolution is to play more mafia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Bonjour!

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Content Games seem cool and fun. Suggesting that someone should read your previous games is not cool and fun.

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

I gotta pad my post count.

I'm a big fan of the Content Game. It's been great for my notes. Definitely something I'm going to apply moving forward as I haven't played many games and am very bad at this.

I'm leaning scum on RF and Sal. Lots of jokes and dodging the sacred Content Game.

Charms could even be scum. He's playing how I played the first time I was scum. It would also explain why Sal answered for him.

I think Steak and Lumpen are town and the Townie Slapfight comment was perfect. I am curious to know how Lumpen plays as scum. Does he still try to push for Content Games?

IllegallySober reads town right now too.

I'm not really sure about everyone else.

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

If I had to vig, Sal. If I had to pass it, probably Lumpen or IllegallySober.

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

ugh i couldve turned that long post into like three posts

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Well, it's a hypothetical and I don't want to vig anyone but Sal is the most suspicious to me behind RF. Obvious choices there, especially if you read my long post. I'd pass it to Lumpen or IllegallySober based on the fact that theyre the only ones who really read town and know how to play the game, unlike the poster above me. Which again would be obvious if you read my long post.

What is your answer and do you have any reads?

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

2 penny bottle imp posted:

All youve said about Sal is that he made jokes and passed on the content game (which I think is a silly concept btw).

RF dodged the content game and Sal answered for him with a joke. He also answered for Charms, which to me could be evidence that he's helping his scumbuddy. Same thing for RF.

Why do you think the content game is silly? It seems like a great way to generate discussion that could be used to find scum.

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

b-, why didn't you vote for yourself?

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

I'm around. I'm at work and today sucks.

I meant to ##vote Retro Futurist with my reads. I still feel it's counterproductive to dodge questions. 2 penny also dodged all but one of my questions while he was interrogating me

That's all I'm really basing my reads on right now.

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

2 penny bottle imp posted:

So you are admitting that in this scenario, b- is town, because otherwise if scum they would just tell scummates in chat, right? Yet you are still pushing them?

This is a diiiiiiirrty post. You know more than you are letting on.

##vote Leith

If Leith was scum, he would know who is scummates are.

##vote 2 penny

Also b-, what the heck is your power

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Leith Maclaine posted:

I voted B- because he asked for it.

I did not unvote B because he had not said what the vote got him.

B's quote was that he was now more powerful than we could imagine (yes, star wars quote I know)

so 3P is also a possibility but I don't know why a town person with a confirmed role would not share the results with town.

Not wanting information to be out is scummy.

This is why the pushback on content games bother me.

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Also only two alignments in the OP.

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Just saw this while walking around LA. I felt I needed to share.

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

##vote sal

sorry not sorry your scumbuddy died

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

b-minus1 posted:

Oh. Lol. Why didn’t he kill me haha

I wonder hmmm

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Mr. Steak posted:

what are you getting at here? say it in a way that gives you any accountability >_>

Half-joking, half-implying he's alive because he's scum

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

also I'm totally town, guys. Do you think 2 penny would've given me that much poo poo if I was scum? The unfortunate truth is that I am a bad player.

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

SalTheBard posted:

I looked at your posts. Case me or gently caress off

Lol what posts

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

b-minus1 posted:

Yeah I’m gonna neee you to explain this vote please

I may have missed it. When did penny give you poo poo

He had a problem with my reads not being good enough

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

b-minus1 posted:

So did etr completely check out of the game

My weekend of partying is over. I have a laptop and I'm catching up. I'll be way more active for the rest of the game.

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

SalTheBard posted:

I mean we cuddled scum D1 (Yay Town), we lost a town and a 3p on N1 so Town can afford the miscuddle here. I'll go ahead and claim, let the chips fall where they may.

I'm a Independent Nation aligned Jailer. When I power up I can Jail everyone once, but then I lose my jailing power for the rest of the game. I'm sure this comes as no surprise, but I Jailed Lumpen on N1. I will keep my nation secret for now just to ensure that my "rival" doesn't insist on cuddling me to get their own powerup.

Dude there are only 2 alignments

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Oh I read further. I'm dumb. I need coffee.

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

SalTheBard posted:

Do you not think that Xiw and ETR appearing literally 4 hours before the end of the day to be like "lol sorry!' and then dropping votes on me is a town thing to do? I sure as gently caress don't think it is.

My vote has been there since the beginning of the day. It's unlikely to change.

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

My case from the beginning of day 1 has been the lack of content from you and the fact that you dodged the content game.

Complaining about the content game is the exact same thing 2 penny did and I don't think 'white noise' is a good enough reason to not respond to questions that could help forward the game. It just shows you're unwilling to work with town.

Mr. Humalong posted:

Who are your top 3 picks for a vote today?

You never did reply to this.

You're also super focused on Lumpen with zero justification aside from OMGUS, which is not a good look.

SalTheBard posted:

Thats fine. Sometimes town players get cuddled on Day 1.

I would be willing to vote b-minus and hal. I'll try to provide reads before the end of the day otherwise I'll post them tomorrow.

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

SalTheBard posted:

gently caress off I did

yeah i ignored it because it didnt feel very genuine.

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

one vote is for Lumpen because you hate content games. Not a good reason.

one vote against 2p that looks like distancing.

one vote for IS that is, as you say, OMGUS.

If these are genuine then you might be worse at this game than me.

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Since I'm at -4 and we have an hour left, I'd be willing to take the cuddle. I'm not scum but it might be a net gain for town.

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

I appreciate it, my dude. I try to not take anything personally in Mafia games.

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

I wouldnt surprised if everyone voting for me right now was scum

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

I was above the post count for the day on the same page as the results.

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

SalTheBard posted:

So you willfully LIED in your case then because you felt it wasn't genuine? What you said is "I didn't respond" what you should've said (because this is how you feel) is "You responded, but it wasn't genuine." So again, your case is poo poo. This is scum making a half hearted case to justify their lovely loving vote.

why do you call this willfully lying and not the thing with b- having 5 people vote for him?

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

hambeet posted:

When presenting a case you need to be factual, omitting posts or misrepresenting what was said because it doesn’t suit your argument is harmful to productive open discussion. That’s not of benefit to town.

Asking for 5 votes for no reason doesn’t harm discussion, it opens it up. That is of benefit to town.

Word.

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

quote:

Alignment Town
Power Name Underdog of Europe
Power Effect "During the night, may select a target.
In the first half of the day may post ""CHALLENGE!"" the only voting options are this role and the target.
If target is lynched without challenge being issued, you are lynched in their place.
Can only issue a challenge if there are more thaan 8 players alive.
Challenge can only be issued twice in the course of the game."

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Is it okay that I copied it directly? I know some mods frown on that.

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Yeah you were so right about content games, Lumpen. I am not a clever man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

I mean Sal. Lol