Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.
I'm in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

The joys of joke phase.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Mr. Steak posted:

also this is the first time i rolled town in like 5 consecutive games, so lets do this!

Really? You think we are going to believe that this is the game you finally roll town?

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Already a panic from Steak. We are what, 2 hours in?

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Can someone explain how Content Game is judged? I am interested in this tactic on joke phase?

Sal, Lumpen, Steak

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Lumpen posted:

Utterances and choices about other players (or avoiding mentioning other players) creates a web of connections and evidence and behavior on the record by which alignment can be discerned. Content creates the basis for seiriousvotes and this kills the jokephase.

K, I'm trying to increase my skill set in the game. It will be interesting to see.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Retro Futurist posted:

gently caress steak, marry Leith, kill Lumpen

Ermmmm, is this where I respond with a kissy face emoji?

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Right

:-*

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Hrmmm, Vig question:

Who would I Vig, AA because AA as scum is really drat good. And don't get me started with how good he is as a 3rd party. Eat the Rich statement about needing to pad their post count looks like someone to trying to obfuscate so it is looking scummy also.

Who would I give a Vig too, Lumped because right now they seem to be trying hard to get people to give content.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I wish I was good at playing scum or 3p. You should know that I never actually win as either D:<

Also I'm only good until I actively shoot myself in the foot or tell on myself under pressure.

Not this game though.

The time where you were the serial killer, I had to work out the math for how to ensure we (the scum) could make sure the win. It was a very near run thing and to be honest, I thought Toal was the serial killer until the very end.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Actually, the worst part of that defeat was... I didn't expect to win and suddenly it became a real possibility and I got super super invested not knowing you and b- had rigged the game.

The real fun part was convincing him to save the role block the night before …….

But as you said, back to this game.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Lumpen posted:

This post is real bad. Psychologically.

I had considered it possible that you derailed the Content Game because you resented the curtailing of jokephase and also just for "gently caress Lumpen", and my vote on you would be wrong and I would be embarrassed and the Content Game's reputation besmirched.

That you now put forth an explanation that you made a calculated choice based on thoughts about what various alignments would do, and you chose to blow off the Content Game because you felt would make you look Town, is a big yikes.

The Content Game works. Bet on it. Retro Futurist is secret alliance aligned.

For a long time I haven't understood the tactics around D1 jokephase but I'm starting to see the method to the madness.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

##vote b-

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

2 penny bottle imp posted:

So everyone realizes that voting for b- probably charged some sort of power for them, right? If that turns out to be a vig or an extra night kill, Im suspicious of them, and think there's probably at least 1 scumbuddy in the mix who helped charge them up.

Yes, and I am very interested in how that power is used. Of course, this is the person who stepped on a mine and self killed in a previous game so my judgement in such things is questionable.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

I'm right now keeping my vote on b- since there still hasn't been an explanation as to what his charge up power actually does. He confirmed the power exists to scum, so why not share the results.....

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Why else would he ask for 5 votes? He told everyone (including scum) that he has some role that requires power ups, but not what that role is.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

So you are admitting that in this scenario, b- is town, because otherwise if scum they would just tell scummates in chat, right? Yet you are still pushing them?

This is a diiiiiiirrty post. You know more than you are letting on.

##vote Leith

Why wouldn't he tell town if he wasn't scum? I don't know poo poo which is why I am asking. I think we found a scumbro.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

They are probably lurking since noone is borderline yet.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

So you are admitting that in this scenario, b- is town, because otherwise if scum they would just tell scummates in chat, right? Yet you are still pushing them?

This is a diiiiiiirrty post. You know more than you are letting on.

##vote Leith

So wanting someone to give information to town, and pointing out that they are not doing that, means that I know they are town??????? This makes no sense at all. Yes, I am still going to push b- to give information to town but you are specifically casting shade on me for wanting more information to be public. That is specifically scummy.

##vote 2 penny

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Basically, Leith voted b- without calling him scummy. The way I read it, Leith voted b- because he gave free info to the thread, and by exyension, gave it to scum, but didnt give 100% of the info to scum.

Buuuut if true that just means b- is foolish town, not scum. Scum dont "share info with scum" in thread, as Leith claims:

It could even be a scumslip - Leith *knows* b- isnt scum, and therefore Leith sharing info with the thread shares it with scum.

But if b- were scum, sharing info happens in scumchat.

In short: notice that Leith doesnt call b- scum in that post, but votes anyway.

I voted B- because he asked for it.

I did not unvote B because he had not said what the vote got him.

B's quote was that he was now more powerful than we could imagine (yes, star wars quote I know)

so 3P is also a possibility but I don't know why a town person with a confirmed role would not share the results with town.

Not wanting information to be out is scummy.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

You are here simultaneously (a) calling b- anti-town [but NOT scummy] for sharing some info about their power, and (b) calling me scummy by accusing me of wanting power info not to be claimed in thread.

Do you see the contradiction?

No, I am calling b- anti-town for not sharing the results of his power to benefit all of town.I can see an advantage of keeping a power secret so a player can not be targeted for NK but that advantage goes down greatly once it is know a player has a power instead of being vanilla. It is probably an investigative since it had a charge up requirement but that is me purely guessing, so I would like to know the results of the investigation.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Please clarify what you are again inferring above: are you implying that the info shared helped scum? Because that's how I read the below:

If I am correct on my interpretation, you are saying that the shared info was new info to scum. Meaning you dont think b- is scum. Meaning you shouldnt have voted him.

I voted for him because he asked for it. I said I was not going to move my vote off of him until I found out the results. I do not know if he is scum or not. I do know that he has information that he is not sharing.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

So we're all good with someone voting a suspected town player in order to blackmail them? coo coo cool

No, we are all good voting for an unknown town player to apply pressure on them to gain information. You are being too sure that they are town in their defense.

There is this game called mafia about social manipulation and deduction. You may have heard of it.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Leith Maclaine posted:

No, we are all good voting for an unknown town player to apply pressure on them to gain information. You are being too sure that they are town in their defense.

There is this game called mafia about social manipulation and deduction. You may have heard of it.

Mafia edit

No, we are all good voting for an unknown player to apply pressure on them to gain information. You are being too sure that they are town in their defense.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Mr. Steak posted:

this deadline discourse is reeking to me of an aloof scumteam having fun while town picks between two town options (2penny and leith). the reason i think this is very few people are actually posting useful content outside of those 2. if scum were in danger of death, other scums would be at least making an attempt to generate fake content either for or against their bud. but what im seeing here is a town (in the general sense of "all players") who is fairly apathetic toward the lunch. on d1 that's normal, but if it was scum about to be lunched, we'd be seeing more investment in the lunch. ergo, 2penny and leith are town

This may be the smartest thing I have ever seen Steak say.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

hambeet posted:

what role is confirmed?

We don't know. And someone did point out it could have been a content ploy. I think there was something but we don't know.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

IllegallySober posted:

I’m trapped in the hell that is IKEA with my fiancée, send help.

Skimming as best I can.

Hide is the cafe, we will find you by the meatballs.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

I'll take one for the team to remove a hostile 3rd party. Challenge accepted.

I breadcrumbed tracker as my ability starting with this post.

Leith Maclaine posted:

The joys of joke phase.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

IllegallySober posted:

I believe you, but I don’t think you needed to claim this right now. :(

If 2 penny is going to revenge kill me anyway, I might as well see how I can help while I have time to comment. It's a non-standard tracker anyway until conditions are met, so I view it as pretty weak.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

IllegallySober posted:

Penny, of the people on your vote, you mentioned Leith as scum. Do you believe they are the only scum on your vote? If not, who else?

This is a valid question, if Steak is right and we are both Town, who should we target? We are at 40 minutes right now.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

charms posted:

I'm going to take Amnistar's word over yours. I don't know if it would violate the rules to quote this directly, but this was covered in the pre-game channel announcement. It's given that everyone has a power upgrade.

##vote 2 penny bottle imp

Charms is right,

OP does say each player represents a county and has a power up condition.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

charms posted:

Pirates are a country in EUIV, though (if you pay $14.99 for the right DLC)

Yeah, but there is still the lack of target country which was also in the OP.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Eat The Rich posted:

Also only two alignments in the OP.

Good point, I think we have a live one. And if 2 penny revenge kills me, go get them.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

I think 2 penny has been very aggressive for a survivor win condition.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

This is how I play as town, and that's the mentality I set out to achieve.

Leith, would you accept a second target instead of me? This doesnt need to end this way.

Yes, but I don't see it happening in 10 minutes.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

I'm surprised that 2 penny didn't revenge kill me.

I think that is a interesting observation about cpig from xiw but cpig gave that information up without prompting which is odd....

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

b-minus1 posted:

Why the gently caress are people voting me.

Cause you still haven't said what information you got when 5 people voted for you. That was a central point in yesterday's discussions.

##vote b-

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

b-minus1 posted:

Jfc it didn’t do a drat thing I was just loving around. Good god, I usually don’t take these games that seriously but I wil legitimately be pissed if I am lunched the day after leading everyone to dunking a scum. Seriously wtf is going on here. I hope the people voting me are scum because there is no excuse for this terrible play by some of you.

Finally, there was no power. That's an answer.

##unvote

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

SalTheBard posted:

B- I'm incredibly sceptical of people voting for you. I wouldn't vote B- today or any other day.

So you would never vote for B? What information do you have that we don't?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

SalTheBard posted:

The fact that it was B- who lead a cuddle on known scum Penny on D1.

Unless this was some super gambit for a scum B- to cuddle his own teammate to get town cred I don't see B being scum.

I am pretty sure you are right, it is the absoluteness of your position that I am questioning.