Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
I reread Eat the Rich and he looks Town to me, his reads track well with my own reactions. Unsurprisingly my top suspects are the bandwagon on him. With no cases or justifications.

What’s the case?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

SalTheBard posted:

Did you guys skip my post where I said it's OMGUS? I don't like playing Mafia with Lumpen. That's part of my posts. I don't like content game so early because it's scummy and pointless white noise.

B- is a strong town read for me, opinions can change, but as of now I wouldn't vote for him.

If you want to cuddle me for that then fine. You are going to cuddle a townie.

OMGUS usually means the shady practice of voting someone who is voting for you. Voting for someone you meta don’t like is usually referred to as a “policy vote”.

I hope this is an act because you’re Secret Alliance, because I like playing with you :(

My top 3 list is still binus, CPig, and Sal, would vote any of them.
##vote SalTheBard

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

SalTheBard posted:

B- I'm incredibly sceptical of people voting for you. I wouldn't vote B- today or any other day.

b-minus1 posted:

I don’t like this Sal push at all. I won’t vote Sal.
Noted. (They call this one “powerwolfing”.)

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

SalTheBard posted:

It appears to be "Defensive Distancing" whatever the gently caress that means
No, the opposite.
It's when you blantantly support your buddy and aggressively criticize votes against them, and not bus.
Also making bold gambits ("hey put 5 votes on me") and then using you buddies to cooperate on getting Townies mis-snuggled with them (see 2Penny and CPig voting Leith D1.)

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Retro Futurist posted:

I have seen it! The card say we're all going to vote ETR, then with like a day left Amni posts that they're being replaced, and we all leave that vote at the 11th hour for some weird apathy vote because someone said something vaguely awkward.
Deadline is in less than 6 hours.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Not Voting (3): Hal Incandenza, hambeet, Mr. Steak

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is January 28th, 2020 at 8 p.m. CST -- that's in about :siren: 5 hours, 38 minutes.:siren:

Put down a vote.

Name your three top suspects, let's get to consensus.

My earlier List is still accurate. I will happily vote any if B-minus1, CPig, or SalTheBard.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

hambeet posted:

I take it no one likes my steak case aside from steak himself and sal?

Mr. Steak posted:

oh wait 2penny was scum. lmao i literally forgot
This would be a very ballsy post to fabricate, I don't think Steak is the type. Maybe I'm a sucker but I judge it to be highly exculpatory and I feel confident Mr. Steak isn't Secret Alliance.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Mr. Steak posted:

sal surely isnt lying about being jailor, but thats not exactly a role that bodes well for his alignment.

tbh his unnecessary "yay town!" in that post makes me suddenly alright with voting him
All the roles were created before alignments were RNG'ed! This has already been covered a few times. So roles say nothing about alignments.

I believe and evidence supports Sal's claim of his target being me N1, but that doesn't do anything to suggest he's Town in my opinion.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Eat The Rich posted:

I wouldnt surprised if everyone voting for me right now was scum
That would mean the setup had 5 Secret Alliance members and a Survivor vs (at most) 10 Town, and that would be unlikely for balance reasons, but I agree with you about b-minus1, CPig, and Sal.

Retro Futurist posted:

[b##vote etr[/b

The town move would have been to just lie down and take your licks
I think RF's moving from voting Binus to voting with Binus against ETR is weird and surprising. Not sure what his justification was referencing.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Charms sure is very not around.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Last night I was visited by a messenger. Hi messenger.

I think the messenger is likely b-minus1, or impersonating the writing style.

If Mr. Steak's claim about watching the people he was voting is true, then he should be able to identify the messenger, and I can confirm with the code word.

That wouldn't confirm the alignment of the messenger but might confirm whether Steak's claim was true (unless Steak and messenger are able to communicate OOT).

I think CPig was a very weird NK target if there is actually a Town Upgraded Triple Watcher, especially after a Doc is dead.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
I think it's highly "convenient* that when there is a way to demonstrate Mr. Steak's claim (he should have been able to identify the messenger if he watched), suddenly that claim was a lie and a new claim is created, but also he won't demonstrate that the extravotes are gone.

Both claims also very self-serving as far as manipulating power roles and providing an excuse for Steak not being dead the next day.

Maybe CPig gave Steak (or another of the SAAPs) the Vig, and Steak went all through D2 creating a gambit setting them up to use it as an extra Secret Alliance nightkill?

If that was the case then one kill did get stopped, they would not both target CPig. If Sal is Town and his claim of Jailer is true, then he may have jailed a killer or a victim. Since he already claimed Jailer he should probably claim his N2 target.

Mr. Steak, if you are telling the truth, please ask the mod if you can demonstrate your extravotes are gone.

I am inclined to 'Liminate All Liars.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
I was probably right with my first instincts on D1 and I won't take the chance of being punked by an admitted liar.
##vote Mr. Steak

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
In this understated response, Sal is claiming that he Jailed Mr. Humalong N2.

Uhhh, why? I couldn't find any alignment call about him by you at all.
Sal's only utterance about Humalong in the entire game was early on D1:

SalTheBard posted:

<3 Mr Scumalong!

At the end of D2, Sal's stayed suspects were ETR and xiw.

SalTheBard posted:

I'm going to go ahead and vote for Xiw (yes I'm aware that I quote ETR's post)

##vote xiw

But like goddamn Xiw and ETR just dropping in at the end of the day to be like "Lol sorry getting caught up!" is so loving scummy it's un loving believable.

SalTheBard posted:

I feel ETR's poo poo posting speaks for itself. Xiw I'm still going to watch you but like I think the evidence at this point is overwhelming ##vote ETR

So the claimed choice of Humalong to Jail makes no sense in the context of Sal's purported reads. If he really thought xiw was Secret Alliance, why not Jail him to try and prevent a kill?

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Mr. Steak posted:

i know somebody is going to answer something like "nothing's out of the question for you, steak" but contrary to popular belief i do have logic in my behaviors.
Counterpoint, in a recent game, Steak voluntarily and without pressure revealed himself as the third Mason in an Unconfirmed Masonry after the two other Mason's had been NKed' N1 and N2 and both flipped Town. He was immediately voted out as the Informed Minority Mason.

Highly illogical.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Here’a another reason Steak’s new claim makes no sense:
Imagine for the sake of argument that you were Town and suddenly had 3 Bodyguard Charges to publicly distribute. The only reason to lie and not just claim on D2 that the people you voted are protected, or claim nothing, would be to try to lure the NK onto your protection targets, with the aim of absorbing NKs, helping Town.

But your lie (posted early D2) was that your targets would be Watched (and your targets at that time were binus and Sal and you urged nobody to vote them.)
Problem is, a Watch would repel any NK from targeting them, not lure it.

So the internal logic of your admitted lie does not square with your new claim of “bodyguard charges”.

Would you like to spin a new tale?

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Also on other reason Me. Steak’s new lie is so dumb...
If his Bodyguard Charges story were true: “hey guys I just have one vote now but won’t demonstrate it because I am so noble and respectful to the mod and the reason I lost those two other votes is that, get this TWO Separate Nightkills (corresponding to my extravotes) decided to target people who I claimed to be Watching!

Because supposedly there are two additional Nightkills last night and they love risking being caught by a Watcher?

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

SalTheBard posted:

Lumpen... Let's play content game! Maybe it will get the thread moving!
There's plenty of evidence to analyze and judge at this point, Content Game is for D1.

Now is the time for each player to reread, consider the known facts, flips, votes, and claims, and create a List ranking every player. Take stances and make cases.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Day3 LumpenList

Anyone else who is Town, I challenge you to do this. You will notice things you missed as you re-read and consider enough to rank. Patterns will emerge.
Secret Alliance can try it, I dare you to paint yourself into a corner and get caught in your contradictions.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

b-minus1 posted:

That lumpen list is pretty great. The secret alliance consists of my top town reads and myself. Lol

I’m pretty sure the scum are in your somewhat suspicious and tentatively trustable sections
Be specific, make a list. I dare you. Then you've made your bed and have to lie in it when your "top town reads" flip Secret Alliance. If I'm wrong and my reads are bad, maybe you'll have the satisfaction of being more right than me, but it doesn't count unless you put it on the record.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
A recap. Bolds and sirens added by me.

Mr. Steak posted:

ok whatever i'll just say it. my extravotes are watches and im going to be putting them on players i think are TOWN.

the results will be combined into a single list, but even so, i think just the fact of :siren:revealing this will make scum less likely to attack the people i target, so its like a soft-doc in that regard. that's why im full-claiming it.
That was what Steak claimed D2. When his original claim should have told him who was the Messenger who visited me last night, he at first said:

Mr. Steak posted:

im not interested in confirming my ability right now. i got nothing useful last night.
And further (this is a Day 3 post!)

Mr. Steak posted:

the fact of the matter is i had an ability on 3 people (two other than myself), and nothing questionable appears to have happened to them or their results. im not going to elaborate on the details of my investigative ability until it bears fruit. lets just say i was fibbing slightly when i said its merely a watch.

let me do my thing again tonight, and i'm sure my strategy will bear fruit.

##vote steak

i havent decided the other target(s) yet, but i'm still going to put them on players i think are town
But then after 35 minutes and checking Discord... suddenly,

Mr. Steak posted:

i was entirely lying about my power being investigative in nature.

my upgrade power works as follows:

whoever i have a vote on when the day ends, a bodyguard effect is put on them. :siren:i was basically trying to bait scum into NKing me.

heres the catch though: once the effect is "spent", the vote dies and i dont get that particular extravote anymore. and if it happens a 3rd time then i'll die like a normal bodyguard.

heres the thing:

i lost 2 votes last night.
Content Game:
2 questions for everyone:
Do you believe that Steak is telling the truth now in his newest claim?
Do you believe he is Town?

My answers:
1. No. He is lying (again).
2. No, he is not Town.

Please answer and let's get the game moving along.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Leith Maclaine posted:

1) Steak is lying. It is too complex for anyone to game plan and work around. Too many moving pieces that are all conveniently making sure Steak can't be verified.

2) Steak is scum. Town wants to be clear. Scum obfuscate and get complex. See answer #1
So vote it!

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

charms posted:

If you're considering both of them to be scum, it'd make more sense as a townie to stay on SalTheBard instead of switching to Mr. Steak. If you're right and Sal flipped scum, it would pretty much confirm the jail targets on N1 and N2, as well as cast a ton of light on the D2 lynch, and deprive the Allies of a power role. Mr. Steak's power is useless now (unless there is someone who really needs to not die tonight), but that goes both ways, and I'm not sure what information we'd gain from a Steak scum flip but it probably wouldn't be as decisive as in Sal's case.
I’d be happy to vote any of my top suspects. Sal should have been voted out D2 and would have been I think if ETR didn’t modkill himself. The push on ETR to save Sal was terrible and there was never a case on him.

Charms, you’re talking about “Steak’s power” like you believe he’s telling the truth (which would suggest you think he’s Town), but then also talking about “information we’d gain from a Steak scum flip”. I find that... odd.
If he’s Secret Alliance then we have no idea about what his upgrade actually did or can still do. Maybe he can stack 3 votes on one person now if he wants to. He has refused to demonstrate that his extra votes don’t work. Maybe his extravotes D2 became 1-shot Poisons and hambeet and I will die tonight, and the talk about “extra kills prevented” is a smokescreen for the upcoming Poison deaths.

Unless you know something about Steak that I don’t...

So Charms, please answer the 2 Questions about Steak for the record while you’re around, and a full List from you would be awesome to see where you stand .

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Leith Maclaine posted:

I don't want to put Steak at -2 with 29 hours left.
Why not? Do you think this lively discussion might get cut off by a turbo-hard-bus?

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

charms posted:

I think Mr. Steak's claim is plausible.

Mr. Steak posted:

revealing this will make scum less likely to attack the people i target

Mr. Steak posted:

##vote steak i want to watch myself too

Mr. Steak posted:

i was basically trying to bait scum into NKing me.
I find your conclusion of plausibly implausible.

charms posted:

If he flipped scum but was also 100% telling the truth about his ability, it'd be much less valuable than if we lynched Sal and he turned up scum
This makes no sense to me at all. Sal claimed Jailer and his targets (me N1 and Humalong N2) have been corroborated (by me and RF for N1 and by Humalong N2) so flipping him Secret Alliance Jailer wouldn't give much info at all. Finding out what Steak's power really was would be much more valuable. You are defending Steak out of proportion with the evidence, I note.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Steak, would you make a List?

Present your best case on somebody else?

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Mr. Steak posted:

Lumpen posted:

Steak, would you make a List?
Present your best case on somebody else?
it wouldnt be nearly as helpful as the other things i've done. im pretty sure you'd agree that the reads of flipped town don't mean poo poo. especially compared to reads from a flipped scum. what's valuable here is the information i've provided being confirmed by my flip
Yes I want your List to use against your buddies.
But if you were Town, this response from you would be absolutely rotten. I have no idea about your "actual reads" because you've spent the game hiding behind fake voting crap. On D1 you argued against voting 2Penny, and on D2 you made up a lie so you could say you were voting for people you thought were Town. Now you're further excusing yourself from leaving behind any reads.

If you were Town, your reads and your votes *against* Secret Alliance are the source of your value. Not coming up with lies and clumsy gambits "to be helpful". You are not even faking being Town well, and you haven't at any point in the game. You are an easy catch.

So,

Mr. Steak posted:

if sal is scum tho, gently caress me because that'd make 2 scum that i argued against voting. lol

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
My action failed.

Also, note to Steak, never lie as Town. Also, I would be looking at your List and cases right now from the perspective of being able to trust you, if you had made them.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
##vote SalTheBard

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

SalTheBard posted:

Lumpen was your action successful?
Are you not reading? First post of the day:

Lumpen posted:

My action failed.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

SalTheBard posted:

I did not Uber jail (it's called Marshall Law)
Hmm ##unvote

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Why would Secret Alliance Sal pop the Superjail and then pretend not to have done it? I don't see the angle. I can't see any possible reason Town Sal would do it and then lie about it either though. And he would be busted as a liar if there's no Jail in future days.

Secret Alliance Sal might be motivated to do the Superjail to free him up to do kills on future nights without having to account for a missing Jail, but then there wouldn't be any reason to deny doing it.

Any other explanation seems really unlikely though, I just can't imagine a scenario where this would be a good play for Sal regardless of alignment. Doing it and lying seems like it would just be inconceivable and totally pointless as Town, but maybe clumsy or crafty for some reason I can't see, if Secret Alliance.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

xiw posted:

Hal: claims mason, confirmed by Lumpen D2 and Sal D3
Incorrect. I was never a Mason with Hal.

I was visited by someone calling themself "the messenger" on N2. They said they had visited AA on N1 and Hal on N2. (This was on N2 so maybe they meant N0 and N1??) They gave me a code word to identify them by which they haven't presented yet as far as I have seen. Hal confirmed also having been visited by the messenger.

Linguistically I guessed the messenger seemed like b-minus1, because they said "haha". However Binus now claimed to target me N3 which would seem to make him less likely the messenger. Or maybe he upgraded and has a reason to visit me again.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

SalTheBard posted:

You tracked me. I jailed Hum and he confirmed it in thread.
If CPig was tracked visited Humalong N2, it would mean that Humalong was not jailed, (otherwise CPig could not be tracked there) and Humalong received a Vig, but then lied and said he failed an attempt to visit hambeet. This would mean that Sal and Humalong are both Secret Alliance, Sal could have done a kill N2 and used Humalong's claim of being jailed as an alibi, and Humalong could use a claim of being jailed as an alibi for having the vig to use on N3.

That seems like it would be a very risky gambit though, counting on nobody else successfully visiting Humlong N2. I would have to look back and see the timing of the claims to see if they claimed about it after everyone else, when it would be safe.

It's most likely that Leith's claim is just additional evidence that Sal indeed jailed Humalong, but it pings me that Sal is really insistent for this conclusion to be accepted without considering the alternative. And also Sal's claimed target of Humalong made no sense from his D1 posting that suggested he was most suspicious of xiw, and that he told Hal in Masonchat that he picked Humalong with "rng". He then said he lied about that but why would that be something to lie about?

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
I believe hambeet's claim and it fits the evidence. I think CPig got his own Vig back N1, then went fishing for his upgrade, then tried to kill me N2.

Xiw's initial case seemed like a stretch to me but probably sincere, and now he seems tunneled. Binus' vote looks highly opportunistic to me.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Leith Maclaine posted:

Making sure this is the right thread this time.

Idea, and this idea may suck but I do not have much else to contribute with my lack of information.

There were probably 4 scum originally, minus penny, means 3 left.

Can we make a list of 3-4 players that we are pretty sure are town to concentrate on the ones that are left?
Leith, hambeet, Hal, Charms.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Day 4 LumpenList

I think hambeet is Town and I don't like the push on him. Xiw and b-minus1 could be collaborating, but Xiw's case seems sincere but mistaken, and I suspect b-minus1 is pushing an opportunistic bandwagon on it while Sal and Humalong quietly hang back.

I really doubt that there is a Lightning Rod or a Nexus or a Gravedigger, I think it's much more likely Sal is a lying Secret Alliance and used his MegaJail last night. I don't know why he would posture with a vote on Xiw, and I don't see the angle in even using the MegaJail as Secret Alliance, but I think if there was a Town who was responsible they would claim it. I would think that Sal would openly claim it as Secret Alliance for Townie cred, but I guess that's WIFOM.
##vote Sal

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

SalTheBard posted:

Lumpen, what happened to this post? How did it go from this to your current vote?
You do not seem to be actually reading the posts. Which doesn't surprise me. But okay, please break it down and explain the issue you see.

b-minus1 posted:

Sal is 100% town.

You know what? ##vote lumpen there’s no way he can be this dense.
Yes, you've said several times you won't vote Sal, but never offered a justification for that. I think I am onto something.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Hal, is Sal still "screaming Town" to you after the last couple posts?

Leith, will you put down a vote? I would join you on b-minus1 or you can join me on Sale. I think RF is Town.

Deadline is in less than 9 hours. I think everyone should lay out their top 3 and put a vote down to avoid a deadline muddle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Votecount for Day 4

b-minus1 (1): hambeet
Retro Futurist (1): Hal Incandenza
xiw (1): SalTheBard
hambeet (1): xiw, b-minus1, b-minus1
Lumpen (1): b-minus1
SalTheBard (1): Lumpen, Lumpen, Lumpen

Not Voting (4): charms, Leith Maclaine, Mr. Humalong, Retro Futurist

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 04th, 2020 at 8 p.m. CST -- that's in about 8 hours, 41 minutes.

The current day's mod post count is: 2