Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

quote:

One proposed schedule showed NASCAR restarting at Darlington Raceway in South Carolina on March 17

I will be impressed and deeply concerned that Brian France has access to time travel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

shame on an IGA posted:

I will be impressed and deeply concerned that Brian France has access to time travel

Couldn't be Brian. Two races at Darlington is too good an idea.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Wow what a concept, drop a second mile and a half date for an actual good track! Watch them ditch a road course instead or something insane.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 16 days!)

man I was hoping for Myrtle Beach

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Peanut President posted:

man I was hoping for Myrtle Beach

LMAO me too.

Does Myrtle beach have big enough pits for stops and 40 cars?

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I think they need an inaugrial event @ North Wilkesboro with nascar crew.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Y'all know Myrtle Beach is under contract pending a zoning change and all-but certain to be demo'd right?

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

shame on an IGA posted:

Y'all know Myrtle Beach is under contract pending a zoning change and all-but certain to be demo'd right?

yeah so is laguna seca, I can still want a nascar race there

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

shame on an IGA posted:

Brian destroying the space-time continuum trying to undo his DUI explains everything

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

i'm confident he would have been attempting to stop JJ getting some of those championships before his DUI

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Ryan Newman announced the plan is to be back in the 6 as soon as whatever the first race back is (still rumored to be Darlington 5/17).

That's roughly three months after the wreck. :stare:

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home

CBJSprague24 posted:

Ryan Newman announced the plan is to be back in the 6 as soon as whatever the first race back is (still rumored to be Darlington 5/17).

That's roughly three months after the wreck. :stare:

I'm thinking all that means is that a lot of the stuff they kept him in the hospital for, and out of the car for, was mostly precautionary and wait and see type stuff just to make for sure, sure that his head wasn't a scrambled egg inside. I mean he walked out like what, 2 days, 3 days later?

I wonder if Chastain gets to keep the 6 for iRacing? Race today wasn't that bad actually. It was an improvement, I think, to have Gordon and Bowyer in the race. It was entertaining to hear them talking to each other while in the pack.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Kenseth to replace Larson. Dang, chip.

SwampYankee
Mar 7, 2007

By the grace of God and 600 horsepower

Cygni posted:

Definitely did not see that one coming

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Cygni posted:

Well this is a loving nightmare

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
Savvy move. Replace the young and promising driver with tons of potential with literally the most boring driver ever.

Edit: I'm not in any way saying Larson didn't screw the pooch royally but this kind of thing is a big part of where we end up with Sponsorbot in the 48 and very little actual driver personality. Bowyer and Blaney are the last two guys with any kind of charisma and even it is usually pretty sanitized and safe.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i would think larson's whole thing is exactly why you'd want to bring in an established guy who won't do something stupid

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
I like Kenseth, I find him ... acceptable? :shrug:

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

mischief posted:

Savvy move. Replace the young and promising driver with tons of potential with literally the most boring driver ever.

Edit: I'm not in any way saying Larson didn't screw the pooch royally but this kind of thing is a big part of where we end up with Sponsorbot in the 48 and very little actual driver personality. Bowyer and Blaney are the last two guys with any kind of charisma and even it is usually pretty sanitized and safe.

its really weird because they're still doing iracing right? just let some rando like this guy I see on twitter named Steve Boyland drive its not like he's tearing up actual equipment

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I get the feeling this may have to do with sponsor bux much like when they put Gordon in the 88 initially after Dale Jr got hurt instead of Alex Bowman.

"We're paying you lots of money and your young star driver said the biggest no-no word so why yes, we'll take the former series champion and probable HOFer until at least the end of the year and not Ross Chastain, thanks."

Related, Carl Edwards was Ganassi's first pick, but turned it down.

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

It's absolutely all about keeping the sponsors happy. The last promising young talent they signed on with just pissed it all away by dropping a racial slur. As much as I'd prefer to see Hill or Cassill or Chastain in the 42, keeping the #42 sponsors from jumping ship is top priority right now. Kenseth's a safe choice. Not the most interesting, or fun choice, but safe.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

CBJSprague24 posted:

Related, Carl Edwards was Ganassi's first pick, but turned it down.

Good on him. I never was a massive Edwards fan but his decision to just sail off into the sunset is cool.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Gotta suck to lose your ride for being a piece of poo poo in a video game.

dennyk
Jan 2, 2005

Cheese-Buyer's Remorse

CactusWeasle posted:

I like Kenseth, I find him ... acceptable? :shrug:

Well, of course; Matt Kenseth is specifically programmed to be acceptable.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

mischief posted:

Bowyer and Blaney are the last two guys with any kind of charisma and even it is usually pretty sanitized and safe.
Yes, but Bowyers personality is fake as gently caress.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

He's kinda like a hammed up parody of his actual self now, like Michael Waltrip but less annoying.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Like Michael Waltrip, but more MAGA-cringeworthy.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

My opinion on Mikey changed a lot after he was on Jr's podcast but his TV persona is still godawful.

His brother is alright too when he's not doing his TV hillbilly minstrel show.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is

big nipples big life posted:

My opinion on Mikey changed a lot after he was on Jr's podcast but his TV persona is still godawful.

His brother is alright too when he's not doing his TV hillbilly minstrel show.

I watched one of DW's very first TV broadcasts for a FOX ARCA race, and he was outstanding. Of course FOX turned him into a caricature

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES

Boomer The Cannon posted:

Like Michael Waltrip, but more MAGA-cringeworthy.
No wonder they picked him to host a show on Barstool.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

The Waltrip's are turned up to 12 all the time on FOX but I would be genuinely excited to meet/talk to them as they're treasure troves of racing knowledge, history and by all accounts really nice guys. Bowyer seems like a 40 year old frat boy who is constantly on the verge of saying something VERY not acceptable.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

maffew buildings posted:

and by all accounts really nice guys

RIP Leica

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Come back to discord pnut I miss your sense of humor :ohdear:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Rumors are really picking up steam that Darlington will host races on May 17th and 20th, then races at Charlotte on May 24th and 27th, to be followed by a race at Martinsville to restart the season.

CactusWeasle posted:

I watched one of DW's very first TV broadcasts for a FOX ARCA race, and he was outstanding. Of course FOX turned him into a caricature

Dale Jr's podcast with Mikey was eye-opening. I listened to it on the way to the truck race at Eldora last year and he basically said he was trying to create the version of himself he thought other people would like rather than being himself. He also said he probably should have sought therapy after Senior was killed, but didn't.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Apr 29, 2020

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Would these races be just Cup series? Because I don't know where the money is gonna come from for sponsoring a full field of Xfinity or trucks.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

skaboomizzy posted:

Would these races be just Cup series? Because I don't know where the money is gonna come from for sponsoring a full field of Xfinity or trucks.

Its just Kyle Busch doing laps until he wins in those races.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Elephanthead posted:

Its just Kyle Busch doing laps until he wins in those races.

Just Busch vs ruch(?) for eternity.

I'd say decker but she's too busy wrecking everyone in street stocks in iracing to be a concern to anyone.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

NASCAR 2020: The Tim Richmond Testing Tribute Tour

SwampYankee
Mar 7, 2007

By the grace of God and 600 horsepower

CBJSprague24 posted:

Rumors are really picking up steam that Darlington will host races on May 17th and 20th, then races at Charlotte on May 24th and 27th, to be followed by a race at Martinsville to restart the season.

Those rumors were confirmed today (at least the Darlington and Charlotte races):
https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2020/04/30/nascar-announces-revised-may-schedule-as-racing-returns-beginning-at-darlington-raceway

information on how they're going to do social distancing and other FAQ's are here:
https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2020/04/30/faq-for-nascars-2020-return-to-racing-after-covid-19-outbreak/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

NASCAR 2020: *chuckles* I'm in danger.