Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/A_S12/status/1311044490560450566

Texas and IMS have announcements tomorrow. Multiple sources (including Gluck) say the Bristol spring race next year will be on dirt.

You're potentially looking at the Glen, Sonoma, Roval, Road Atlanta, Road America, COTA, and maybe the Texas and IMS road courses? That might be too many.

TL;DR- I'm hoping the best but conditioned to NASCAR finding a way to dickstep.

E- and Chicagoland already had its last race and nobody knew it. :lol:

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Sep 30, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

CBJSprague24 posted:

You're potentially looking at the Glen, Sonoma, Roval, Road Atlanta, Road America, COTA, and maybe the Texas and IMS road courses? That might be too many.

I'd rather see too many than none. Let 'em overdo it next year and course correct after that. I'll be watching the gently caress out of all of it.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Loving that Kentucky tried so hard to make the race better that it probably torpedoed any shot they had.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

kansas roval when

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Chicago built not 1 but 2 speedway sized ovals like 20 years ago and now they're both dead lmao

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

hunnert car pileup posted:

Chicago built not 1 but 2 speedway sized ovals like 20 years ago and now they're both dead lmao

it was all worth it for that one time the giant tropicana orange got loose

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
This is the kind of drastic change up a healthy and totally not staring-down-the-barrel-of-irrelevancy racing series would do.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

https://twitter.com/Jordan_Bianchi/status/1311170890814685185

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.
Wow, dropping the Indianapolis oval after 27 years. My dad started taking me in 1994, and I know he hates the road courses. He will not take this well lol

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
On the other hand, this will get me back to IMS for a cup race. I haven’t been to the brickyard 400 in forever, because gently caress sitting in the sun for a guaranteed lovely race.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Jesus short of returning to Rockingham thats as good as we could hope for.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
Oh boy a Pocono double header.

Schedule looks intriguing, snark aside.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I can dig it.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I saw Darlington May 5th and briefly thought my fears of a screw up were confirmed until I saw they were back to the days of having spring and a fall race there, which I'm totally on board with. The schedule isn't drastically different, yet big changes were made. I like it.

By my count, the adds are Road America, Atlanta oval, IMS roval, COTA, Darlington, Wrong Nashville?

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Maybe the most important detail so far:

https://twitter.com/odsteve/status/1311315841955233793?s=19

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

That schedule loving sucks
All Star Race in Fort Worth in June
Bristol with dirt as opposed to an actual dirt track
Circuit of the Americas is loving terrible
Indianapolis Road Course is probably the worst roval in america (and yes im including Homestead and KC)
Atlanta gets another race but its in the middle of summer
Nashville SS is the worst cookie cutter in the rotation
Daytona RC is off the schedule
Only 2 good changes is RA and The Rebel 500

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is

Peanut President posted:

That schedule loving sucks
All Star Race in Fort Worth in June
Bristol with dirt as opposed to an actual dirt track
Circuit of the Americas is loving terrible
Indianapolis Road Course is probably the worst roval in america (and yes im including Homestead and KC)
Atlanta gets another race but its in the middle of summer
Nashville SS is the worst cookie cutter in the rotation
Daytona RC is off the schedule
Only 2 good changes is RA and The Rebel 500

I would like to go on record as agreeing with pnut

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Different awful is still different

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

GD_American posted:

Different awful is still different

You could say it's still Something Awful

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I think it's good*

*not the Bristol thing tho

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

also here's this

https://twitter.com/JennaFryer/status/1311346753283686400

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

wow saying the n word on twitch a hot ticket to one of the most famous numbers in the sport.

pewdiepie to the car larson doesn't get.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

big nipples big life posted:

wow saying the n word on twitch a hot ticket to one of the most famous numbers in the sport.

pewdiepie to the car larson doesn't get.

I suggested in Discord giving Jimmie the 48 number for whatever limited schedule he runs and changing the existing 48 to 5 or 25. Someone suggested 25 had a mediocre history and would have been a bad thing had Bubba been put in the car, so maybe we give it to Larson?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I think that would be a good idea.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Larson getting the 88 would be slightly more problematic in his case

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Nybble posted:

Larson getting the 88 would be slightly more problematic in his case

Not for most fans on facebook and twitter.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

algebra testes posted:

Jesus short of returning to Rockingham thats as good as we could hope for.

BRING BACK RIVERSIDE

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.
Man, gently caress Kyle Larson. Every since he forgot he was streaming and let loose a gamer word, dude has been turned into an icon for dumb racists by his fanbase. That kind of poo poo shouldn't have any place in national level sports anymore. Any ride he manages to get with a top level team is one a more deserving up and coming driver is being denied.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

https://twitter.com/TonyStewart/status/1311426363954475008

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

And a chicken strip basket. Smoke really is the greatest.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

Is there anything to this or is it just conjecture?

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

chamois posted:

Is there anything to this or is it just conjecture?

https://twitter.com/JennaFryer/status/1311345834425016325

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
I was looking for some pictures to show my boss and came across this in one of my folders, a reminder of one of this thread’s greatest moments. The sticker was on the broadcast for all of three seconds before they never showed his onboard again because it was unapproved.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

rip spunky gulliver

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

These are all plausible. Jones could help the 37 team, Briscoe to the 14 makes sense, Larson to the 48/88 makes Hendrick a heel stable, :rip: Preece (though McDowell has had them in the top 20 on speed this year, so maybe not?). Spire will be interesting to see if they actually try to become a competitive team (as Jeff Dickerson indicated on DJD) or if they're really just Charter squatting.

e- I don't know who this is:
https://twitter.com/SRXracing/status/1311697493567172614

...maybe he's Chase Elliott's Dad or something.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Oct 1, 2020

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

So SRX is like a seniors league?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

rascal racing league

dennyk
Jan 2, 2005

Cheese-Buyer's Remorse

chamois posted:

So SRX is like a seniors league?

Those never seem to go well. Didn't the last such attempt almost kill Larry Pearson at Bristol a few years back?

Also, who remembers that crazy series back in the early 90s on ESPN where a bunch of retired race car drivers kept destroying a bunch of million dollar Jags every night over at IRP?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

dennyk posted:

Also, who remembers that crazy series back in the early 90s on ESPN where a bunch of retired race car drivers kept destroying a bunch of million dollar Jags every night over at IRP?

FastMasters, baby!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ibg3lTfvDAU