Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

THERE WILL BE ACTIVITY AT DAYTONA FOURTH OF JULY WEEKEND NEXT YEAR! :eng101:

https://twitter.com/A_S12/status/1228703033032413184

...god loving damnit. :eng99:

https://twitter.com/DISupdates/status/1228704412367032321

DIS Hype Videos: now with misspelled words! :tif:

Full disclosure, I don't hate the event/that it's soccer, I hate the date. I like the concept and if they put this any other open date during the year (e- like the Country festival they had on Memorial Day weekend), I'd be totally on board, it just sucks that this seemingly slams the window shut on possibly returning the 400 to that weekend in 2021 with the massive schedule rebuild. (There was a rumor around the time Penske bought IMS that the Brickyard would only run on the 4th once.)

The date choice reminds me of California losing Labor Day and NASCAR moving that date to Atlanta for a few years when Darlington was right there.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Feb 15, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Uh.

https://twitter.com/BarrVisuals/status/1228716726055030784

:stonklol:

https://twitter.com/Knighter01/status/1228718870107742208

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.
There goes half the people I was interested in watching race today, goddamn.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Someone's hood just literally disintegrated and also knocked the roof hatch open

https://twitter.com/vincentjbruins/status/1228773561348841472?s=21

shyduck fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Feb 15, 2020

Aardvark Barber
Sep 7, 2007

Delivery in less than two minutes or your money back!

shyduck posted:

Someone's hood just literally disintegrated and also knocked the roof hatch open

https://twitter.com/vincentjbruins/status/1228773561348841472?s=21

It was the repairablevehicles.com car as well.

SpitztheGreat
Jul 20, 2005
Dusting off the ol' forum.

Someone remind me, are we getting new pit rules this year? I feel like I remember some sort of insane new rules for tires and poo poo.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

This is 100% because he is too out of shape to do any meaningful walking anywhere

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 11 days!)

SpitztheGreat posted:

Dusting off the ol' forum.

Someone remind me, are we getting new pit rules this year? I feel like I remember some sort of insane new rules for tires and poo poo.

they're testing new pit crew rules at a couple gn and truck races. can't fuel and tires at the same time or some such, can only have 5 men over the wall, idr the rest

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
How dumb was that drone camera? It was never in position to show anything at the right time, much like Fox broadcasts in general

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Pinecone Sample posted:

How dumb was that drone camera? It was never in position to show anything at the right time, much like Fox broadcasts in general

don't care, no boogity

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I am ready for some football NASCAR

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I’d love to watch that fat gently caress try to get in one of the cars

Outlaw Mailman
Jul 1, 2007
Two kinds of crazy
Watching a replay of the Chili Bowl at least until the impeached racist is done with his bullshit

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i'm watching anime til the race actually starts :cool:

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Lol Jesus, as if Darrell Waltrip didn’t suck enough

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
this is awful

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Been a few years since I watched NASCAR. Talked myself into getting excited to watch it and then.....this.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Mahoning posted:

Been a few years since I watched NASCAR. Talked myself into getting excited to watch it and then.....this.

Marketing!

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Nothing will scream “don’t start watching NASCAR again!” to you like a long rear end delay featuring Donald loving Trump.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

Mahoning posted:

Nothing will scream “don’t start watching NASCAR again!” to you like a long rear end delay featuring Donald loving Trump.

I thought I escaped Trump turning it on twenty minutes late and now I'm sitting through this bootlicking by drivers I'm coming to all hate

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Pinecone Sample posted:

I thought I escaped Trump turning it on twenty minutes late and now I'm sitting through this bootlicking by drivers I'm coming to all hate

shocked that a bunch of race car drivers who were born on third base are racist fucks

sum
Nov 15, 2010

It's so weird to me that the NASCAR pre-race has basically turned into a Trump rally (even the ones he's not at) considering that the fans are like 2% more conservative than college football fans and considerably less politically engaged

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
NASCAR has been actively pushing socially conservative culture since the around the time of Bush II. This isn’t new. It’s always been more overtly political than the FIA/Japanese/Indycar is.

Not defending the FIA however - they raced in Apartheid South Africa until 1985(!) and historically turned a blind eye to repression.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Eh, it's Nascar. No matter what storylines or whatever they try to do. Deep down, you just have to accept it's a redneck republican series. Not gonna have Bernie there waving a flag.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

I booed John Ashcroft at a race once and some guy next to me told me that I was disrespecting our troops but that was it.

I feel like booing Trump would be markedly less tolerated in NASCAR culture today.

Real nice of the president to show love for the great American race by having everyone held up at security and all that and push back the start of the race 20 minutes such that we're sitting here watching nothing. Definitely great for the publicity of NASCAR to start the season with a rain delay.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i turned on the race when they were about to go green and i never took it off mute you just gotta know your nascar hacks

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
My digital dash lights up tromp!

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

Can I bet whether it's official today? They're not racing more than an hour.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
racin'.......

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.
welp

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Raining in Florida, "It's been a weird day of weather!"

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

Everything he touches dies. This is like when Bama lost to LSU at home except not fun.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Pinecone Sample posted:

Everything he touches dies. This is like when Bama lost to LSU at home except not fun.

I'm an hour away from the track and it's been dry all day so I can confirm this is true.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

My dad just got in the house I guess and he called me raving mad to ask why Darrell Waltrip is back after all LMAO

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.
Wtf I just cut the race on and it's the 2019 Daytona 500.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Rip Testes posted:

Wtf I just cut the race on and it's the 2019 Daytona 500.

rain

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

This is an exercise in futility, they're uncovering the cars while losing the backstretch. I don't see a point in starting after 9, and it is going to take 2 hours to dry the track in the dark.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

:siren: RAIN DELAY THEATER :siren:

https://cytu.be/r/SASCARWinterHeat

To kill time, I was planning on running the 2012 Daytona 500 "The Day" documentary, but there's word car covers are coming off. So, right now, I'm running randomness which is saved in the playlist. When we get to the inevitable next rain delay, I'm planning on running that and maybe a 1996 late model race from Nashville.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

It's pouring again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

POSTPONED

https://twitter.com/jim_utter/status/1229190774165835776?s=19

Imagine a 1:10 pm green flag (that they could have moved up to noon, even) and had an official race by the time Trump took off

But no, they thought these 3 pm starts were good for ratings. In reality, are Monday afternoon TV ratings better or worse?