Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

I'm not a regular NASCAR fan (watched it some when I was a kid and I'll watch the occasional gif on Twitter), so I'm asking this sincerely: what are the signs here that this crash is worse than average? I feel like every NASCAR crash gif I've ever seen looks absolutely horrific to the same degree as this. Is it being airborne, or part of the trunk being ripped off signalling the intensity of the initial impact?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

Banzai 3 posted:

To me, it’s the way the driver’s side window is collapsed. No matter the intensity of a wreck I’ve seen, that normally stays structurally intact. It’s not meant to be hit on the top part, precisely where it was in this case.

Zeta Acosta posted:

the roll cage in the drivers side is bent to hell and back

Ah! That makes total sense. Thank you!

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

Kirios posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaUdY8clZsw

loving WHAT. How have I never heard of this?!

I thought I was desensitized to this kind of poo poo but I just watched that clip and literally screamed JESUS CHRIST at that loving impact