Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 11 days!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liUSeI_5LUw

WELL YEEHAW "Y'ALL" IT'S TIME FOR NASCAR, THE SOUTH'S GREATEST EXPORT AFTER COCA COLA AND THE REBEL FLAG

2020 Schedule had a few changes
Now instead of Daytona>Atlanta>West Coast Swing it goes straight from Florida to Vegas with The Atlanta 500 moving to after Phoenix (Spring) leading into
HOMESTEAD now no longer the finale gets a who gives a poo poo race in mid march right during the middle of march madness lmao
Martinsville is moving to Mother's Day Weekend with a new night race
Kansas, which was Mother's Day gets kicked down to May 31, the week after Memorial Day
Pocono is losing its second date and instead will run both races on the same weekend of June 27/28 :bigwhat:. Instead of 2 500 mile affairs it'll be 1 325 and 1 350 race respectively. They're also hosting a GN race and a Truck race that weekend so it's gonna be a total clusterfuck especially if it rains
The Firecracker 400 is punted out of the Fourth of July slot it's held since 19 loving 59 so they can give it to the Brickyard, a loving shithole track in a shithole town
Firecracker instead will be held as the last race before the playoffs :laffo: on August 29th
Lotta deck chair moving within the playoffs blah blah
Phoenix 2 is now the championship race, hey it made homestead a popular track (lie) so I'm sure it'll do wonders for the worst track in the series
Only other change is a 2 week break after Loudon in July for the Olympics because NBC knows where the real money is and it ain't fuckin Michigan Speedway

Driver changes:
Rookies:
#00 Quin Houff (StarCom)
#8 Tyler Reddick (Childress)
#15 Brennan Poole (Premium)
#38 JH Nemechek (Front Row)
#41 Cole Custer (Stewart-Haas)
#95 Christopher Bell (Leavine Family)

Retirees:
David Ragan
Paul Menard
Matt Tifft

Transfers:
Daniel Suarez (Stewart-Haas > Trashcan or down a level maybe :rip: )
Barstool Sports' Matt DiBenedetto (Leavine Family > Wood Bros)
Ricky Stenhouse Jr (Roush > JTG)
Daniel Hemric (Childress > back to baby cars)
Chris Buescher (JTG > Roush)

Other stuff:
Wiki only lists 14 full time truck teams :popeye:
Indycar driver James Davison is running the Daytona 500 with an Indycar and USAC teams teamup
The Cup Series will not have a sponsor "on purpose" for the first time in decades
NASCAR has banned CBD sponsorships because of "media partners"
HOWEVER!! NASCAR has lifted bans on sponsors that compete with "official nascar partners" so time to bring back the cingular wireless car baby

Alright that's all! Raise Hell Praise Dale, congrats to ROWDY for winning another cup, RIP Jimmie Johnson and his son Junior Johnson, off in that SODA Truck Heaven :angel:

here's a pic of terry labonte

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

nascar sucks :siren:

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Norns posted:

Much like your posting

thanks for the personal attack bernie bro

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Yeah I was surprised about the Davison thing too. Running a car prepared by Johnathan Byrd's Indycar team and The Haywards' sprint car team, as part of a deal that'll see him run the Indy 500 and some sprint car races.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

ThePopeOfFun posted:

I guess I dont get why 5 & 24 were championship contenders. They're the same car, right?

Or do you say 5 and imply the driver as well?

They're not the same car. Teams have like 6 or 7 cars for each driver, usually set up for the different style tracks (for example most cars are built to pull to the left but you don't want that at road courses where you turn left and right). Usually the cars are set up by the crew chief for each individual entry. So the setup for the 25 could be worse than the setup for the 24.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Hmm, I'm not too up to date on the rules, but I am pretty sure this is probably not too safe for Daytona.

it's fine he won't qualify anyway

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

algebra testes posted:

Another year, another missed opportunity to cull some dull 1.5 mile tracks for THE ROCK and another Darlington Race.

There's some deal they made with the track owners to keep the schedule locked down that runs out this year. They've been hinting they really want to change things for next season. (i can't wait for the big change to be Indy gets 2 dates or something)

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

the first audio is from the wreck that spawned JIMMIE JOHNSON SHOULD BE FUCKIN SHAWT which would fit better, imo

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

hunnert car pileup posted:

gimme Bull Run Raceway or gimme death

hell yes

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Bull Run is a great big road course, The Pits used to organize (iirc) an endurance race there every year that included driver swaps and special skins to make the cars look like touring cars.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

CBJSprague24 posted:

I can't believe I'm sympathizing with a member of the Smith family. The MLS NASCAR-style fall from grace once people stop caring about soccer again will be interesting, too.

I hate to break it to you but idk if that's gonna happen

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

I'm real glad that Brad Keselowski being a bad driver has cost Suarez his shot. Good work all around.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

SpitztheGreat posted:

Dusting off the ol' forum.

Someone remind me, are we getting new pit rules this year? I feel like I remember some sort of insane new rules for tires and poo poo.

they're testing new pit crew rules at a couple gn and truck races. can't fuel and tires at the same time or some such, can only have 5 men over the wall, idr the rest

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Probably Jimmy Horton at Talladega. Dude walked away pretty much unhurt

that was a rare crash that looked horrific but was funny in the end. loving car flips over the wall and the first responder is a guy without a shirt holding a beer going "y'all alright??"

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

can't wait for John Edward Burton Burton to lose a seat to Ace Richard Childress Dillon

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

as long as that guy ain't Austin Dillon

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

All racers are unlikable whitebread corporate fucks.

Just root for chaos. And whoever isn't Austin Dillon.

brave stance calling Daniel Suarez and Bubba Wallace white

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Maybe in the sequel they can have Indiana Sprint Week and MY LOCAL TRACK will finally be in a video game

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

to prevent wobbling maybe?

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

parody is counted under first amendment, all he can do is get the guy kicked off twitter

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

hmm I wonder if twitter user DRUNK BRIAN FRANCE is actually brian j france

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Off the top of my head:
-Road America (which has a chicane before the kink for bikes)
-Indy (which goes the opposite direction of the Indy/Xfinity track and also has a separate bike loop)
-Daytona (only for the Daytona 200, which used to be a bfd but is now basically a club race since the big bikes outgrew it and began shredding tires on the banking)
-Mosport (Not sure if the Pinty's guys still race there, but that track is horribly dangerous for bikes)

Mosport is a truck race
does Mid-Ohio (GN) have bike races?

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

be warned that the admin is a raging, petty, rear end in a top hat

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

cutting a dude's sponsorship over twitter with a donald trump gif? the social media dude at blue emu should blow his loving brains out, imo

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

nascar drivers have to be in peak physical condition

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

I would like to take this time to say that Kyle Busch is now the better Kyle. :smug:

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

big nipples big life posted:

He was the better Kyle when Larson went all why football man don't stand but truly he's always been the best Kyle.

this is now an official Kyle Busch fan zone.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGNl9LEJSME

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

as the page loaded my eyes merged "Sioux City" and "Dirt Track" as "poo poo track"

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

man I was hoping for Myrtle Beach

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

shame on an IGA posted:

Y'all know Myrtle Beach is under contract pending a zoning change and all-but certain to be demo'd right?

yeah so is laguna seca, I can still want a nascar race there

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

mischief posted:

Savvy move. Replace the young and promising driver with tons of potential with literally the most boring driver ever.

Edit: I'm not in any way saying Larson didn't screw the pooch royally but this kind of thing is a big part of where we end up with Sponsorbot in the 48 and very little actual driver personality. Bowyer and Blaney are the last two guys with any kind of charisma and even it is usually pretty sanitized and safe.

its really weird because they're still doing iracing right? just let some rando like this guy I see on twitter named Steve Boyland drive its not like he's tearing up actual equipment

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Elitist Bitch posted:

Come back to discord pnut I miss your sense of humor :ohdear:

pretty bold of you to post this right after I got a 3 day probation

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

sure the thunderbird and monte carlo are cool but WHERE THE gently caress IS THE LEBARON

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

I keep trying to tell you guys

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

I see the 600 is a never ending whirlwind of excitement just like every year

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

gently caress NASCAR

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Dover owns Nashville SS, that's why. It's the same way SMI tracks will switch dates all the time.

edit: Dover Downs Motorsports Inc or whatever the gently caress, they own Gateway and Memphis too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

oh Dover Downs sold Memphis and Gateway so they literally just own Dover and Nashville SS. Whatever the point is: gently caress nascar and gently caress dover