Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
my cat sitting in my lap is paying more attention to the race than I am. there must be something about the colors of the cars because he's absolutely glued to the TV right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
my thoughts while watching the first race in a good long while:

-drat I just noticed the classic Ward Burton CAT scheme in the field, that thing owns
-do you think the guy racing the #3 feels a lot of pressure to live up to that number's legacy

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

big nipples big life posted:

think he should have sat on that burnout until newman was out of the car.

yeah what the gently caress

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

god watching that replay makes me feel absolutely sick. that slam while he was upside down was brutal. really really really really hope he's alright

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

Things are starting to happen on the Press Pass stream

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

holy gently caress what's up with the track limits at Phoenix, cars are just like gently caress it I'll dive across the apron if I have to on a restart, gently caress a yellow line

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

Hermann Tilke can blow it out his loving dickhole imo. Lazy rear end cookie cutter design

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

ah yes, when I hear "superspeedway", I think of a dinky rear end 1.33 mile oval

cool track I guess idk I like races at new/different venues

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

put the channel on a couple hours ago, went back to working, turned around and looked at the TV and saw them running pace laps. looks like we're gonna get a green flag today, thank god!

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

kidcoelacanth posted:

i refuse to recognize any interstate scheme that isn't this one

Agreed :colbert:

I miss Jeff Burton's Exide kit too :( I feel old as poo poo

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

CactusWeasle posted:

Life was literally better back then.

(Don't @ me)

the Cup Series sure was, that's for sure

anyway what's the deal with all the slowpokes? rough qualifying sessions at the track? couple guys were down a lap only a handful in. I think I heard something about failed inspections before the race? I would have thought Talladega would have no problem fielding lead-lap cars but I also don't know poo poo about NASCAR anymore

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

shyduck posted:

I think once you’ve experience a rainout at least once television’s opinion should just go to hell

Same airmass as yesterday = same convective potential = same timing for rain = oh hey it’s raining who could’ve guessed

I know the sport relies on the advertising but yeah I agree. If Fox doesn't want to air the poo poo at the reasonable and logical time for the event to occur, then gently caress 'em. Let people write angry letters and hatemail (and I bet a lot of NASCAR fans are part of demographic to still be writing letters to their local broadcaster)

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

that finish was very entertaining imo

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

so many crashes

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

kinda lookin' forward to the Daytona roval race. have they said whether they're running the 24-hour course as-is? imagine doing the road course but removing the back straight bus stop and letting it be full speed :evilbuddy:

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

algebra testes posted:

I mean, if they gently caress up there is plenty of run off right? Or are they worried someone will lock up and slide through into the track on the other side?

I don't think it's a runoff issue but I'm gonna be real interested in seeing how things go in the Cup race. I think there's gonna be a lot of broken rear fenders and bumpers in that area of the racetrack, especially without practice/qualifying. Going from full-speed down almost the entire length of the back stretch into a brake slammer is going to be fun. The Daytona bus stop is pretty wide though, maybe they won't have to brake as much as I anticipate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

another sunday, another race on the world's greatest oval, New Hampshire Motor Speedway :getin: