Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.

WindyMan posted:

NASCAR is dumb and gay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

sudo rm -rf posted:

so guys i’m thinking of getting into nascar

i watched a few race replays from 2019 and i enjoyed them

so now i feel like i should go to a race this year. how’s atlanta? whats the best race in the south worth going to?

Watch Xfinity races, the Firecracker 250 was dope.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Mad about Saurez. Mad about Trump. So mad bro.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Here's hoping for a rollover.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

There goes half the people I was interested in watching race today, goddamn.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

welp

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Drone cam is neat, sure, but mostly useless when everybody is going flat out around an oval.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Track limits are being enforced at Indycar's CoTA race this year:

https://racer.com/2019/12/30/indycar-tightens-cota-track-limits/

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Some dude in his 20's dropping n-bombs on video games all day every day for years finally gets caught on a stream, and is forced to face the consequences of his hateful actions.

What a time to be alive.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Drop it all in the trash, play this over a wins/crashes/fights reel imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zp8Sg7Kv8Q

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

lmao at the idiots melting down on social media about the drivers and crew wearing masks pre-race

Also the display is dots and rpms only I thought

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Xfinity has been consistently better than Cup so far.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

big nipples big life posted:

Seeing all the people like "nascar is against racism?!? I'm done with nascar!" on social media is both embarrassing and heartening as a nascar fan, more embarrassing though because I don't actually believe those people will leave.

Yeah the responses to the NASCAR Facebook posts regarding the current civil rights movement are loving unreal. A bunch of hateful, racist morons screaming about black on black crime and "thugs" rioting in the cities. People with Donald Trump set as their background image. Before all this went down people were calling Suarez "Daniel Diversity" openly, so it's not really a surprise to me that a large chunk of the fan base is trash.

A pic NASCAR posted to their official FB page of Bubba Wallace wearing an "I CAN'T BREATHE" BLM shirt has almost 4k angry emoji responses on it.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A941upNhi7Y&t=48s

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

CBJSprague24 posted:

I bought a Ryan Blaney Menards trucker cap last year from the tents at the Daytona Flea Market because I liked the look of the hat, but even then, it was overpriced. I had considered buying one of the uniform shirseys but it was like $35 and the only PPG shirt I could find was at the souvenir hauler for about the same price.

bigbillystyle posted:

Aside from it basically being impossible to have a single sponsor season now, I know the marketing guys think, more sponsors, more diecasts, shirts, hats, etc that people will buy because people will want the whole set but it has had the opposite effect on me. I just gave up on buying hats and shirts because the fronts of them are whatever the sponsor is and the name or number is hidden somewhere on the back or the side. Like I don't give a gently caress about Monster Energy but I would buy a black hat with a #1 on it with a small Monster logo tucked onto the side or the back. I don't even know what Axalta is and I'm supposed to wear a billboard for it because Bowman's name is hidden somewhere on it, or little 88 is on the back? I just gave up. I'm wearing the couple racing hats I have left until they are completely destroyed and that is probably it. At least stick and ball sports teams have the team logo on the front and not the title sponsor of the arena.

Many teams and drivers have their own online shops separate from NASCAR's own, if you're looking for different designs. It looks like a lot of NAME\NUMBER\sponsor type shirts are fairly easy to find. Hats are kind of the opposite though, yeah.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

drat near the Firecracker 250 all over again. I'm a big fan of Dinger and Chastain, but Haley's been doing some heavy lifting lately as well. Kaulig is quickly becoming my favorite team.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Ungratek posted:

The xfinity series has ARCA level drivers these days. There’s barely 10 guys who are even decent.

I feel like a lot of the best people moved up to cup from last year (Reddick, Custer, Bell, etc), but you've still got at least a third of the field right now in contention every race, which is pretty much standard in all the top level motorsports. Chastain, Gragson, Briscoe, and Cindric slugging it out every race is cool with me. With the volume of drivers in NASCAR's top three series, I think there's a larger number of obvious backmarkers, though. I've found the Xfinity series to be pretty good this season, and feel like the trucks are the least of the three in 2020 again. Crafton winning the championship without having won a race in two years was dumb as gently caress imo, and there's not many truck drivers that I like right now to make up for such a disappointment.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Chastain has been finishing well lately, I'm hoping he can join the rest of his team soon with a win.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

lmao bye bye thin blue line car

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Every time Kenseth appears on the screen I am reminded that Larson lost that seat by being a stereotypical shithead gamer and dropping an n-bomb on stream.

Then I think about all the rednecks on social media clamoring for his return, screaming about the confederate flag ban, and posting that they're done with NASCAR because it got too political.

lmao!

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

race winner bad

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

maybe it will be like F1 today and everyone's tires will blow with 3 laps remaining

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

chamois posted:

Bubba in the 42 next year is an interesting prospect

I'd lol. The way the rabid Larson fans have rallied against his consequences, screamed about banning the confederate flag, attacked NASCAR's support of BLM/Wallace, and just generally melt down and throw tantrums has made me hope Larson never makes it back to the cup series again. Wallace getting his ride in the end would be even better.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Another snoozer in the books.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

CBJSprague24 posted:

Speaking of privilege, Austin Dillon has the Rona.

Not bad for a silver spoon kid

lmao

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

jfc Kaulig

I wanna see Bamber or Lally win this lol

lmao just noticed the #StandfortheFlag car. Aaaand dinger ran em both off the road lol

Reynold fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Aug 16, 2020

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Cindric loving crushing it all summer. Top 5 for Lally, Dinger flexed a bit as well, race good.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Well that was another disappointing Xfinity finish. Hamlin just couldn't hold it together and ruined both his and Chastain's chance at the win there at the end. Jones is cool tho.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Wow, dropping the Indianapolis oval after 27 years. My dad started taking me in 1994, and I know he hates the road courses. He will not take this well lol

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Man, gently caress Kyle Larson. Every since he forgot he was streaming and let loose a gamer word, dude has been turned into an icon for dumb racists by his fanbase. That kind of poo poo shouldn't have any place in national level sports anymore. Any ride he manages to get with a top level team is one a more deserving up and coming driver is being denied.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

lmao Larson issues an apology in which he manages to blame foreigners for teaching him the N-word.

https://racer.com/2020/10/05/i-will-not-stop-listening-and-learning-but-for-now-its-about-action-larson/

Again, gently caress this fuckin guy.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Xfinity is way more entertaining than cup, usually. Both series have their dominant drivers this year, with Briscoe/Cindric and Harvick/Hamlin standing out, but the racing itself is just more fun to watch in the lower rank.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

maffew buildings posted:

I'm conflicted on Deegan because I want more women in racing and doing well and am hoping her pro Trump COVID is a hoax views are a by-product of being raised by a motocross guy (which 98% of the time means total loving idiot) but flipside Trump people are so, so, so loving racist and hate filled that kid may not be coming back from that world of thinking

Same. She's just a teenager tho, so she's got another few years of saying the dumbest poo poo imaginable yet to go I imagine.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Cygni posted:

Today is a great day if you enjoy arguing online with NASCAR fans named Tyler whose avatar online is a selfie in a truck with sunglasses on and a goatee and/or a dog.

I was just wondering why they all have dog avatars now, struck me as odd.

And for some reason it's not enough that their favorite gamer word dropping driver recovered from being fired and having his sponsors drop him by signing with a top level team, they have to use the same post both to celebrate his return AND to belittle the only black driver at the same time. You know, in case you had any doubts.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

mischief posted:

You can have consequences without ruining your life. It's called growing up.

Noted child who made an oopsie, Kyle Larson

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Whoever said a Kyle Larson "redemption" story would play well with the confederate flag flying crowd hit the nail on the head. I don't think NASCAR is prepared to dump it's far-right fanbase quite yet, and bringing Larson back in is a foolish attempt to appease that group. I say it's foolish because nothing pleases these people, except maybe the few minutes of yellow after the black guy crashes that they can drunkenly hoot and holler through.

NASCAR has been bleeding sponsors and fans for quite some time, we all see that. They got the series up and running again through COVID-19 when no other major sports were able to do so, and through that had a chance to broaden their appeal while the spotlight was on. They banned symbols of hate, diversified the broadcast team, stood behind Wallace when it appeared he was being targeted, etc. I don't think they can keep the gains from all that by apologizing to the dwindling southern racist crowd at the end of the season.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Rick Allen has always been annoying. I doubt saying dumb poo poo like this will get him the boot, but it would be nice.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Another race season done. I kind of lost interest in cup this year again, stopped watching regularly towards the end of the season. I watched the first ten minutes today and walked back into the living room as they were running the final lap. None of the drivers I like did a whole lot most of the year. Xfinity was cool, and trucks weren't half bad this time around. Hopefully next season proves to be more interesting in the top level with Chastain in the 42. I think I say every year that there are too many races that feel exactly the same and seem to take forever, I definitely think expanding beyond the basic ovals is the way to go, with the additional road courses being more entertaining to watch. A dirt race will be neat as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Also Bowyer in the booth is going to be an lol for sure.