Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

https://twitter.com/danielmcfadin/status/1229582490186256384?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

surf rock posted:

I'm not a regular NASCAR fan (watched it some when I was a kid and I'll watch the occasional gif on Twitter), so I'm asking this sincerely: what are the signs here that this crash is worse than average? I feel like every NASCAR crash gif I've ever seen looks absolutely horrific to the same degree as this. Is it being airborne, or part of the trunk being ripped off signalling the intensity of the initial impact?

The car got hit sqare on the window net while upside down by a car going 200 mph

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

https://www.nascar.com/presspass

disable adblock if the video doesn't load. nothing happening atm

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Do we know an approximate time for an announcement?

nothing official, bullshit speculation everywhere of course.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Crusty Nutsack posted:

it's probably good that they're not updating yet? I mean if he were DOA we'd probably know by now. presumably they're waiting until they assess him more, or get him into surgery, or just know more information before an official update. hopefully.

dale was dead in the car and it took like 3 hours.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

yeah not trusting anything until it's from nascar or roush, too many people going to be trying to scoop the story.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

serious condition but injuries are not life threatening.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

If he had a neck he wouldn't have made it.

Hopefully he can drive again.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

It had to be fuel, the only other thing in the car that would flow like that is the water for the radiator.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Me neither, it made it feel like the safety crew was slow getting there.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Was listening to the local sports channel this morning and the guys made the point that today we are going to hear lots of informed stick and ball talking heads talk about "does auto racing need to end?"

ugh

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

now ryan must burn down an applebees.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

wanna see the other 87 nascar memes

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I bet it's David Ragan

e:unless the 36 is running at vegas.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Incredible, I wonder what injuries he actually suffered, looking great for a guy that was cut out of a race car and listed in serious condition 36 hours ago.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

guys, that's an impostor and not even a good one, you can clearly see a neck in that photo.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

awesome.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

spanky69 posted:

Looks like someone stole his shoes while he was in there

once you been in florida long enough you just stop wearing shoes.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Ace Dillon sounds like generic gruff dude in a bad action movie or budget FPS.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

SwampYankee posted:

Is there anyone more awesome than Schrader?

No, some may be equally as awesome but more awesome? no way.

I want to read his book but it's been out of print forever and I don't want to read it 300 bucks or so bad. scratch that, amazon has used copies of it now and got it for 3 bucks. It's been ages since I last looked.

big nipples big life fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Feb 21, 2020

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Ace Dillon getting the keys to the 3 for his 18th birthday.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

You should root for Kyle Busch.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Suarez can't catch a break.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

The lower crossbar on the front of the cage is called the "Newman Bar".

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

It has been good.

This restart is about to be a mess.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

kidcoelacanth posted:

i'm so loving mad at that caution, we got completely robbed of a great finish. bowman was absolutely hauling rear end

yeah that sucked, it looked like it was going to be the last lap or 2 when he caught him.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

After Monday I can't really blame them for being trigger happy with the caution 6 days later.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Anybody play Smoke's sprint car game yet?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Cool, thanks for the trip report.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

jerry springer poo poo going on in nascar twitter is so fitting it hurts.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

This race for 2nd is great

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

going to be sad when they finally have to repave acs

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

bigbillystyle posted:

I didn't see yesterday's race but I did learn via Twitter that the Kim Burton Cam is still a loving thing. Every other post was something to the effect of GET KIM BURTON OFF MY SCREEN. I always felt that way anytime Jeff was leading at the end of a race. Again I didn't see the race so I don't know how egregious the Kim Burton coverage was but I know it always annoyed me when Jeff was leading with 10 to go and it would practically be side by side on the TV of her like crying and freaking out and race coverage. Every once in a while they will show a shot of Samantha Busch or somebody else but it is like 1 or 2 shots for like a second each I don't know how Kim got to be such a camera hog back then.

there were a few long kim and race split screen shots.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

After the xfinity race yesterday today's was a bit of a bummer IMO

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

It's probably the latter. 5 lugs is a better show but 1 lug is a better design for a race car in every other respect. I will miss 5 lugs though.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Nascar says they should gain around .3 seconds per side but I think it will be quicker.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

They look a lot more like street car wheels as well, it's been at least 30 years since average cars had 15 inch wheels with 60 height tires on them.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

single lug wheels are significantly stronger but no one needs that on a street car.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

pretty sure brian france did a much better job of damaging his rep