Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

big nipples big life posted:

Anybody play Smoke's sprint car game yet?

I got it, it's fairly fun. In the career mode I'm still in TQ midgets. I wish it had real tracks so I could see what it's like to drive in the places I go see, but I'm sure licensing that would be a nightmare.

Earning money to upgrade car parts is pretty fun, but there's really no tuning. Unless that comes later in sprints/outlaws. There are sponsor challenges and stuff, get 5 top 10s in the next 10 races or whatever.

I turned the in-track announcer off asap, it's awful. He just talks about how people should buy concessions to help the tracks and generic things like "wow that driver just turned in a fast time!" during hot laps or qualifying. It's whatever, you can't hear poo poo during a race in real life anyway obviously.

Driving is fun. It's neat to find the groove on each track. I do wish the track physics changed over the course of the day/race though, but that's asking a bit much from a $30 arcadey kind of game.

I haven't tried multiplayer yet.

Overall, if you really like sprint cars, it's pretty fun. I wish I could edit the AI drivers and have Brady Bacon and Dave Darland and so forth, but not a huge deal. Tony wins most of my races so far. I put him into the wall sometimes for fun if he laps me, but there's no black flags or anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU