Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Hendrick and Penske looked good, JGR was a mess. Wouldn’t be surprised to see the same next week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Pocono is good in person and dreadful on tv. Especially with stages now turning it into a road race strategy wise.

I wish stages would go away. It’s pretty much eliminated green flag pit stops.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

This is the worst race so far and it’s not even close.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

They’ve won 8 out of the last 12 Talladega races. Seems like they know what they’re doing.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

The xfinity series has ARCA level drivers these days. There’s barely 10 guys who are even decent.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

It’s gonna be tight to get this finished before the sun goes down. Reminds me of the wacko Indy race that Kahne won a few years back.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Indy is never a good race. It’s generally an interesting race

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

I’m sure MR EXCITEMENT has an EXCITING photo since he’s MR EXCITEMENT did ya hear me I said MR EXCITEMENT

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

The lights look so bad jfc

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

It was a ridiculously bad mistake. I have no idea how he thought he was gonna pit from middle top lane

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

GD_American posted:

Kes is top 5 easy but until he has 2 winless years in a row the answer will still be KFB

I think it's pretty clearly Busch, then Harvick, then you can argue for a few guys for 3rd best.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Pretty sure Eric Jones is the most likely to follow Logano. The fourth Gibbs car is always just bleh, but the talent is there.

Byron will get as many chances as he wants since he’s got Liberty money. Bowman is probably destined to lose out due to sponsorship money at some point. Seems like he’s always chasing after it.

A lot of the guys who are here now will get some time. I’m not sure there’s anyone in the lower series right now that warrants moving on from one of the newer Cup guys.

Edit: I imagine this is Clints last year in a top ride. He hasn’t done enough to warrant it in almost well his whole career.

Ungratek fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Jul 28, 2020

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Daugherty did the Xfinity races for ESPN for ages and was fine

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Bring back Bestwick. Dump Allen (and Jeff burton)

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Peanut President posted:

Trevor Bayne is good, feller can't help it that NASCAR teams are shitcanning dudes so they can run their grandkids/15 year old super late model champs

Bayne spent most of the decade wadding up Roush cars. For this, he is good. I understand why no one else wanted him though.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Peanut President posted:

considering how bad roush is are we sure that was bayne's fault?

I thought he started in like 2012. Looked and it was 2015. Roush has two wins in the last 6 years hahaha

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

I think Gordon is awful in the booth

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Jones is out at Gibbs. Not surprising given LFR going away

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Cygni posted:

This is one of the dumbest races I’ve ever seen

That’s every xfinity road race

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

This season loving sucks

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Brad will never win at Michigan

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

This a loving shitshow in the best possible way

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Final 4 is Harvick Hamlin Truex Keselowski and I hang myself

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

He is but not for the reasons that guy is claiming

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

HELLDUMP NOTIFYBOT posted:

Also, we should let Gendo post here again

Nope

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

chamois posted:

Elliot feels like the guy this year

Aged like a fine wine

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

maffew buildings posted:

Suarez leaving Gaunt Brothers. Alright, whatever.

Because it's being bought by Denny Hamlin and Michael Jordan and Bubba is gonna be the driver.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

This is the worst race of the year

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

It’s funny now but still bad

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

At least they booed Denny winning

Astounding he didn’t get black flagged for the last pass

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Douchebag posted:

Mike Joy is fine, he’s been around forever and knows how to call a race and let a situation breathe when necessary. He’s actually been better since DW left.

NBC has too many people talking all the time. Burton and Letarte need to go I think, let it be Allen and Junior and it’s a solid booth.

This works except Bestwick instead of Allen.

Joy is fine and Bowyer will be ok I think. Gordon is like listening to paint dry.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

The massive puddle in turn 1 was unbelievable. Could not believe they went back green at the end.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Allgaier with an all time dumb racing move there

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Gragson is a dumbass lovely driver

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

It’s not like Larson’s career was over. He just spent the last year stomping World of Outlaws.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

bigbillystyle posted:

Speaking of Kurt Busch he wasn't even racist, just a general dick and rear end in a top hat to everyone around him and he had to earn his way back into nice equipment. He drove the #78 before it was good, the loving #51 for Finch and eventually getting the ride at Haas. I'd say at that time Kurt was just as good of a wheelman as Larson at the Cup level and he couldn't get a decent ride. But, it seems like all that work actually made him learn something about himself and how he was acting. I don't hear too much about how Kurt Busch is a dick anymore, which I think you would considering how practically everything is recorded on a cell phone now and when he did the bulk of his assholishness flip phones were the most popular phones and you still couldn't go a month without a Kurt is a dick story. I don't think Larson has had to actually reflect on his behavior. Oh he did some bullshit community service work or sensitivity training or something? But, like others have pointed out, he was also crushing every big dirt race from here to Wisconsin until being fast tracked to one of the best rides in Cup. I feel like the biggest lesson he's learned is don't "affectionately" call my friends N-words in public or over any kind of radio transmission.

I think this is the big thing for me. It’s not cancel culture to think that saying the n word (in a racing context, not even off the clock) should result in a longer suspension. Kurt basically floundered for years because he was an rear end in a top hat and he’s now one of the more likable drivers. Larson is an rear end in a top hat too, why should he be treated differently?

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Let’s refocus: the truck race is fun as hell

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

I’ll say it: the playoffs actually rule

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Cygni posted:

the chase loving sucks and harvick getting bounced is exactly why

but also its extremely funny and good to see harvick get bounced, so much to think about!

This is pretty much where I stand. It’s not legitimate but it’s loving hilarious and we all need that this year.