Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
I watched Jin-Roh the other day for the first time, and now I understand why everyone considers it a classic. The animation was superb (and I really miss that kind of fluid, hand-drawn stuff missing from modern productions).

Also, the subject matter is pretty eerie considering the state of the US right now but then again. Fascism/Law & Order types exist in every era. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Strange Quark posted:

Revue Starlight the Movie: I didn't really understand what was going on in this other than some metaphors about the anxieties related to change and graduation, and I still don't think any movie can make a 2 hour+ runtime really work, but nothing really quite carries itself on the spectacle as Revue Starlight, and the movie definitely knows where its strengths lie.

The movie was basically the flip side of all the lost fights of the show. A lot of the "weaker" girls were kind of hamstrung by their place in the hierarchy over a 12 eps show. It kind of gave everyone else their moment to shine.