Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Roger Explosion posted:

Chacha eating icecream

Out of a grail!

Yodo-dono living her best life with this second childhood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

dogsicle posted:

i'd definitely go martha over marie in most earlygame/casual situations if you want stuff like heals and debuff clear

I am kinda holding back in devoting resources until I get all the summon rewards from the new player bonus logins. So yeah right now based on who I have, I probably would go with Martha and Georgios over Marie for Riders I would invest in at this point.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Hand Row posted:

I am kinda holding back in devoting resources until I get all the summon rewards from the new player bonus logins. So yeah right now based on who I have, I probably would go with Martha and Georgios over Marie for Riders I would invest in at this point.

Martha is also just really good in general now, she has a lot of staying power, great party support and can actually deal some decent damage with her NP.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I've got 11 tickets for Izo, gogogo.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i haven't actually used or invested in her much but there's an LB2 fight she seems like a perfect fit for so i'm looking forward to that

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I didn't know the Hunting Quests would continue into today, so I spent some apples needlessly yesterday. Whoops!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
When did they update lancelots animation in NA again? Was surprised to see a jet today

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Shinjobi posted:

When did they update lancelots animation in NA again? Was surprised to see a jet today

On the 22nd, so not long ago.

Tamacat, Melt, Iskandar, Illya, Alexander, and Lu Bu also got their AUs.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Spent 5 tickets and 90 sq for more np levels for Mordred. Not sure if it was worth it but she's now NP3.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i'm finally free from hellopoly in JP, aside from the fact that i gotta do the cq without an MLB damage CE

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Sodium Chloride posted:

Spent 5 tickets and 90 sq for more np levels for Mordred. Not sure if it was worth it but she's now NP3.

That's not a lot to spend so I'd say it's worth it, especially since she doesn't hit very hard and overkill hits are really important for looping. Also NP3 is the last really noticable damage increase, 3->4 and 4->5 are tiny.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

dogsicle posted:

i'm finally free from hellopoly in JP, aside from the fact that i gotta do the cq without an MLB damage CE

Just cheat with Command Spells, it's what I did.

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together
Did someone ask for more Marie?

also some other guys
https://imgur.com/a/cZUBJFF

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
wtf is going on, they remembered marie exists.....

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Threw two 10 rolls.

NP1 Izou.

Got rainbow orbs!

NP2 Emiya :negative:

Bakeneko
Jan 9, 2007

Aren't rainbow orbs always 5*?

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
It's been a while, but I think they show up for all gold servants.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Bakeneko posted:

Aren't rainbow orbs always 5*?

Indeed they do. Someone even dug into the code a couple of years ago to confirm the rainbow orbs will only ever happen for a 5-star Servant. Likely Bisby got gold orbs, but didn't get a good enough look before the Servant popped out, and mistook them for rainbow.

Bakeneko
Jan 9, 2007

Yeah those things go by quick, they're easy to miss.

Think I might use some tickets but only when Li has his solo rate-up. I don't need any more Emiyas but I could use NP2 for one of my ST lancers.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

One of the gudaguda servants likes me, at least. :unsmith:

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Okitan in 120 sq. Only Np2 Izou though. Will wait and try again on Li Shuwen day.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Okitan in 840 SQ. That was rough. I have only 200 SQ left for Skadi.

The Divine Orator
Dec 31, 2008

Getter into the Future, Ryouma-Chan~
The game finally managed to foist Li onto my hands and even though I did get plenty of all the event craft essences for the first event in forever I still feel slighted, he's so lame in like every appearance so far T-T

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

np3 izou took like 140 sq plus my 27 tickets, just going to ignore that i got 5 medeas in that time

4/4/4ing all my servants after the last lotto backfired when i ran out of blue gems for his skills though :sweatdrop:

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Huh, even more maintenance...

I really wish I hadn't used an apple like right before it started. :smith:

The Divine Orator
Dec 31, 2008

Getter into the Future, Ryouma-Chan~
Haha, same, i was all settled in to grind out missions for a while too, but it’s emergency maintenance so what can you do. Wonder what it’s about

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!
In all likelihood, one of the missions wasn't keeping track of progress properly. That sometimes happens in these mission based events.

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
50 tickets and about 160 quartz got me NP4 Izou and NP2 Okita, so I’ve probably jinxed myself from getting Skadi in a month

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

https://twitter.com/FateGO_USA/status/1268138492522987521

Apparently its something to do with SQ purchase.

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!
https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/gvr30y/immediately_maxing_a_new_servant/

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
Okay I've barely started but Ryouma and Oryou are fantastic and my wallet is very happy they are the welfare.

Solarflare
Apr 21, 2008
Have they done the engine update to make the game work decently on newer Iphones yet? I've been taking a break from the game because of it.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
No, they announced that for sometime in June.

Probably for anniversary, but they haven't given us more details.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Lol got two more Li Shuwen but no Izou.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i wouldn't expect the engine update for at least a week, depending how they handle the LB2 stuff that needs to start hitting towards the end of this event

AtheistMantis
Oct 5, 2014
Gatcha is being really absurd with me lately.

For the 10Mil banner I just wanted maybe NP2-3 Rider Mordred. First Ticket got Tamamo Lancer! Nice. 500 SQ down the drain later, only got 1 SurfMo. Only other SR I got was an NP upgrade for Assassin Emiya. Cruel joke near the end was Gold Rider Card Ozymandias spook. Well. I guess I got an NP2 SSR Rider now, and a shitton of useless Summer1 CEs I gotta make into xp bombs. Chased too much, should have stopped at 300 when I got Surfmo.

Just wanted to roll 90 SQ on Guda3 hoping for NP3 Izou and some event CEs. Got Alter on first multi. Got a single Izou on last one. Gonna just stop here. Event limited 3* is such a horrible gimmick for such a good servant.

Is it just me or does Majin Saber seem to be dishing out really lackluster damage, even with a 100% event attack bonus? It's my first time using an Alter Ego.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_i8vJjM21k

Edit: Guda thinking Ryouma is a good person would have a lot more weigth if they didn't also think Moriarty was a good person.

MonsieurChoc fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Jun 3, 2020

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

AtheistMantis posted:

Is it just me or does Majin Saber seem to be dishing out really lackluster damage, even with a 100% event attack bonus? It's my first time using an Alter Ego.

low NP damage is kind of her thing, but her cards should be pretty good given high natural atk and ~30% boost to most of her deck.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

AtheistMantis posted:

Alter Egos in general aren't the most impressive damage dealers. Mainly because they've got effectiveness against the Cavalry classes (Rider, Assassin, Caster), but they only deal 1.5x damage against them, rather than 2x like a focused class - they've also got the additional downside of ineffectiveness against all the Knight classes (Saber, Archer, Lancer), dealing only 0.5x damage to them. They also take neutral damage from all of those, which is both a pro and con. Against Berserkers they're the same as most classes, and their one true specialty is against Foreigners (standard 2x damage dealt/0.5x damage taken) but that's rarely relevant.

Their main usage is for mixed Cavalry nodes, or against Assassin nodes in particular since decent damage-dealing Casters aren't exactly common. Okita Alter actually does have VERY high attack (she's in a 3-way tie for 10th highest, including JP Servants), so if you're thinking she's doing lackluster damage it's probably due to the lower multiplier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Mixed cavalry is the main reason I bring an AE, yeah. Kiara having both a 50% NP charge and in general good NP gain means she's been a great farmer for me in a lot of events.