Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Managed to get the full damage bonus, now Bedi can one shot the boss with his NP backed by Waver and double Merlin.

Granted, he's level 90, but still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Batterypowered7 posted:

I've posted it before (plus Shuten), but this is also what I'm working with:

Maybe there's something there with the proper support that would let me clear the hardest difficulty consistently?

I don't know how reliable it'd be still, but you've got a bunch of Arts supports. If there's any NP5 Chloes with the damage CE on your supports list (mine is filled with them) you could try doing something like her, Caster Gil, Tamamo? I don't have Gil or Tamamo to try it, though.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

e. double posted

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Draxion posted:

I don't know how reliable it'd be still, but you've got a bunch of Arts supports. If there's any NP5 Chloes with the damage CE on your supports list (mine is filled with them) you could try doing something like her, Caster Gil, Tamamo? I don't have Gil or Tamamo to try it, though.

I'm doing ~1 million with Chloe at +260% damage. Guess I'm just gonna farm the middle raid and call it a day.

E: Looks like Chloe gets enough of a refund with Tamamo and Gil's buffs to fire off two NP, so the Lv 90 is back in play.

Batterypowered7 fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Oct 24, 2020

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
I've got 900m qp in the bank and Christmas lotto is in 2 months so I'll just skip the raids.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Also if you're lucky enough to have both Skadi and Waver, Ridertoki(+quick CE)/Skadi/Friend Skadi/Waver (to combat suit in on turn 2) is two guaranteed NPs in a row and can obliterate the hard node even at a relatively low bonus. The combat suit stun seems reliable on the boss too so it's risk free. :pseudo:

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Batterypowered7 posted:

I'm doing ~1 million with Chloe at +260% damage. Guess I'm just gonna farm the middle raid and call it a day.

E: Looks like Chloe gets enough of a refund with Tamamo and Gil's buffs to fire off two NP, so the Lv 90 is back in play.

You can also add Paracelsus and switch him in with the plugsuit MC to increase both damage and refund, if you need it.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

I'm doing a grindaton with XX, Tamamo, support Merlin. Backline is Oni Cure, Golden, Mash.

Slowish, but unless the boss decides to triple crit a support in a single turn fairly safe.

Guess what just happened while I was writing this post? Even in that case the backline is enough to finish the job and XX is tanky as gently caress in this context.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Asimo posted:

Also if you're lucky enough to have both Skadi and Waver, Ridertoki(+quick CE)/Skadi/Friend Skadi/Waver (to combat suit in on turn 2) is two guaranteed NPs in a row and can obliterate the hard node even at a relatively low bonus. The combat suit stun seems reliable on the boss too so it's risk free. :pseudo:

If you plugsuit Waver in on turn 1 instead and give him a Kaleidoscope you can do even better; 450k points should be enough for 2-turn, and at 950k you can drop it to 1-turn.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Of the 8 or 9 event servants I've permanently missed Ridertoki is probably the one I regret not having the most. Every time I do get a chance to use him to blow something up feels so good.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

The oni isn't an oni, can't sing and has the dragon trait...

drat it Liz!

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

I've been using my level 100 Mecha-Elly, Waver, Helena and a friend Merlin. Between that, the stun from the plugsuit, and Merlins Invuln I can usually finish the hardest one without taking any hits.

...only to find that double Waver Chloe with Tamamo back up can one-shot him. Delightful.

Hunter Noventa fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Oct 24, 2020

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Sodium Chloride posted:

The oni isn't an oni, can't sing and has the dragon trait...

drat it Liz!

Checks out. It is an Halloween event after all.

Although I hope for something even dumber.

Saintv77
Aug 5, 2008

Seriously, just grind the second raid boss till you get +%400 damage or something. It's MUCH easier to one turn and you get like 80 percent of the points. Then you can go to the hardest node when you can one or two shot it.

Was grinding along with a slow team until I realized I could kill literally five of the second boss in the time it took me to to wear down the third node once; then it took me no time at all until I had the damage bonus to go back to the hard mode and kill it in two turns consistently.

Saintv77 fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Oct 24, 2020

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

Omobono posted:

Checks out. It is an Halloween event after all.

Although I hope for something even dumber.

The music would totally give it away if you listened

Doing 2nd level with double skadi/ridertoki for now. Was able to 2-3 turn at ~140% bonus, usually 1 turn at ~220, always 1 turn at 260. A few more bonuses and I'll try Chloe/Tamamo/double Waver.

Also, these power ups will help so much with the grind after the raids are over too.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
RIdertoki just destroys everything, he might be the best welfare in all gachadom.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

How many more g. apples are we looking to get between now and Samba Night? I want to grind the raid while I still can't, but I also want to hit the lotto hard again.

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE

Conspiratiorist posted:

I've got 900m qp in the bank and Christmas lotto is in 2 months so I'll just skip the raids.

This is where I'm standing, mostly. This whole damage bonus thing is silly because to take full advantage of it you're pretty much expected to have used a bunch of apples to get the damage bonus up high enough, but I'm trying to go easy on apples since I'm saving up for Christmas lotto. I used pretty much all my natural AP up to now, with some bronze apples here and there to finish off my AP before bed... and I'm at 600k (220%). Clearing out the Magifender ladder is obviously going to take some apples but I honestly don't know if I want to go all the way to 2 mil right now.

"Well, just keep doing the second difficulty raid then until you get a higher damage bonus"

...but, is it really worth it? I'm getting ~12.6k Magifender points on the second difficulty, when I was averaging 16-18k on any of the farming spots. The return on shop materials is about the same too, just split across all three so you can't really just use one CE to get a higher return on them and focus on Magifender CE's on everyone else. The most tantalizing thing about this raid to me is getting possible Aurora Steel and Fool's Chain drops, and the latter will be obtainable in Christmas lotto if I can hold out until then. Yeah you get QP from this too but I ended up with 480 mil after all the Gilfest farming (thank you, Automata) so I'm not really hurting there.

Maybe I'm just salty because I don't think I have any of the setups that could easily clear the highest difficulty. I have Skadi and Waver, but my best single-target Quick servants are Berserker Atalante and Diarmuid, and their skills definitely aren't maxed.

....also, the raids have been up for like 6 hours and it's already at 2.7 / 14 million. It won't even be 36 hours before this is done.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Eh, I went from 500k to 1500k ladder points and almost complete shop with 6 gold apples.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

Shock Trooper posted:

This is where I'm standing, mostly. This whole damage bonus thing is silly because to take full advantage of it you're pretty much expected to have used a bunch of apples to get the damage bonus up high enough, but I'm trying to go easy on apples since I'm saving up for Christmas lotto. I used pretty much all my natural AP up to now, with some bronze apples here and there to finish off my AP before bed... and I'm at 600k (220%). Clearing out the Magifender ladder is obviously going to take some apples but I honestly don't know if I want to go all the way to 2 mil right now.

"Well, just keep doing the second difficulty raid then until you get a higher damage bonus"

...but, is it really worth it? I'm getting ~12.6k Magifender points on the second difficulty, when I was averaging 16-18k on any of the farming spots. The return on shop materials is about the same too, just split across all three so you can't really just use one CE to get a higher return on them and focus on Magifender CE's on everyone else. The most tantalizing thing about this raid to me is getting possible Aurora Steel and Fool's Chain drops, and the latter will be obtainable in Christmas lotto if I can hold out until then. Yeah you get QP from this too but I ended up with 480 mil after all the Gilfest farming (thank you, Automata) so I'm not really hurting there.

Maybe I'm just salty because I don't think I have any of the setups that could easily clear the highest difficulty. I have Skadi and Waver, but my best single-target Quick servants are Berserker Atalante and Diarmuid, and their skills definitely aren't maxed.

....also, the raids have been up for like 6 hours and it's already at 2.7 / 14 million. It won't even be 36 hours before this is done.

The raids are time-efficient if you can comfortably 1-3t them, but in terms of AP farming efficiency they're worse than the currency nodes since in those its easier to bring more ladder bonuses if you're willing to just brawl your way through with event bonus servants (currency farming they're about even if you're taking a +2 bonus).

So if you're trying to optimize for AP, and don't need the QP because this is smack in the middle of two lottos, yeah there's no point.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

YggdrasilTM posted:

Eh, I went from 500k to 1500k ladder points and almost complete shop with 6 gold apples.

Whoops, they actually were 10, not 6

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

The moment I heard the Great Oni talk about singing I had a terrible premonition...

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

YggdrasilTM posted:

Is that from doing the raid with apples or just the best shop mat nodes?

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Posted up my Lv. 90 MHXX with the Arts Boost for prime Slaughter if anyone wants it.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

That Gold Mining debuff is really annoying. Leave the stars alone, dork :argh:

Little Abigail
Jul 21, 2011

College Slice

Hypocrisy posted:

The moment I heard the Great Oni talk about singing I had a terrible premonition...

The moment Salieri mentioned a horrible howling masquerading as singing is when it clicked in my head and also made me feel bad for them that that’s what made me figure it out.

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together
I don't mute my phone, so I recognised the Great Oni's theme song immediately.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
controversial opinion:

This should have had another liz servant instead.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Man, a double-skadi supported Ridertoki really is all that. I can consistently 2-3 turn this chump of an oni on his hardest level with minimum effort and my damage isn't even max'd yet.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
I've just been running a team with Jalter(NP4, grailed, gold foued), Skadi and Waver, Skadi is just there for the NP charge and defense debuff, just buff Jalter up and she NPs for 3-4 million easy. Anyway, I now have OG Shuten's skills maxed out thanks to the lores from this event, yay!

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
late but more bara napoleon art ples

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

MHXX, support foreigner, Waver has been reliably auto-clearing the node for me.

Which, by the way, this is a raid boss, right? Have we beaten it yet? I keep chipping away 1.2m in damage and his bar has barely moved from 6m to 5m.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Contain your licentiousness for the French for one goddamn minute, Clawtopsy.

Sen-dart
Oct 9, 2012

J.A.B.C. posted:

Which, by the way, this is a raid boss, right? Have we beaten it yet? I keep chipping away 1.2m in damage and his bar has barely moved from 6m to 5m.

Its based on number of kills not damage done

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

This raid is good times.

The double female buff and def down combo works out to a bit more damage than either waver or nero bride. Wu's def down and atk/quick buff is pretty similar.
If you kscoped out a waver np or someone else's that may do more but I was excluding that.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ridertoki with Skadis are loving murking this thing. I neglected the normal event on the week but did this raid a shitload of times so far and got so much of the currencies and ladder lol

Sen-dart
Oct 9, 2012
Man Melt being so good is making it impossible to decide who I should give the best command codes to, and I'm really looking forward to when NA can freely swap them whenever like in JP

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I don't even need the QP at the moment and barely care about the mats and currency (gimme those Auroras tho) but I'm doing the raid anyway because I like to see unga bunga numbers

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Plutonis posted:

Ridertoki with Skadis are loving murking this thing. I neglected the normal event on the week but did this raid a shitload of times so far and got so much of the currencies and ladder lol

Same, the normal event is honestly kind of miserable feeling to me so this has been a welcome source of progress.

Is the raid gone for good once the kill count is met?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Acerbatus posted:

controversial opinion:

This should have had another liz servant in addition

ftfy :colbert:

Don't worry, I'm sure Liz will have her day in the sun again. Afterall, we still don't have Archimedes (SOMEHOW) for her to torment.