Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

YggdrasilTM posted:

Oooh I didn't remember that Fujino get her NP upgrade here.

It showed up with her banner, not at the start of the event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Yeah from now on most Servants will get Aus/buffs whenever their event banner starts, not at the start of the event. I guess to incentivize logins for that sweet engagement?

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

How many of these fast upcoming servants need to be more than np1 for their gimmick to be viable?

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

Here's a complete list:

Besides those ones, if you want to be whalebrained and stupid you want multiple NP levels of Mel and/or Morgan to let them clear absolutely anything.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
NP Levels really aren't necessary unless you are absolutely fixated on min-maxing in the most absurd, wasting-your-actual-money sense of the word possible.

I think the only 5* servant I have with multiple levels on JP is Summer BB (who is NP2, from a single 10 roll, probably one of my best ever) and I've been able to do 90++ nodes without much trouble.

Pursue NP levels if you want, but carefully weigh how much you care about maxing out one Servant VS getting new ones carefully before doing so

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Arbite posted:

How many of these fast upcoming servants need to be more than np1 for their gimmick to be viable?

SSR:
Morgan is an AoE Berserker with a split 50% Battery (20% targetable), specialized against Man enemies. She is very versatile.
- She can be the main DPS in multiple farming teams since she can Buster loop.
- She can be a secondary DPS in a double core team since she has a targetable battery and a charisma.
- She can be used in offensive comps for CQ since she is berserker with star absorb, crit down, a battery and a very broad niche
- She can go full stall with Merlin and Castoria, since her NP has +1 Overcharge, so she can for a Himiko-like comp.
Her main problem is damage, so of course she likes NP levels, but she has no "gimmick" di per se that is invalidated by a lower NP level.

FK Lancelot is an unique Lancer that can act as ST Arts or AoE Buster. Her kit is honestly ridiculous, with a 30% battery, a SECOND 100% Battery, a 30% NP damage up, a 40% attack up, 1 turn invincibility, a star absorb comparable to OG Lancelot, and her AoE NP ramps up damage and has invul pierce . She is one of the very few Buster Servants that can loop with Black Grail. I think she is the first or second best DPS in the game.
She can act as a universal farmer but she needs NP levels to do that, without them she is "just" a very good Lancer. Her real problem is that her most effective composition requires native Oberon and Koyanskaya.

Koyanskaya is the premier Buster support. she has a 50% Buster up, a star bomb that gives 50% damage up against Man, and a targetable 50% NP charge that reduce all cooldowns of the target by 2. Thanks to this, any Buster Servant with batter can now 3T loop. No more than 1 NP is needed.

Oberon is a support (mainly Buster, but he can basically fit in any team) that enable incredible 1 turn damage in any team. He has a 70% battery. 20% is party wide and include a 30% NP damage up, and 50% is targetable and include a star bomb. His third skill is a Buster up (50%) that double all NP damage up buffs of the target (including Black grail and similar CEs) for 1 turn. This gives the target Servant an absurdly high damage ceiling. However, at the end of the turn, the skill remove all buffs and cripples the target with Eternal Sleep, that is the worst debuff in the game: the Servant becomes permanently stunned, they can't be swapped, they can't be sacrificed, and they are basically a dead weight until an enemy kills them. No more than 1 NP is needed.

SR:
FK Gawain is a survival focused AoE Buster Saber with a gorilla deck. She has skill that gives buff removal on normal card hit and 1000 damage 3 turns, 3 times. Her NP increases her HP by 3000 and reduce all her cooldowns by 1. This enable her skill spamming and makes her is incredibly resilient in attrition fights. No more than 1 NP is needed since her main role is soloer.

FK Tristan is like OG Tristan, only with less damage, and more battery and survival. She has 1 turn invincibility, 1 hit party evasion, NP seal, skill seal, NP drain, 3000 HP steal, and up to 60% battery. She is mostly a DPS so if you want to use her as such she would like NP levels, but she has no gimmick di per se.

Percival is an AoE Arts lancer that can loop very easily and has a lot utility, with a taunt, a targetable invincibility and an AoE NP with ignore invincibility. He is permanent, he will spook.

YggdrasilTM fucked around with this message at 14:38 on May 28, 2023

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

Arbite posted:

FK Lancelot, Morgan, Oberon only if you use him as a big wave clearer.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

BlazeEmblem posted:

From what I've heard, the reason we haven't seen the visual novels in the west is that the license fees for them are too high. It seems like it's hard to justify paying the price for the license for a game that is almost 20 years old, given that most people interested in playing it would have already read the fan translation years ago.

yeah I don't see any of the old Fate stuff get official western releases unless Type-Moon decides to remake FSN which comparing their previous releases, will take another 20 years to come out

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

New Chaldea Breakroom

https://twitter.com/FateGO_USA/status/1664036533236641792?s=20

Bakeneko
Jan 9, 2007

It’s such a shame that she ended up being not one, but two of the worst SSRs in the game. The summer version was their perfect chance for a do-over and they screwed it up.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

The Summer version has some niche uses as debuffer and buff cleanser, but yeah.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

She soloed that one Grail Front that was just beefy berserkers for me :shrug:

Bakeneko
Jan 9, 2007

Yeah she’s by no means useless, just… very underwhelming. I’d make a serious attempt at rolling for her if I didn’t need to keep enough quartz stashed to guarantee Koyan. Maybe next year though.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Her biggest thing is Buster Resist Down and 90% Def down to a single enemy for 1 turn which is the best of the game... but not that useful besides that.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

buff yuyu pls

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Decided to try and continue collecting oni girls and roll for Ibuki Douji, dropped sixty tickets
lotta nothing for the first 10-20, then I get two NP levels for Chiron, then a lot more nothing
then rainbow sparks! Saber card! BANANA BOY! Rama Spook.

So I go 'ah okay Ibuki's not showing, I'll just finish off my tickets. VERY LAST TICKET, as I go to report to my discord friends the results of my haul
wait, there are no rainbow sparks, but that's a gold card!

Gold archer card. THIRD Chiron

FGO pranked me good.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Crasical posted:

then rainbow sparks! Saber card! BANANA BOY! Rama Spook.

That can't be right. Rainbow sparks only happen when you pull a 5 star. Maybe you pulled a 5 star, skipped it without realizing, and got Rama in the same 10th double pull?

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
I’m on section 12 of Heian-Kyo and it’s such a filler chapter. Quality wise it’s unobjectionable, but it really is Epic of Remnant 5 stuff. They should have made it optional.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Epic of remnant is cool tbh

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

brainwrinkle posted:

I’m on section 12 of Heian-Kyo and it’s such a filler chapter. Quality wise it’s unobjectionable, but it really is Epic of Remnant 5 stuff. They should have made it optional.

Doesn't it become optional later? (yes I know this isn't helpful)

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

brainwrinkle posted:

All the x.5 chapter are EoR sequels, at least in spirit. Ooku is a Se.Ra.Ph. sequel. Imaginary Scramble is a Salem sequel. Heian Kyo is a Shimousa sequel. And Traum will be a Shinjuku sequel.

YggdrasilTM fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Jun 3, 2023

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

YggdrasilTM posted:

All the x.5 chapter are EoR sequels, at least in spirit. Ooku is a Se.Ra.Ph. sequel. Imaginary Scramble is a Salem sequel. Heian Kyo is a Shimousa sequel. And Traum will be a Shinjuku sequel.

Where is the Agartha sequel?!

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010

Batterypowered7 posted:

Where is the Agartha sequel?!

Traum also.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

BlazeEmblem posted:

That can't be right. Rainbow sparks only happen when you pull a 5 star. Maybe you pulled a 5 star, skipped it without realizing, and got Rama in the same 10th double pull?

I've seen people say this before, but I swear I've pulled a 4 star from a rainbow spark before as well. It could just be a very rare NA bug.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Gologle posted:

I've seen people say this before, but I swear I've pulled a 4 star from a rainbow spark before as well. It could just be a very rare NA bug.

A lot of people swear this happened to them, and they've been swearing since before NA was a thing. The thing is, though, that nobody has ever been able to produce a video of this happening. Which, sure, normal people like you and me probably don't make a habit of recording every single time we toss tickets at a banner or whatever, but look at how many whales stream or otherwise record their pulls. If this was a thing, you'd think one of them would have caught it at least once, wouldn't you?

It's much more likely that whatever you remember was just a product of you not paying attention, seeing the gold orbs as rainbow, or you might just be straight remembering wrong. Either way, you can rest assured that the next time you get rainbow orbs, it is 100% going to be an SSR.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

serefin99 posted:

A lot of people swear this happened to them, and they've been swearing since before NA was a thing. The thing is, though, that nobody has ever been able to produce a video of this happening. Which, sure, normal people like you and me probably don't make a habit of recording every single time we toss tickets at a banner or whatever, but look at how many whales stream or otherwise record their pulls. If this was a thing, you'd think one of them would have caught it at least once, wouldn't you?

It's much more likely that whatever you remember was just a product of you not paying attention, seeing the gold orbs as rainbow, or you might just be straight remembering wrong. Either way, you can rest assured that the next time you get rainbow orbs, it is 100% going to be an SSR.

Alright, I shall record all my LB6 rolls, FOR SCIENCE!

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Rainbow 4*s are the bigfoot of gacha

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

So can I do 11-rolls and watch for the rainbows or do I have to do it all individually?

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Batterypowered7 posted:

So can I do 11-rolls and watch for the rainbows or do I have to do it all individually?

Skipping once during a 10 roll advances the current summoning animation to the result.
Skipping twice in quick succession instead advances to the start of the next 4* or 5* (either CE or servant) summon animation, if there are any left to show; to the final result screen if there are none left. It also stops for completely new 3* ce/servants.
Edit: apparently not for new 3* CEs, see the next post

So you can just double skip every time it isn't rainbow sparks and it'll automatically skip a lot of animations that aren't rainbow sparks.

Omobono fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Jun 3, 2023

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Omobono posted:

Skipping once during a 10 roll advances the current summoning animation to the result.
Skipping twice in quick succession instead advances to the start of the next 4* or 5* (either CE or servant) summon animation, if there are any left to show; to the final result screen if there are none left. It also stops for completely new 3* ce/servants.

So you can just double skip every time it isn't rainbow sparks and it'll automatically skip a lot of animations that aren't rainbow sparks.

A correction, it skips over new 3* CE, I've been surprised by them many times at the final results.

also please release LB6 so i can roll and be disappointed already (even if im mainly going for Morgan for her usefulness and Koyan/Oberon for meta, Faelot is good but not that necessary specially with NP3 Enkidu and Scat).

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Fixed, thanks

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Scat???

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Shishou

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I regret to inform you all that I only have 400sq

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
Oh poo poo LB6 is tomorrow? Been dying to read it after hearing so many raves about it.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

theblackw0lf posted:

Oh poo poo LB6 is tomorrow?
maybe. At the very least, tomorrow there's the streaming for it.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Meowywitch posted:

may as well just lay down and cry in the dirt like the peasant you are

in a related note, while getting these meta defining characters is all well and good(it's the hardest part since its 100% luck based), getting them to 10/10/10, append NP skill, etc. is also more or less required right

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Meowywitch posted:

That's enough for a decent chance at a single rate-up SSR! Higher than 50%!

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

pentyne posted:

may as well just lay down and cry in the dirt like the peasant you are

in a related note, while getting these meta defining characters is all well and good(it's the hardest part since its 100% luck based), getting them to 10/10/10, append NP skill, etc. is also more or less required right

10/10/10 is generally required unless a skill is a dud.

Append 2 depends on the Servant, but thankfully 5* can Append 2 with Bond 6 so if you get them you just need to keep them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Batterypowered7 posted:

That's enough for a decent chance at a single rate-up SSR! Higher than 50%!

68%