Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McCracAttack
Feb 21, 2006

Fresh cilantro is scarce in stores all of the sudden. All I could find is one of those little potted cilantro plants in the produce section. I took it out of the plastic and gave it some water. It's perking up a bit but it's still rough looking.

Anything I can do to help it along or are these things kind of a scam? Also, any tips on plucking the leaves one serving at a time without killing the plants?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

McCracAttack posted:

Also, any tips on plucking the leaves one serving at a time without killing the plants?

My experience is keeping cilantro going sustainably is way harder than other herbs. You can try just cutting off the top third to half or so, but it will go to seed in the blink of an eye. It grows pretty quick so if that happens just let it go and replant itself.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

McCracAttack posted:

Fresh cilantro is scarce in stores all of the sudden. All I could find is one of those little potted cilantro plants in the produce section. I took it out of the plastic and gave it some water. It's perking up a bit but it's still rough looking.

Anything I can do to help it along or are these things kind of a scam? Also, any tips on plucking the leaves one serving at a time without killing the plants?

what did the roots look like when you took it out of the plastic and how big was the pot it came in? replanting with good soil in a bigger pot may give it some room to expand and grow leaves. also i snip my herbs with little scissors, which in my mind feels less traumatic for the plant than tugging the leaves/stalks out.

McCracAttack
Feb 21, 2006

Chard posted:

what did the roots look like when you took it out of the plastic and how big was the pot it came in? replanting with good soil in a bigger pot may give it some room to expand and grow leaves. also i snip my herbs with little scissors, which in my mind feels less traumatic for the plant than tugging the leaves/stalks out.

I have no idea what the roots look like and the pot it came in is minuscule. I'll accept that re-potting it the best option but I don't have any of the stuff to do that. Sorry cilantro.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.

DildenAnders posted:

Does chicken sausage have any prion concerns like pork/beef does?

Dont let fear of prions stop you leading your most delicious life

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011
ABS THUNDERSKULL.

element: thunderbolts.

steed: a thunderbolt.

slogan/motto: "gonna clap them cheeks like a Thunderskull."

Corla Plankun posted:

Instagram has done so much loving harm to the idea of food. It has gotten so bad lately that when friends suggest new places to eat to me I have to subtly tease out whether they want to go because the pictures look nice or because someone actually tasted the food and liked it.

there's a bougie place in my town suffering from Insta-itus, their latest abomination is a foot tall Takis-breaded chicken sandwich with kimchi, jalapeno beer cheese, and a Hot Cheeto bun. there's a knife stabbed into the bun, like a folding BUDK style redneck dad knife. it's way too many utterly incompatable flavors and it physically looks oversaturated. it looks like a bad photoshop.

SHIT POST MALONE
Feb 4, 2005

I was born down. You know this.

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

there's a bougie place in my town suffering from Insta-itus, their latest abomination is a foot tall Takis-breaded chicken sandwich with kimchi, jalapeno beer cheese, and a Hot Cheeto bun. there's a knife stabbed into the bun, like a folding BUDK style redneck dad knife. it's way too many utterly incompatable flavors and it physically looks oversaturated. it looks like a bad photoshop.

But I saw a sweaty dude in black latex gloves saw it in half and show me the insides so I must have it.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Call me when it's on a skewer as a bloody Mary garnish

Lawnie
Sep 5, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit

Grimey Drawer

BrianBoitano posted:

Call me when it's on a skewer as a bloody Mary garnish

Wait until you hear about southeastern Wisconsin

angerbeet
Mar 23, 2004

keep on thunkin

McCracAttack posted:

Anything I can do to help it along or are these things kind of a scam?

Plants are, generally speaking, not a scam. Unless it's the famous Mozambique Scam Plant but nominative destiny already sorted that one for you.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

McCracAttack posted:

I have no idea what the roots look like and the pot it came in is minuscule. I'll accept that re-potting it the best option but I don't have any of the stuff to do that. Sorry cilantro.

if you live on a planet and eat like yogurt or orange juice or something you have everything you need to repot a plant. dont give up on the lil guy

DildenAnders
Mar 16, 2016

"I recommend Batman especially, for he tends to transcend the abysmal society in which he's found himself. His morality is rather rigid, also. I rather respect Batman.”

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

That sounds absolutely vile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011
ABS THUNDERSKULL.

element: thunderbolts.

steed: a thunderbolt.

slogan/motto: "gonna clap them cheeks like a Thunderskull."

DildenAnders posted:

That sounds absolutely vile.

there's no way it doesn't just taste like "red, coated in gummy cheese."