Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Is there a "proper" number to look at when measuring liquids in an angled measuring cup? I recently realized it's off by almost 1/4 cup comparing the side numbers to the numbers on the angle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Making shepherds pit for the first time and have extra mushrooms lying around. Will that be a good addition?

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Is it ok to let pan drippings rest a while? I'd like to knock out the poultry early and let the pan sit, then do the gravy process.

Could that screw stuff up or is it just a matter of reheating the pan and doing the deed?

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Paperhouse posted:

I'm going to a thanksgiving potluck this weekend. I thought about making pigs in blankets (sausages wrapped in bacon), but I don't have an oven. Is it a bad idea to do them in a frying pan?

I thought about frying the sausages first and then wrapping them, but I feel like the bacon won't stick if I do this. And if I wrap them before frying I'm concerned the sausages won't be good as they won't brown/the bacon might burn before the sausages are properly cooked.

what do you reckon?

Are the sausages precooked? If not, cook them up and precook the bacon a bit just to make it malleable. Then wrap and finish the bacon off.