Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel
i was gonna go to ces and now i have the flu

bullet dodged

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Lightbulb Out posted:

i was gonna go to ces and now i have the flu

bullet dodged

congrats

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

really hope this vizio oled is both cheap n good

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

really hope this vizio oled is both cheap n good

it might be one of those things

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

mall rent-a-cops are going to be so much more comfortable

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

[img-morecoresframes.jpg]

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Jimmy Carter posted:

they did – the OG Segway was a commercialization of a self-balancing wheelchair.

They made them up until 2013 – they cost $30k to buy but medicare would kick in $5k

that thing seemed super good like it could go up stairs in stuff I think?? i saw it at epcot when the halls of the future or whatever hadn't totally dried up into boring tech stuff

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

every time i eat a taco I think about the n-gage

nokia made something memorable but were so drat wrong in how they did it :rip:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Agile Vector posted:

this is probably the best academic slam ive seen in a while and im stealing it for personal use

same

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
i like when joanna was freed from her ces duties she went right to twitter to say how loving absolute dogshit it was and has been

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Bulgakov posted:

that thing seemed super good like it could go up stairs in stuff I think?? i saw it at epcot when the halls of the future or whatever hadn't totally dried up into boring tech stuff

they had a tank-tread one that could go up stairs.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

poty posted:

so this year more 8k tvs are coming out. maybe theyll be more efficient than the current samsung 8ks whose processors burn like the sun. its similar to the 5g situation on phones.

since there wont ever be 8k video content theyre trying to sell it like being ready for the next generation of consoles which is pretty disingenuous. im sure the consoles will have hdmi 2.1 and output 8k but it would be a huge achievement if games even ran at 4k resolution

also i was looking at an 8k tv to use as a monitor sometimes and airplay streams at 1080p lol

sure you can have the speaker in a worse place but its better if you can have it in a better place

Unless you have one of those sealed cubicle showers most showers are like a thin glass sheet lmao

movax
Aug 30, 2008

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

[img-morecoresframes.jpg]

hell yes 360Hz civ vi

CAROL
Oct 29, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
yall hyped for samsung neon???

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

ArmZ posted:

idk what the next big retail tech step will be. seems like folding

“folding” is already where most tech retail is going

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

I'm glad 120hz and variable refresh rates are part of the HDMI standard now

all 60hz displays will feel like complete garbage after you've used 120hz for a while

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

graph posted:

i like when joanna was freed from her ces duties she went right to twitter to say how loving absolute dogshit it was and has been
that owned

shes the consumer tech reporter for one of the highest profile media outlets on the planet and she finds ces to be a complete waste of her time

ces is the place where you announce things that arent important enough to hold events of their own for

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

a “lifestyle” 4K TV designed for millennials, Gen Z-ers, and really anyone who lives on their phone. Link it to your mobile device, and the Sero can rotate its 43-inch screen vertically to show portrait videos (or mobile apps and games) without any pillarboxing.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
ces 2020: a rotating loving television

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

https://twitter.com/TOPECAX/status/1214200373768081413

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

lol

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

love that orientation transition

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

glad joanna's using her time away from Vegas to clear out her email backlog

https://twitter.com/JoannaStern/status/1214214409716977667

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

oh hell yeah, where's the screen

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

that’s not even 1 hz.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
im sick of the anti-shower-radio lobby voting down my threads

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

poty posted:

im sick of the anti-shower-radio lobby voting down my threads

you should relax in the bath, let your mind wander and be bored, not tuned in to EVERYTHING BUT RAP AND COUNTRY

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

the rotating TV is loving rad but please make it a 4:3 display so i can play all my tate arcade games on it

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Share Bear posted:

you should relax in the bath, let your mind wander and be bored, not tuned in to EVERYTHING BUT RAP AND COUNTRY

i use it maybe once every 2 months! its good to have options! an ue boom is often on sale below 100 bucks

cnet livestream:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fe4tXXGyjvY

the panasonic keynote is on at the moment. michael phelps and panasonic both want to make the world a better place

poty fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Jan 6, 2020

poty
Jun 21, 2008

i guess youre gonna see a lot of japanese companies partnering with athletes with the olympics in tokyo coming up

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

A CES Innovation Award 2020 Honoree, the new Oral-B iO™ reimagines brushing from the inside out, delivering superior design, performance and experience for a professional clean feeling every day

-Smart Display with Personalized Brushing Modes: an intuitive interface that greets users, while also providing coaching and motivation throughout the cleaning process. Features up to seven brush modes for a highly personalized experience.

-Artificial Intelligence Tracking via the Oral-B iO™ App: provides real-time individual tracking and coaching, thanks to artificial intelligence informed by thousands of recorded brushing sessions. Oral-B iO™ has a simple and intuitive user interface that guides consumers through a two-minute brushing session with 3D teeth tracking to ensure a professional clean feeling every time.

“Oral-B iO™ goes beyond being a new toothbrush – it is an innovative brushing technology with a truly sensorial experience that users will feel, hear and see, transforming the act of brushing teeth from something they have to do into something they actually want to do,” said Lisa Ernst, P&G VP Global Health Care R&D. “Six years of dedicated research were undertaken with dental professionals to discover a wholly original brushing experience.”

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I bet they also innovated the poo poo out of brush head pricing, the old cheap ones are 10bux each

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

some real CES magic going on in that stream right now, make sure to watch

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006

Pinterest Mom posted:

A CES Innovation Award 2020 Honoree, the new Oral-B iO™ reimagines brushing from the inside out, delivering superior design, performance and experience for a professional clean feeling every day

-Smart Display with Personalized Brushing Modes: an intuitive interface that greets users, while also providing coaching and motivation throughout the cleaning process. Features up to seven brush modes for a highly personalized experience.

-Artificial Intelligence Tracking via the Oral-B iO™ App: provides real-time individual tracking and coaching, thanks to artificial intelligence informed by thousands of recorded brushing sessions. Oral-B iO™ has a simple and intuitive user interface that guides consumers through a two-minute brushing session with 3D teeth tracking to ensure a professional clean feeling every time.

“Oral-B iO™ goes beyond being a new toothbrush – it is an innovative brushing technology with a truly sensorial experience that users will feel, hear and see, transforming the act of brushing teeth from something they have to do into something they actually want to do,” said Lisa Ernst, P&G VP Global Health Care R&D. “Six years of dedicated research were undertaken with dental professionals to discover a wholly original brushing experience.”

brushing experience

lmao

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

their old bluetooth brushes has a pretty spectacular iphone app fyi

but i'm sure you would rather have your teeth rot :colbert:

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

...."brushing streak" 😩

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Share Bear posted:

i read this as tuning out everything but rap and country and that sounds like you need a good shower speaker with rich bass and midtones

Pinterest Mom posted:

...."brushing streak" 😩

M-M-M-M-MULTIRINSE INSE INSE

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

put the sub under the tub

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

and then take a corn starch bath

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zoTKXXNQIU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

qirex posted:

I bet they also innovated the poo poo out of brush head pricing, the old cheap ones are 10bux each

for what brush? amazon has replacement heads for mine in a 10-pack for $30 for oral-b brand. you can get knockoffs for a fraction of that