Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crazy Mike
Sep 16, 2005

Now with 25% more kimchee.
I get nostalgic for boot camp videos. With the Space Force we get a whole new genre.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDiCgu8_jXA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the yellow dart
Jul 19, 2004

King of rings, armlocks, hugs, and our hearts

Belgian Waffle posted:

so, even with that understanding, when you're on-shift

This is the context I was missing. Shiftwork makes a difference in min-manning. Enjoy working today :cheerdoge:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
If anyone's on FB but doesn't follow the AMN/NCO/SNCO group, I strongly recommend it. It's about 1/3 memes, 1/3 whiners and mockery of said whiners, and 1/3 legitimate grievances being aired that occasionally actually lead to change. Some examples, a Shaw airman was complaining that the finance office was basically giving him and his squadron the finger, to which Col O'Malley, WG/CC, replied with his office phone number and said to call Monday and it'll be taken care of. Baller. The AF's recent investigation into systematic racism and discrimination in the service was heavily impacted by social media posts from airmen, and included specific references to that page. There have also been fundraisers for when Tricare is loving around; a baby got one of those cranial-shaping helmets a few days ago thanks to this page, because Tricare won't actually cover it until after reconstructive surgery is attempted; nevermind that surgery is typically the last resort in these cases.

I say all that to bring this up. Pretty sure it's a few months old but the airman has thrown it into the public eye.

An airmen at Buckley, probably med group, attempted to commit suicide using an IV needle. For whatever reason, the attempt was unsuccessful and the airmen spent several days in a psychiatric facility. After a full week had passed, the airman's supervisor and shirt stopped by. They did not ask his/her condition or express any concern for his/her wellbeing. They dropped off an LOR for theft (of the IV needle), and an LOC (for being 7 minutes late the day after the attempt). No concern was expressed after discharge from the facility either.

gently caress that commander, and if he/she was not removed from that office, gently caress that group's/wing's leadership.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
New Year, Same ol' USAF: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3953615