Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kranrev
Jun 1, 2000

"No damn cat, and no damn cradle."
Anybody else completely screwed by this plague situation? I was supposed to outprocess for PCS this week. Instead I'm stuck in an AirBnB while pulling shifts doing viral nasal swabs in the pandemic tent with lovely PPE.

I sold my house, shipped my HHG, bought a new house at my gaining location and my wife already moved there. Now I get to pay a mortgage and rent, while sitting alone in a room with a laptop waiting for the inevitable fever to come.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kranrev
Jun 1, 2000

McNally posted:

You really need to be making noise up the chain of command because this is absolutely hosed.

The issue has been raised to my squadron commander, and my gaining squadron commander. The official response was ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ "Contact the Air Force Aid Society."

Honestly I don't know what I expected. I'm assigned to an Army post and the Air Force here have fully acclimated to BOHICA Army culture.

Kranrev
Jun 1, 2000

McNally posted:

Go talk to the IG

I'm weighing this vs a congressional. I'm a TX resident and Cruz (lol) is supposed to be a bulldog on active military complaints.

Kranrev
Jun 1, 2000

Godholio posted:

It wouldn't be the most shocking thing in the world if they didn't know they had the ability. Probably worth bringing the reg to their attention. This also shows you were proactive in trying to help solve the problem before your inevitable IG/congressional complaint.

From what the shirt told me, everyone is aware that there is a waiver. I am just not going to get one. My squadron is larger than most groups so give-a-gently caress is spread especially thin.

Theoretically when this is all over I will get per diem back-paid, and since I crossed over to the dark side money isn't really the issue. I'm mostly worried about my asthmatic wife potentially dying alone of Covid 1800 miles way.

Kranrev
Jun 1, 2000

Rekinom posted:

Nothing is going to happen while this pandemic is still raging. Maybe after the fact when things settle down some heads will roll, but in this very moment your leadership is going to gently caress you because it's a free for all with zero accountability right now.

The military blows and they will gently caress you over whenever it's convenient, and yall motherfuckers still dont listen and get the surprised pikachu face when you find a big blue dick in your rear end, like if we didn't loving warn you 10,000 goddamn times.

So eventually they let me outprocess, get in my car and drive away, literally the only thing keeping me from going to my new house and being reunited with my family aside from a bureaucratic cluster gently caress.

The day of my final out I showed up and was told that, sorry, we made a mistake, you aren't going to be allowed to PCS like we just told you that you could yesterday. I drove back to my packed up room and had just enough time to get to some dark places before the MPF called my cell and told me to come in and outprocess before someone changed their mind again.

After my final out I put my phone in airplane mode till I got home.