Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice

pkells posted:

Oh yeah, my CC did all of the work over the last month or two, and I was just the one to sit him down and make it official.

I guess I tempted fate by sarcastically saying this will be a fun year, because only a few hours after that post, I got a call with even more bad news. A guy in my unit who was surprised by a stage 4 cancer diagnosis earlier in the year but had been in a stable condition took a sudden turn for the worse. He's in his 30's with a wife and kids, and was just placed in hospice care.

gently caress cancer, and remember to get your regular checkups at your doctor's office.

Cancer in your 30s is the worst. It's rare, aggressive, and there's no good screening until you're in your 40s or 50s. If you have a family history, sure, but otherwise you're supposed to stay healthy until middle age.

On my first deployment, I went with 4 enlisted medics/BEEs from my base. When we got home, I got hit by a car, my NCOIC got arrested, and the other NCO....

I had treated her for some minor stuff while we were deployed and had a set of totally normal labs drawn a couple of weeks before we came home. Two months later...BAM! highly aggressive leukemia. She had just turned 30 and was a newlywed. I made weekly house calls to help as much as I could, but she deteriorated really quickly. :(

The fourth guy managed okay. I think the worst thing that happened to him was that his garage band broke up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU