Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

Softface posted:

I had a pretty bad accident a few months ago and aside from some fuckery with the rental companies playing a shell game with me where no one wanted to rent me a car since it happened in a dead zone the whole claims process was pretty smooth. However, I could also see them being huge assholes about it, since they decided to ask my confused rear end (luckily just adrenaline wearing off, not a concussion) dumb questions like if my car could move on its own (no, it was basically half a car) followed a few minutes later by asking if I was driving after reading a bunch of information to the claims agent, prefacing it with, "Hold on, I need to read this."

In conclusion, much like military coverage in general, USAA is a land of contrasts. Also good on Gold Bond guy for making Colonel.

USAA is absolutely a land of contrasts.

Had a home owners, personal property, and Vehicle, insurance claim in 9 months. Each was a vastly different experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
Rek is right, of course.

If you want something done it takes putting the fear of congress up your commands rear end.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

Knives Amilli posted:

Anyone have CRO OPR bullets they can lend to a ANG LT who for 6 months, sat on his rear end from Commissioning date until leaving for a 9 month long tech school ?

Are you a new Combat Rescue Officer? I have some friends in that community I can reach out to if that’s the CRO your referring to. (I thought it had changed to STO but I guess that’s a separate AFSC for officers). If not, tell me what kind of CRO you mean (Crypto Responsible Officer.. etc) and I’ll see if I can find you some help.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

Knives Amilli posted:

my bad for not being clear, a CRO (in this instance) is a change of reporting official OPR. Its meant to cover the time between my commissioning and leaving for tech school (since Tech School OPR is a form 422) . Im a cyber ops officer myself.

Ahhhh, gotcha. We have too many acronyms, it’s hard to remember them all.

On this particular subject I’m pretty ignorant but I’ll put it out to my USAF officer friends, quite a few are commanders now so they’d probably at least know something on the issue. (Intel and Fighter Pilots mostly.)

Hannibal, you are a post command USAF cyber officer, could you get this guy the gouge on CRO OPR’s for green lieutenants?

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

hannibal posted:

Hah, I got out as a captain, I didn't command anything. (It'll be 10 years in October!)

That said Godholio is right on the money. I almost don't quite understand the question. I suppose as a new 17-whatever you're sitting around doing jack squat until you go to school. Is there someone local you can ask? Or are because you're ANG it's some weird situation where you're sitting at home? Like Godholio said those things are usually just copied from previous people doing the same thing. Someone who is in charge of you in some way should have that stuff readily at hand. (I realize usual USAF bureaucratic nonsense may mean this doesn't exist for you)

That said, most everyone I know has punched out at this point, but I still work for CYBERCOM and various USAF folks so if you have any q's about cyber ops I can probably answer some things.

I wonder why the gently caress I was thinking you were our resident comms O-5.

‘Grats on the 10 years free. I retired 8 years ago myself. :feelsgood:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

whatspeakyou posted:

I have been out of the normal air force assignment system for about 9 years now, but I'm returning (going to Scott) in about a month and I fully expect this dumb poo poo to be the norm. I'm going to miss non-dumb decisions. At least now I'm a SNCO, so I can really be forced to support those dumb decisions. :stonklol:

TRANSCOM, AMC, or working for the 375th?