Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Got rear end-ended by a guy in a Yukon XL back in 2016 - he also had USAA. USAA treated him better (even though he was clearly at fault), gave *me* poo poo about my rental allowance, and no-poo poo stole my car from the body shop they sent me to, as they sent it to salvage (it was totaled - with a margin of ~$300) with the goddamned *tags* still on the car, before even informing me they had decided to total it. I made them overnight the tags to me, and they even made *that* sound like it was some huge imposition, and originally told me if I wanted them, I could go down to the salvage yard in Fredericksburg (50-60 miles one-way from where I am in Northern VA) and get them myself.

The poetic :fuckoff: justice of it all? I got ~$3900 for a '98 four-cylinder Honda Accord that ended up going for ~$500 at auction. Thing had brand new brakes and a rebuilt transmission with only about 10-15k miles on it. Someone - who had the means to part it out - made a small fortune off that car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
There's something hosed about going to an ENT/Audiologist and telling them you think you have tinnitus (mine is left side only, no I don't have a tumor), and since they love people who self-diagnose, you get flack from them until you undergo three hearing tests over the course of 18 months that show nearly identical results every time and you're finally rewarded with "huh, looks like you *do* have some form of hearing loss!" :v: