Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knee
Jul 19, 2006

I'm telling you, it's true. People grow from spores.

I'll go first for drawing dogs:

I call him Droopy. He has a big nose.

Edit: for transparency, I don't have a dog named Droopy.

Knee fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Jun 29, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

StrixNebulosa posted:

I never thought of that. Honestly, before I read that thread in QCS I never realized how in danger mods are of being doxxed, which... it sucks! Unpaid work and you're at risk for it, I hate that.

Yeah, it sucks. The very first PM I got asking me if I wanted to be a mod mentioned the doxxing possibilities. It's something we all have to keep in mind.

angerbeet
Mar 23, 2004

Come into the lob-ratory! The dog lobster laboratory!

Grand Fromage posted:

Yeah, it sucks. The very first PM I got asking me if I wanted to be a mod mentioned the doxxing possibilities. It's something we all have to keep in mind.

I just logged on one day and I was a GBS mod, that was how modding used to work.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

angerbeet posted:

I just logged on one day and I was a GBS mod, that was how modding used to work.

Surprising someone by modding them is the best (no)

Knee
Jul 19, 2006

I'm telling you, it's true. People grow from spores.

Since it's been brought up (doxing, how you were chosen) there's a thread in QCS about mods in the days to come.

It's gotten a lot of serious talk with some joke posts as well. I haven't seen any slap fights happen, yet.

I've found myself a bit invested in it. If any of you previous and current mods want to drop by and give feedback or just talk about what you've just posted here it would be helpful.

We're trying to figure out how mods should be chosen, if their time as a mod should be limited, rotate mod duties, anonymous mods, prevent doxing, users and "cliques" rallying against a mods decisions, mods concerned about posting in threads they have to take action in, etc. etc.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3929971

Thanks
-don't sign your posts

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

Coal Jobs for the Coal God

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Choochacacko has access as well but yeah, as far as I know that's it. Removing lowtax is possible in the same way that deleting the forums and making the site a chewbacca ate my balls mirror is also possible, and giving someone server access depends on trusting them not to do that. Please do not leak any details of my planned coup.

Good to know this.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

That aged like a fine wine.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

iospace posted:

Alright, might as well mention this: there is a mod discord. If you're surprised by this revelation, I don't know what to tell you. Most of the time it's shooting the poo poo and occasionally yelling at Jeff that the forums are slow or down

do mods get kicked out of the discord when they lose modship

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

They stay on as independent consultants and rake in the BIG BUCKS!

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Yes, they do.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

iospace posted:

Yes, they do.

In theory, but there's at least one ex-mod still in there right now.

sunken fleet
Apr 25, 2010

dreams of an unchanging future,
a today like yesterday,
a tomorrow like today.

Fallen Rib

Is there any overlap between mods/admins and the people who post the front page articles? For that matter, who are the people who post the front page articles? Do they get paid?

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

sunken fleet posted:

Is there any overlap between mods/admins and the people who post the front page articles? For that matter, who are the people who post the front page articles? Do they get paid?

There absolutely used to be mods who were specifically front page writers and photoshop phridays were commonly turned into articles, for example. As for the rest of your questions, Iím not sure anyone is actively writing for this site anymore for the same reason Jeff is buying the site.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

They did get paid when front pages were a thing too

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010

Dang dicknose don't tuck that money under your eyelids!

Pillbug

corgski posted:

There absolutely used to be mods who were specifically front page writers and photoshop phridays were commonly turned into articles, for example. As for the rest of your questions, Iím not sure anyone is actively writing for this site anymore for the same reason Jeff is buying the site.

Zack Parsons/El Pinto Grande was a mod or admin, wasnít he?

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008

mega. milk.

Toilet Rascal

Admin

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

keep on fightin'

Inceltown posted:

They did get paid when front pages were a thing too

After two months of free labour, lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Zack Parsons/El Pinto Grande was a mod or admin, wasnít he?

I miss Zack though.