Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Classic WK, setting the bar for MOTYC insanely high to start the year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
MOTYC: HIROMU TAKAHASHI VS. WILL OSPREAY, NJPW WRESTLE KINGDOM 14, 04/01

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

STONE COLD 64 posted:

MOTYC: Will Ospreay (c) vs Hiromu Takahashi - January 4, 2020 NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 14 at The Tokyo Dome

Well MOTY is decided, see y'all next year

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Will Ospreay (C) vs. Hiromu Takahashi for the IWGP Jr Heavyweight Championship - Wrestle Kingdom 14 Night 1

I'm gonna be honest with you folks. I wrote this based on the entrance outfits alone. That the match ended up being loving incredible was simply the icing on the cake. Also that loving in-and-out of the ring sequence was literally inhuman. :stare:

Yup.

God I'm glad my boy is back and as insane as ever.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Will Ospreay (C) vs. Hiromu Takahashi for the IWGP Jr Heavyweight Championship - Wrestle Kingdom 14 Night 1

I'm gonna be honest with you folks. I wrote this based on the entrance outfits alone. That the match ended up being loving incredible was simply the icing on the cake. Also that loving in-and-out of the ring sequence was literally inhuman. :stare:

Nth. I think I need a cigarette

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Rarity posted:

That about sums it up.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Rarity posted:

MOTYC: HIROMU TAKAHASHI VS. WILL OSPREAY, NJPW WRESTLE KINGDOM 14, 04/01

Close the thread, not even Okada has a chance at beating this.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

PublicOpinion posted:

MOTYC: Natsumi Maki vs. Sareee
HM: Maki Itoh vs. Hikari Noa

2nd

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Hiromu came back from a career-threatening neck injury that kept him out for 14 months, had arguably the best match of his career, and immediately re-established himself as a top guy. I don't think it's a hot take to say that performance cemented him as one of the all-time greats and a modern-day legend, with so much more to come.

So yeah, MOTYC: Hiromu vs. Will Ospreay

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

HM: Naito vs Jay White Wrestle Kingdom 14

Sloppy in places but the ending was great and the heat was amazing and Naito didn't choke

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: Tetsuya Naito vs. Jay White, NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 14, 04/01

Hurt by following up the Match of the Year but still very good

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Rarity posted:

:hai:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Rarity posted:

this

probably would have been a motyc if they’d cut out some bullshit

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

SatoshiMiwa posted:

HM: Naito vs Jay White Wrestle Kingdom 14

Sloppy in places but the ending was great and the heat was amazing and Naito didn't choke

Nth, Jay White is so detestable and Naito being Naito made for a good match

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Rarity posted:

there may in fact be a god

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

Rarity posted:

Nth.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Rarity posted:

nth

Thought it was a necessary change of pace between Ospreay/Hiromu & Okada/Ibushi. I know some people feel like there's no room for shenanigans at the Dome but Gedo has been booker for years now & you know he's a Memphis mark so just accept it for what it is.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

karmicknight posted:

MOTYC: IWGP United States Heavyweight Title Match: Jon Moxley vs. Lance Archer, 1/04 Wrestle Kingdom 14

Seconded, along with the Ospreay/Hiromu match

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Rarity posted:

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

MOTY: Hiromu vs Ospreay WK 14 1/4
MOTY: Okada vs Kota WK 14 1/4

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MOTYC: Kazuchika Okada (C) vs. Kota Ibushi for the IWGP Heavyweight Championship - NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 14 Night 1

Absolutely incredible from the entrances to the outfits to the wrestling to the character work to the facial expressions to the ending. Just the absolute best possible wrestling from the best possible wrestlers in the world today.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Kazuchika Okada (C) vs. Kota Ibushi for the IWGP Heavyweight Championship - NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 14 Night 1

Absolutely incredible from the entrances to the outfits to the wrestling to the character work to the facial expressions to the ending. Just the absolute best possible wrestling from the best possible wrestlers in the world today.

yah

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MOTYC: OKada vs Ibushi Wrestle Kingdom 14

Yeah that was amazing. Finish was just off the chart

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Jerusalem posted:

NTH

Wrestling perfection. Emotionally draining.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Jerusalem posted:

2nd

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

MOTYC: OKADA VS IBUSHI, WK14, JAN 4TH
this might be the best loving match I’ve ever seen, holy loving Christ

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

Nth, end sequence was loving horrifying and amazing at the same time, what a tide

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

nth

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

Nth. Bloody hell

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
MOTYC: Kota Ibushi vs. Kazuchika Okada, NJPW Wrestle Kingdom, 04/01

God walks among us and his name is Kazuchika Okada

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

TTBF posted:

Close the thread, not even Okada has a chance at beating this.

Lol @ this post and doubting the loving Rainmaker

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

Jerusalem posted:

nth jfc

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah, I might have been premature when I said Ospreay/Hiromu would be the match of the night. This was an absolute loving classic.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Yup

That was the match this reign of Okada needed

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Unironically calling this match of the decade because i guarantee this is in my top 5 of the 2020s.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

ospreay/hiromu had a great 109 minute run as moty

MOTYC: Kazuchika Okada vs Kota Ibushi - January 4, 2020 NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 14 at The Tokyo Dome

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Jan 4, 2020

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Rarity posted:

MOTYC: Kota Ibushi vs. Kazuchika Okada, NJPW Wrestle Kingdom, 04/01

God walks among us and his name is Kazuchika Okada

Nth.

This match had some really cool moves but it really had me with every staredown, every smirk and every vacant stare into the distance as Kota Ibushi was getting his murder on. I loved this

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

2 Nights for Wrestle Kingdom was the right call as all the big matches got the time needed

And we get more tomorrow

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

extradite THIS! posted:

Lol @ this post and doubting the loving Rainmaker

I stand by it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
All from wk 4/1

HM Archer v Mox
Motyc: Hiromu v Ospreay
Motyc: white v Naito
Motyc: Okada v Ibushi

Honestly three 5 star matches in a row and the main event is right up there as Okadas best match.