Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
MOTYC: EVIL vs. YOSHI-HASHI, NJPW G1 Climax Night 4, 24/09

Yes barsbay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

WMOTYC
24th September
NJPW G1 Climax
EVIL vs YOSHI-HASHI

They spent half the match in YH's trash finisher & then it descended into the usual boring EVIL match interference/cheating/ref bump fest. So done with it.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Rarity posted:

MOTYC: EVIL vs. YOSHI-HASHI, NJPW G1 Climax Night 4, 24/09

Yes barsbay

I'll go with HM but it was a great performance from tacos

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

forkboy84 posted:

They spent half the match in YH's trash finisher

It was like 3 minutes

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Rarity posted:

It was like 3 minutes

That's even worse, it was 3 minutes that felt like 10. Torturous.

TBH it wasn't awful so much as it was boring as hell but that should be enough imo

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

I'll go with HM but it was a great performance from tacos

I'd agree with HM, I thought YOSHI-HASHI looked great, even if his face remains permanently... well, YOSHI-HASHI.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

HM YOSHi-HASHI vs EVIL, NJPW G1 Climax 2020-09-24

I believed.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Tetsuya Naito, NJPW G1 Climax Night 4, 24/09

Slow for the most part but a heck of a closing stretch

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

HM: Zack Sabre Jr vs. Tetsuya Naito - NJPW G1 Climax 30 Night 4 9/24

It was good and then it got great, and I bit on basically EVERY false finish they had.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Rarity posted:

HM: Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Tetsuya Naito, NJPW G1 Climax Night 4, 24/09

Slow for the most part but a heck of a closing stretch

2nd

Show really needed that match to deliver & I think it started pretty disappointingly it got good when it kicked into gear.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
NJPW G1 Climax 30 Night 4 - 9/24

HMs
Juice Robinson vs KENTA
Toru Yano vs Hiroshi Tanahashi
EVIL vs YOSHI-HASHI
Zack Sabre Jr. vs Tetsuya Naito

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

It was good and then it got great, and I bit on basically EVERY false finish they had.

nthed. Bit of a slow start but the amazing final stretch more than made up for it.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Just watched this

MOTYC
Katsuhiko Nakajima vs Kenoh
Kaito Kiyomiya vs Masaaki Mochizuki

HM
Go Shiozaki vs Manabu Soya

Definitely recommend the show overall if you have 2.5 hours. The opening tag match is probably the worst thing on the card

I love Nakajima

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Dango Bango posted:

HM: Jon Moxley vs. Eddie Kingston - AEW Dynamite 9/23

CHOP CHOP CHOP CHOP

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Juice Robinson vs. KENTA - NJPW G1 Climax 30 Night 4 9/24

Really good match, lots of energy, and that finish was spectacular.

Aesculus posted:

HM YOSHi-HASHI vs EVIL, NJPW G1 Climax 2020-09-24

I believed.

Jerusalem posted:

nth

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Dango Bango posted:

CHOP CHOP CHOP CHOP

Nth

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

HM - NOAH N-1 Victory 23rd September (Evening Show)
Kaito Kiyomiya vs Kazushi Sakuraba
Go Shiozaki vs Masaaki Mochizuki

Really all four block matches were great, watch them here for the next week free. Kenoh/Marufuji and Nakajima/Suguira are well worth a watch if you have the time.

Wrestling is good, and tournament season is even better.

Nth

HM
Katsuhiko Nakajima vs Takashi Sugiura
Kenoh vs Naomichi Marufuji

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
HMs for

Yoshi Hashi vs EVIL
Juice vs KENTA
Naito vs ZSJ

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

HM: Hirooki Goto vs. SANADA - NJPW G1 Climax 30 Night 4 9/24
HM: YOSHI-HASHI vs. EVIL - NJPW G1 Climax 30 Night 4 9/24
HM: Tetsuya Naito vs. Zack Sabre Jr. - NJPW G1 Climax 30 Night 4 9/24

Last match was juuuuuust short of being MOTYC. Nothing from Night 3 really was to my liking.

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

HM: Hirooki Goto vs. SANADA - NJPW G1 Climax 30 Night 4 9/24
HM: YOSHI-HASHI vs. EVIL - NJPW G1 Climax 30 Night 4 9/24
MOTYC: Tetsuya Naito vs. Zack Sabre Jr. - NJPW G1 Climax 30 Night 4 9/24

I recognize that I’m a ZSJ fanboy but I really enjoyed that. Zack spends more time than anyone else trying to counter big moves even when he takes the bumps.

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Dango Bango posted:

CHOP CHOP CHOP CHOP

Also nth.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

MOTYC: YOSHI-HASHI vs EVIL

Absolutely incredible match and one of my favourite babyface performances of the year. Sad to see that Rarity is the only other person with refined taste here.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

HMs for

Yoshi Hashi vs EVIL
Juice vs KENTA
Naito vs ZSJ

Yeah agreed on all these

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Sad to see that Rarity is the only other person with refined taste here.

Much like when we were Taichi fans in 2018 we're just ahead of the curve

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

I Before E posted:

HM: Scorpio Sky vs Ben Carter, AEW Late Night Dynamite, aired 9/23/20

I'll nth this.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
G1 Climax Night 4 [9/24]
MOTYC
EVIL vs YOSHI-HASHI - I really liked this. We dunk on Y-H a lot, and it's absolutely for good reason, but when the stars align just right, he's capable of putting on a great match as a valiant underdog babyface.

HM
KENTA vs Juice Robinson - Not quite up to what I figured these two would be able to do together but still a very good, high energy match. I can't say I'm doing great in the predictions but somehow I could just tell this would be Juice's big upset win for the year (assuming it's his only one).
Tetsuya Naito vs Zack Sabre Jr. - Was a pretty slow match until the last couple of sequences, which bumped it into HM territory. They got there by the end but I maybe would've trimmed 4 or 5 minutes out of the middle.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

G1 Climax Night 5 [9/27]
MOTYC Ibushi Ishii

God it's so loving great. Ishii just gets the best out of everyone, gloriously violent.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

HMMOTYC: Kota Ibushi vs. Tomohiro Ishii - NJPW G1 Climax 30 Night 5 9/27

So much innovative stuff in amongst the normal (excellent) match structure both guys bring to their usual matches. Their chemistry together is superb.

Edit: On second thoughts I'm upgrading, the postmatch stuff added to an already excellent match and I think I was unfairly pulling it down a bit because of the - by necessity - quieter than normal crowd.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Sep 27, 2020

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Spuckuk posted:

G1 Climax Night 5 [9/27]
MOTYC Ibushi Ishii

God it's so loving great. Ishii just gets the best out of everyone, gloriously violent.

nth

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Spuckuk posted:

G1 Climax Night 5 [9/27]
MOTYC Ibushi Ishii

Yes

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Spuckuk posted:

G1 Climax Night 5 [9/27]
MOTYC Ibushi Ishii

Yeah, Nth for MOTYC. That was really great.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Spuckuk posted:

G1 Climax Night 5 [9/27]
MOTYC Ibushi Ishii

Nth

I was waffling between HM and MOTYC and then that headbutt hit. I knew what I had to do

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I'll HM Kota Ibushi vs Tomohiro Ishii - NJPW G1 Climax 30 Night 5

and

HM Mei Suruga/Yuna Mizumori vs Riho/Emi Sakura - Gatoh Move/ChocoPro LIVE 50, 9/27

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

HM: Shingo Takagi vs. Will Ospreay - NJPW G1 Climax 30 Night 5 9/27

Really, really good match full of a ton of innovative offense, counters and big moves (and some sweet loving lariats). These two haven't lost a step since they last met as Junior Heavyweights, the only thing missing from this match was a crowd being allowed to lose their loving minds.

HM: Kazuchika Okada vs. Switchblade Jay White - NJPW G1 Climax 30 Night 5 9/27

These two never fail to deliver, this was another great match and the ending was top notch.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 10:17 on Sep 27, 2020

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
G1 Climax Night 5 [9/27]
MOTYC
Tomohiro Ishii vs Kota Ibushi - I have no insightful commentary for this match. They hit each other a lot. It whipped rear end. Watch it. This was easily the match of the tournament so far.

HM
Jay White vs Kazuchika Okada - Okada and his fuckin' money clip dragging big match Jay down to HM level, smdh (v. good match though)

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Spuckuk posted:

G1 Climax Night 5 [9/27]
MOTYC Ibushi Ishii

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Shingo Takagi vs. Will Ospreay - NJPW G1 Climax 30 Night 5 9/27

Really, really good match full of a ton of innovative offense, counters and big moves (and some sweet loving lariats). These two haven't lost a step since they last met as Junior Heavyweights, the only thing missing from this match was a crowd being allowed to lose their loving minds.

These two never fail to deliver, this was another great match and the ending was top notch.

nth

bartok
May 10, 2006

Spuckuk posted:

G1 Climax Night 5 [9/27]
MOTYC Ibushi Ishii

nth

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
MOTYC: Kota Ibushi vs. Tomohiro Ishii, NJPW G1 Climax Night 5, 27/09
HM: Will Ospreay vs. Shingo Takagi, NJPW G1 Climax Night 5, 27/09
HM: Kazuchika Okada vs. Jay White, NJPW G1 Climax Night 5, 27/09

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Spuckuk posted:

G1 Climax Night 5 [9/27]
MOTYC Ibushi Ishii

Jerusalem posted:

Nth these. Okada/White hit MOTYC for me from a storytelling perspective, but the story they’re telling detracts from Okada's greatness. I’m enjoying it, though!

Also:

HM: Suzuki/Cobb, NJPW G1 Climax Night 5 9/27

Suzuki getting excited about a bit of mat wrestling to start is right up Thanlis Alley, and the match progressed just fine from there.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I'm going to HM this with an asterisk.

9/27: Clash of Champions, Sami Zayn vs AJ Styles vs Jeff Hardy in a Ladder Match

They wrestled well in the WWE environment, they had a really silly gimmick in the middle of the match, but whether I was laughing at them or with them I was entertained. Of course all three guys have had several better ladder matches each, but in the WWE bubble in the year 2020 I thought it was dumb fun that I'd watch again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

RealFoxy posted:

I'm going to HM this with an asterisk.

9/27: Clash of Champions, Sami Zayn vs AJ Styles vs Jeff Hardy in a Ladder Match

They wrestled well in the WWE environment, they had a really silly gimmick in the middle of the match, but whether I was laughing at them or with them I was entertained. Of course all three guys have had several better ladder matches each, but in the WWE bubble in the year 2020 I thought it was dumb fun that I'd watch again

2nded