Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Gatoh Move actually has championships but I'm pretty sure the Super Asia Belt has been vacant since Riho left.

Oh right! Well obviously Big Mom Emi is just scared of putting it on another talent and it catapulting them into worldwide fame and then leaving her like Riho did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Rarity posted:

MOTYC: The Elite/FTR vs. The Dark Order, AEW Dynamite, 05/08
HM: Best Friends vs. Santana/Ortiz, AEW Dynamite, 05/08
HM: Cody/Matt Cardona vs. John Silver/Alex Reynolds, AEW Dynamite, 05/08
MOTYC: Jon Moxley vs. Darby Allin, AEW Dynamite, 05/08

:hai:

Absolutely fantastic show this week.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Rarity posted:

nth

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i need to catch the first hour of dynamite but HM to moxley vs darby on dynamite aug 5

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Rarity posted:

Nth

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Rarity posted:

Seconded

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Rarity posted:

Nth

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

AEW Dynamite, 05/08
MOTYC: The Elite/FTR vs. The Dark Order
HM: Best Friends vs. Santana/Ortiz
HM: Cody/Cardona vs. Silver/Reynolds
HM: Jon Moxley vs. Darby Allin

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Gatoh Move actually has championships but I'm pretty sure the Super Asia Belt has been vacant since Riho left.

Yep; don't think they've even mentioned the thing since so perhaps they've forgotten about it.

They also have the Asia Dream Tag Titles (which Emi currently holds with Kaori Yoneyama, winning them in the last show with fans) and also Emi Sakura is the 3CW Women's Champion - a belt from a random Britwres promotion that died after Emi won the thing so she's defended that at Gatoh Move shows before. They used to also use the IWA Title (I think the main belt of IWA:Japan, the death match-based promotion that Emi initially debuted with) but I think they dropped that when they debuted the Super Asia which is a shame; the idea of the main Gatoh Move title being some old random belt that Dick Slater and Jim Duggan had held in the past is incredibly funny.

I think they are smart going without belts: its let them do interesting show-to-show stories that having to book around belts and building up title matches would disrupt.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

IceAgeComing posted:

Yep; don't think they've even mentioned the thing since so perhaps they've forgotten about it.

They also have the Asia Dream Tag Titles (which Emi currently holds with Kaori Yoneyama, winning them in the last show with fans) and also Emi Sakura is the 3CW Women's Champion - a belt from a random Britwres promotion that died after Emi won the thing so she's defended that at Gatoh Move shows before. They used to also use the IWA Title (I think the main belt of IWA:Japan, the death match-based promotion that Emi initially debuted with) but I think they dropped that when they debuted the Super Asia which is a shame; the idea of the main Gatoh Move title being some old random belt that Dick Slater and Jim Duggan had held in the past is incredibly funny.

I think they are smart going without belts: its let them do interesting show-to-show stories that having to book around belts and building up title matches would disrupt.

honestly it is refreshing in a way just to see cool matchups and there to not be arbitrary stakes

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i think i know how i want to mentally parse my favorite matches now. im gonna give myself 3 categories, singles match, tag team match, and multiman match. whatever i nominate for MOTYC is what i think is the MOTY in that category, since different match types yield a different psychology and style.

also HM to Elite+Hangman+FTR vs Dark Order from Dynamite

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

All the Dynamite stuff is caught up in the OP, Moxley/Darby reached the MOTY threshold, and Best Friends/PnP and Cody+Cardona/Dark Order reached the HM one

extradite THIS! posted:

Yeah let’s get more Gatoh Move up up in this motherfucker

Someday soon I intend on bingeing a lot of the Youtube stuff, I'm completely behind. Very glad it's archived

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
MOTYC: Nagata vs Suzuki, July 31 NJPW Summer Struggle

what a bad rear end match

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

HM: Golden Ace & Master Wato vs. Dangerous Tekkers & Yoshinobu Kanemaru - NJPW Summer Struggle (8/7)

This story is so so good and this was one of the most emotionally gripping matches of the year. Also Master Wato showed his stuff. I just think he's neat.

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

HM: Golden Ace & Master Wato vs. Dangerous Tekkers & Yoshinobu Kanemaru - NJPW Summer Struggle (8/7)

This story is so so good and this was one of the most emotionally gripping matches of the year. Also Master Wato showed his stuff. I just think he's neat.

HM nth for the emotional weight.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
WMOTYC: Stuka and Guerrero Maya vs Vangellys and Okumura, CMLL 8/7

It's like CMLL wanted to start this show with the two worst matches they could and Vangellys is just lovely enough to edge out the first match to be memorably lovely instead of just boring.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

HM: Yuka Sakazaki Vs Nodoka Tenma / TOKYO JOSHI PRO “TOKYO PRINCESS CUP”, 08/08/2020

Nodoka tries her damnedest not to fall pray to Yuka.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

J-Ro posted:

HM: Yuka Sakazaki Vs Nodoka Tenma / TOKYO JOSHI PRO “TOKYO PRINCESS CUP”, 08/08/2020

Nodoka tries her damnedest not to fall pray to Yuka.

I'll go with you on this one. Her gameplan was to take an asskicking and also dish out an asskicking

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: Go Shiozaki (c) vs. Akitoshi Saito for the GHC Heavyweight Championship - NOAH GO FORWARD (6/14)

Nth, reading up on their history gave it a strong narrative for me despite the commentary being in Japanese.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

HM: King of DDT Rd 1 08/08/20

Minoru Tanaka Vs Soma Takao
Tetsuya Endo Vs Akito

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

HM: Golden Aces and Master Wato vs Tomohiro Ishii, Hirooki Goto and YOSHI-HASHI, NJPW Summer Struggle 08/08/2020

This ruled a lot, had a ton of YOSHI-HASHI vs Wato, and still ruled a lot. Or maybe it ruled because of it

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

extradite THIS! posted:

HM: Golden Aces and Master Wato vs Tomohiro Ishii, Hirooki Goto and YOSHI-HASHI, NJPW Summer Struggle 08/08/2020

This ruled a lot, had a ton of YOSHI-HASHI vs Wato, and still ruled a lot. Or maybe it ruled because of it

Nth, YH vs Wato ruled

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

extradite THIS! posted:

3rd

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

extradite THIS! posted:

Will nth this. Surprisingly good.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: Karl Fredericks vs KENTA, NJPW Strong, 07/08

KENTA hasn't been able to punch anybody in 6 months and he's real mad about it

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Rarity posted:

HM: Karl Fredericks vs KENTA, NJPW Strong, 07/08

KENTA hasn't been able to punch anybody in 6 months and he's real mad about it

Nth. This was a good showing from Fredericks, followed by an out and out shitkicking from KENTA. As a sidebar I am now certain that his haircut is another way of making the audience hate him.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Lamuella posted:

As a sidebar I am now certain that his haircut is another way of making the audience hate him.

Really bad strategy, how could anyone possibly hate hair that glorious?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I thought Karl looked pretty bad, his stomps and kicks are awful. Shibata was right to demand better of him.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

extradite THIS! posted:

nth

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: Golden Aces/Master Wato vs. Tomohiro Ishii/Hirooki Goto/YOSHI-HASHI, NJPW Summer Struggle, 08/08

Wato wrestled YOSHI-HASHI and it was great

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

extradite THIS! posted:

nth

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

extradite THIS! posted:

I will add my vote for this match.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

I thought Karl looked pretty bad, his stomps and kicks are awful. Shibata was right to demand better of him.

Agreed. Karl still has a ways to go before he feels like he fits in with the big boys.

On a similar note, today was the first time that Master Wato felt like he really belonged. Nth to that 6-man for sure.

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

extradite THIS! posted:

Nth!

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

MOTYC: Toshiyuki Sakuda vs. Jun Kasai - FREEDOMS Tokyo Deathmatch Carnival 2020 Vol. 1 (7/28)

This is easily the deathmatch MOTY and probably the best crowd of the covid era. Sakuda shushing the crowd to make sure they don't chant for Kasai during his entrance owned. Kasai is a legend but Sakuda is quickly becoming one of the best and most creative deathmatch wrestlers in the world.

As always, it's a Sakuda match so the disclaimer of not to watch if the idea of a man (or two) having a metal skewer stabbed through both cheeks doesn't sound like your cup of tea. They wrestled ten whole minutes with those skewers in

I'll edit in a direct link to the match later but for now here is the whole show (which I recommend anyway. The main event would be an easy MOTYC if not for the shoot ref stoppage)

https://twitter.com/b3rt4/status/1292143347365285888?s=19

E: here's the full match but I'll leave up the whole show. The new hardcam on the balcony at Korakuen is nice. It's not on the video but there was a minute long round of applause after the match

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IyzN2dRK0I

GEORGE W BUSHI fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Aug 9, 2020

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

hm: lulupencil vs Ryo mizunami chocopro Aug 9

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
HM: AKIRA vs Jimmy Lloyd, ICW NHB5 8/8

This was so wacky.

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Aug 9, 2020

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I'm gonna nominate the main event too. I don't think the legit ref stoppage hurt it and the rematch is going to bang

MOTYC: Toru Sugiura (c) vs. Masashi Takeda in a MADNESS HELL DUNGEON for the King of Freedoms World Championship - FREEDOMS Tokyo Deathmatch Carnival Vol. 1 (7/28)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bSp22e3Xjo

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

HM: Maki Itoh Vs Yuki Kamifuku / TOKYO JOSHI PRO “TOKYO PRINCESS CUP, NIGHT 2”, 08/09/2020

In which both Maki and Yuki work pretty drat snug right from the get-go and it gets intense real fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

JOHN CENA posted:

hm: lulupencil vs Ryo mizunami chocopro Aug 9

J-Ro posted:

HM: Maki Itoh Vs Yuki Kamifuku / TOKYO JOSHI PRO “TOKYO PRINCESS CUP, NIGHT 2”, 08/09/2020

In which both Maki and Yuki work pretty drat snug right from the get-go and it gets intense real fast.

SECONDED.

Also HM: Yuki Aino vs. Rika Tatsumi, TJPW Tokyo Princess Cup Night 2 8/9/