Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

extradite THIS! posted:

HM: Golden Aces and Master Wato vs Tomohiro Ishii, Hirooki Goto and YOSHI-HASHI, NJPW Summer Struggle 08/08/2020

This ruled a lot, had a ton of YOSHI-HASHI vs Wato, and still ruled a lot. Or maybe it ruled because of it

Yeah that was a fun 6 man tag and all aboard YOSHI-HASHI Never 6 man champion train

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

MOTYC: Rina Yamashita vs. Risa Sera for the FantastICE Championship - Ice Ribbon Yokohama Buntai FINAL (8/9)

Absolutely amazing match. It began with Rina Yamashita riding to the ring on the back of Manami Toyota's motorcycle waving a light tube around and got better from there. They started with the funnier stuff like motorcycle lariats and Risa Sera's husband being used as a weapon before they started swinging the chairs and light tubes at each other. Some super scary ladder spots and Rina ended up bleeding a lot. These are the two coolest wrestlers in joshi by far.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
MOTYC: Kazuchika Okada/Toru Yano/SHO vs. Tomohiro Ishii/Hirooki Goto/YOSHI-HASHI, NJPW Summer Struggle, 09/08

My head says HM, my heart says MOTYC

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Rarity posted:

MOTYC: Kazuchika Okada/Toru Yano/SHO vs. Tomohiro Ishii/Hirooki Goto/YOSHI-HASHI, NJPW Summer Struggle, 09/08

I could have done with less Goto and Yano, but nth.

Get Back Up

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Rarity posted:

Nth it was lovely

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Rarity posted:

I’m gonna go with the Headhunter and say it was a HM. Excellent match that made me want a Y-H vs Okada rematch plus Ishii vs SHO. The moment with all of CHAOS in the ring celebrating together ruled so much

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

Rarity posted:

Nth - with the same caveat. The post-match pushed it over the top for me.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
HM: Kotaro Suzuki (c) vs YO-HEY for the GHC Jr. Heavyweight Championship, NOAH Stay Together Forever! Day 2 (7/19)

Pretty good athletic showing, some cool nearfalls.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Always follow your heart, not your head in pro wrestling

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Price Check posted:

Nth - with the same caveat. The post-match pushed it over the top for me.

Agreed for the Nth.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Always follow your heart, not your head in pro wrestling

Goto will be IWGP champ one day :unsmith:

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Rarity posted:

Nth

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

SG Bamboo posted:

I could have done with less ... Yano
mods

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Rarity posted:

nth

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Aug 9, 2020

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

extradite THIS! posted:

I’m gonna go with the Headhunter and say it was a HM. Excellent match that made me want a Y-H vs Okada rematch plus Ishii vs SHO. The moment with all of CHAOS in the ring celebrating together ruled so much

Nth for HM. I can’t give MOTYC to a six man tag with one guy there purely for comedy. Unavoidable given coronavirus but it took the match down just a notch.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Thanlis posted:

Nth for HM. I can’t give MOTYC to a six man tag with one guy there purely for comedy. Unavoidable given coronavirus but it took the match down just a notch.

Unfair summary of YOSHI-HASHI, he's more tragedy than comedy

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Thanlis posted:

Okada's comedy is good

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Rarity posted:

Yeah agreed...Super fun 6 man

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: Rina Yamashita vs. Risa Sera for the FantastICE Championship - Ice Ribbon Yokohama Buntai FINAL (8/9)

Absolutely amazing match. It began with Rina Yamashita riding to the ring on the back of Manami Toyota's motorcycle waving a light tube around and got better from there. They started with the funnier stuff like motorcycle lariats and Risa Sera's husband being used as a weapon before they started swinging the chairs and light tubes at each other. Some super scary ladder spots and Rina ended up bleeding a lot. These are the two coolest wrestlers in joshi by far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7JmTzJ2tTY

Here it is in Nico quality, there should be a SamuraiTV version in a few weeks

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Chris James 2 posted:

Okada's comedy is good

I miss the balloons op

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

MOTYC: Go Shiozaki vs. KENOH Pro Wrestling NOAH The Chronicle Volume 3 08/10/2020

Went into the match knowing almost nothing about either guy, came out of it wanting to know everything.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

MOTYC
10th August
Pro Wrestling NOAH The Chronicle Volume 3
GHC Heavyweight & GHC National titles
Go Shiozaki (c) vs Kenoh (c)

So this was some loving match. It felt epic. I really strongly recommend that in the next 7 days you go on to Abema & watch this while it's free because you won't regret it. Just watch it now, before you hear anything about it. About 120k were watching on Abema live which rules.

If you really need to know anything more than that, Go Shiozaki is NOAH trueborn, debuting in 2005. He won the GHC HW title for the first time in 2009, 1 day after Misawa died. He's now on his 4th reign. He does big meaty chops & lariats (he was a Kobashi disciple & teamed with him many times), has a beautiful moonsault press. He's also one half of my favourite current tag team, AXIZ, with Katsuhiko Nakajima. Kenoh is the outsider with a chip on his shoulder the size of Jupiter, he was trained by Jinsei Shinzaki (remember Hakushi from WWF? Him) in Michinoku Pro, but has been a regular for NOAH since 2014. He's only held the HW title once, & only won the National title last week from Katsuhiko Nakajima. Kenoh is an angry, smug prick who heads a stable of smug pricks, Kongo. He's always looking to fight everyone, once he was fighting NOAH's owners LIDET, then when they sold up he started attacking CyberAgent & Sanshiro Takagi (& appeared on DDT's Peter Pan in a 6 man tag against Takagi). The GHC HW title is the one held by the NOAH greats & goes back to 2001, the National title was just created last year & Kenoh is the third man to hold the title.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Aug 10, 2020

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

V. sad the Abema app doesn’t seem to support Chromecast

I shall watch it though. I presume it is the main event?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

extradite THIS! posted:

V. sad the Abema app doesn’t seem to support Chromecast

I shall watch it though. I presume it is the main event?

Aye. https://abema.tv/video/title/517-1

They haven't uploaded the last 2 matches yet but they'll get there.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Spuckuk posted:

MOTYC: Go Shiozaki vs. KENOH Pro Wrestling NOAH The Chronicle Volume 3 08/10/2020

Went into the match knowing almost nothing about either guy, came out of it wanting to know everything.

Yeah, loving thirded

It was a sick rear end match between two absolute madlads as a whole but I just want to say I greatly enjoyed Kenoh’s bastard hell kicks

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Kenoh is absolutely my favourite kickboy. He's so loving vicious. To me he's one of the most under-rated guys out there right now, he's consistently good, has a very simple but enjoyable character that he just has mastered & the man kicks you like no one else.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

forkboy84 posted:

Kenoh is absolutely my favourite kickboy. He's so loving vicious. To me he's one of the most under-rated guys out there right now, he's consistently good, has a very simple but enjoyable character that he just has mastered & the man kicks you like no one else.

What are some other recommended KENOH matches, I need to see more kicks that feel like my skin is peeling off

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

extradite THIS! posted:

What are some other recommended KENOH matches, I need to see more kicks that feel like my skin is peeling off

No real order to this

So I'd start off with the match last week, where Kenoh became the GHC National Champion against Shiozaki's tag partner
Then there's this older Kenoh vs Nakajima match, from the 2017 Global League. Look how weird his hair is not long!
Back to 2019 for this battle with an older kick boy, Masaaki Mochizuki from the N1 which I remember being great
This was from the first NOAH show of 2019 & the first defence of future ace Kiyomiya. There's a real sense of big brother/little brother rivalry with these two & it can make Kenoh vicious. If you like this, I'd also check out their match from November 2019.
2018, Sugiura is the GHC Champ, he won the belt from Kenoh in March, 3 months & 2 defences so far & Kenoh wants his rematch after beating Kiyomiya for the #1 contenders. Sugiura loving rules

Last & not least Kenoh challenges Eddie Edwards for the GHC HW Title

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Thank you very much my dude. If I like these matches I’m pretty sure I have a new favorite boy

Edit: watching the first match you linked and it’s really funny how the ring announcer says KENOH’s name. ”Gyeeeehhhnnnnnnn....oooooooooooohhhh”. It’s not that complicated my man. He did it in the Shiozaki match too

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Aug 11, 2020

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I watched the Nakajima match and the Eddie Edwards one because I can Chromecast YouTube on the nice screen. I also saw he has a background in kempo and through that figured out that his name is literally FIST KING. He is my new favorite

I will also nth this

forkboy84 posted:

MOTYC
PRO Wrestling NOAH Departure 2020 Night 1
GHC National Championship
Katsuhiko Nakajima (c) vs Kenoh

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

MOTYC
10th August

So this was some loving match. It felt epic. I really strongly recommend that in the next 7 days you go on to Abema & watch this while it's free because you won't regret it. Just watch it now, before you hear anything about it. About 120k were watching on Abema live which rules.

If you really need to know anything more than that, Go Shiozaki is NOAH trueborn, debuting in 2005. He won the GHC HW title for the first time in 2009, 1 day after Misawa died. He's now on his 4th reign. He does big meaty chops & lariats (he was a Kobashi disciple & teamed with him many times), has a beautiful moonsault press. He's also one half of my favourite current tag team, AXIZ, with Katsuhiko Nakajima. Kenoh is the outsider with a chip on his shoulder the size of Jupiter, he was trained by Jinsei Shinzaki (remember Hakushi from WWF? Him) in Michinoku Pro, but has been a regular for NOAH since 2014. He's only held the HW title once, & only won the National title last week from Katsuhiko Nakajima. Kenoh is an angry, smug prick who heads a stable of smug pricks, Kongo. He's always looking to fight everyone, once he was fighting NOAH's owners LIDET, then when they sold up he started attacking CyberAgent & Sanshiro Takagi (& appeared on DDT's Peter Pan in a 6 man tag against Takagi). The GHC HW title is the one held by the NOAH greats & goes back to 2001, the National title was just created last year & Kenoh is the third man to hold the title.

Before this gets lost among a see of AEW nominations, just posting a link for this: https://abema.tv/channels/fighting-sports/slots/Dd3gtJdQtXgqMZ

Main event starts at about 3:03:30 with entrances & all. Strongly recommend this. Having watched back I'm pretty confident saying this is my MOTY so far.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

forkboy84 posted:

MOTYC
10th August

Nth. This was easily the best match I've seen during the pandemic era and probably one of the two best matches I've seen all year.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

forkboy84 posted:

MOTYC
10th August

Nth. Glad I made the time to watch this, it was awesome. I absolutely love matches where you can feel the exhaustion as the match wears on both guys, really made me feel like I was watching a war. I'm loving everything i'm seeing from Kenoh, that buzzsaw kick and follow up double stomp around 45 minutes in was loving vicious.

I'm still thinking Arisa/Asuka is my match of the year, but this is certainly up there with Beef Tag (New Years Dash) and Okabayashi/Yoshida (2AW) in my top 5.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

From Dragon Gate's 8/12 Korakuen Hall

HM: Ultimo Dragon, Naruki Doi, Dragon Kid, and Shuji Kondo vs. Kzy, Ben-K, Strong Machine J, and U-T

Nothing too spectacular but real fun match. Come for Kondo and Ben-K slapping meat, stay for Naruki Doi's Bakatare Sliding Kick Senton.

HM: Kota Minoura, Jason Lee, and Dragon Dia vs. Kaito Ishida, Diamante, and H・Y・O

Both of the big card-filling multi-mans tonight were a ton of fun. I love the absolutely dickish way Ishida grapevines the leg for his ankle lock.

HM: Six-way Elimination Survival Match - Masato Yoshino vs. YAMATO vs. KAI vs. Eita vs. BxB Hulk vs. Big R Shimizu

Very fun match to decide the order of entry for the cage match at Dangerous Gate. Carried by lots of entertaining character dynamics as we head towards the DoA Clusterfuck.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

nthing the poo poo out of this; loving incredible match. Not one for those that don't like blood or dangerous poo poo (does it count as a shoot headbutt if there's a group of light tubes in between?) but if you don't mind that stuff then you'll love this match. Will also quote the link again since you really should watch this

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7JmTzJ2tTY

Here it is in Nico quality, there should be a SamuraiTV version in a few weeks

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
2nd August
2AW Grand Slam In Korakuen Hall
2AW Openweight Title
Ayato Yoshida (c) vs Shu Asakawa

Yoshida has a killer looking backdrop driver. But this is more than that, there's a silly PK exchange that ends with a chin lock and eye gouge which was pretty fun. Asakawa held up his end here and hit back hard but honestly 2AW is the Yoshida promotion. I continue to be very high on Yoshida and wish he was still in the Champion Carnival.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

The bowing to Toyota after the bike lariat was very wholesome and then the rest if the match was extremely the opposite of wholesome. Was impressed by Risa wearing long trousers and having arms covered up, all quite sensible for a match with so many light tubes. And then she runs knees first into a steel chair...

The ladder suplex felt a bit contrived but then you have the light tube headbutt which sounded vicious and then Rina breaks some over her own head which is kind of silly but also cool which I guess makes it a perfect wrestling bit. As was Rina punching the tubes on Risa after they refused to smash from an elbow drop.

And then Risa brought back Chekhov's gun weird fan shaped lighttube contraption and I'm glad she did.

This was gnarly and not for everyone and I'm kind of glad for the lower video quality for how cut up they ended but got to 3rd this.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

HM: The Young Bucks vs. The Dark Order (Uno & Grayson): AEW Dynamite 8/12

What a great, exciting opener to kick off the show, both sides were tremendous.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Seconding. Match owned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Jerusalem posted:

Nth please