Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
HM: CHAOS (Hirooki Goto, Tomohiro Ishii, YOSHI-HASHI, and Yuya Uemura) vs. CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada, YTR, SHO, and Gabriel Kidd) New Japan Road 09.09

Super fun tag with super hard-hitting action.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Cerebral Bore posted:

HM: CHAOS (Hirooki Goto, Tomohiro Ishii, YOSHI-HASHI, and Yuya Uemura) vs. CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada, YTR, SHO, and Gabriel Kidd) New Japan Road 09.09

I'll second that, they teased a strong potential G1 match-up, some inner-faction issues, and the postmatch segment was particularly good too.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: Hirooki Goto/Tomohiro Ishii/YOSHI-HASHI/Yuya Uemura vs. Kazuchika Okada/SHO/Toru Yano/Gabriel Kidd, NJPW New Japan Road, 09/09

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Cerebral Bore posted:

Nth this

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Cerebral Bore posted:

Nth, CHAOS mirrors are nearly as good as Suzuki-gun ones

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Dragon Gate's Storm Gate 2020 at Korakeun Hall, 9/9

HM: Ultimo Dragon, Don Fujii & Shuji Kondo vs. Kento Kobune, Taketo Kamei, & Madoka Kikuta

An admirable little addition to the "Old Men Beat Up Young Boys" genre of Puro. The hope spots for the youngsters here was fantastic as was Kondo's complete disdain for them in the finishing stretch.

HM: Naruki Doi, Dragon Kid, Susumu Yokosuka, & Kagetora vs. Kzy, Kota Minoura, Jason Lee, & U-T

The fun kind of spot-fest sprint that no company can do like Dragon Gate. I've been too busy to keep up with DG since the last Korakuen, so this was like coming home after a long day at work. Also during this match I had this horrible vision of an alternate universe where Jason Lee signed with WWE after the CWC and wasted away and stagnated on 205 Live and was now stuck in the US after getting fired in the middle of a pandemic.

HM: Ben-K & Dragon Dia vs. Kaito Ishida & KAZMA SAKAMOTO

Started slow but picked up real nice towards the end. That plus the post-match, setting up an Ishida/Maria Brave Gate match at Dangerous Gate and teasing Okuda as the Green Demon, pushed it up to HM for me. Kaito Ishida has been extremely good as the Brave Gate champ but he's almost too good to be the mid-card champ at this point.

MOTYC: ROAD to DANGEROUS GATE -Number change 6-man Tag Match- Big R Shimizu, Eita, & YAMATO vs. KAI, BxB Hulk, & Masato Yoshino

Not a workrate classic, but extremely fun character and story stuff. Match is part of the set up for the six way cage match at Dangerous Gate. Person who scores the pinfall can change their order of entry with anyone else or force two others to change their numbers if they're fine with what they've got. Tons of fun cross-faction, cross-team shenanigans, and the finish was amazing Technical wrestling master: Big R Shimizu

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

HM
6th September
Pro Wrestling NOAH The Spirit
Kongo (Kenoh, Katsuhiko Nakajima and Yoshiki Inamura) vs Go Shiozaki, Kaito Kiyomiya and Shuhei Taniguchi

Available to watch on Wrestle Universe, this was a fun little match which worked as a warm up to the N1, built on the recent split of AXIZ, the long term rivalry between Kiyomiya and Kenoh and the recent MOTY between Kenoh and Go. When Kenoh and Nakajima did the old AXIZ spot of Endless Love but with them both kicking, oh my god I popped so loud.

N1 is going to be real good, cannot wait

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Jurassic Express vs. Lucha Bros, 9/9 Dynamite

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Cerebral Bore posted:

HM: Ricky Starks vs Ben Carter AEW Dark 08.09

Quick but extremely solid match between two extremely talented guys.

n

Punch McLightning posted:

n

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

3rd

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Cerebral Bore posted:

I am the only person on Earth who when they see the name "Gabriel Kidd" thinks NJPW signed ECW legend DJ Gabriel, because that's what they would have named him. It's not the first time my mind has played this trick on me.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

nth

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

I am the only person on Earth who when they see the name "Gabriel Kidd" thinks NJPW signed ECW legend DJ Gabriel, because that's what they would have named him. It's not the first time my mind has played this trick on me.

Like when you mixed up Maven and Raven

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

NienNunb posted:

Like when you mixed up Maven and Raven

I was right about that though.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

HM: Dustin Rhodes vs Brodie Lee: AEW Dynamite 09/09/2020

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

HM: Mr. Brodie (C) vs. Dustin Rhodes for the TNT Championship - AEW Dynamite 9/9

This was an awesome match between two big rear end dudes beating the poo poo out of each other, hell yeah.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Junpei Hyde posted:

big yeehaw

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Junpei Hyde posted:

Big Hoss Battle, nth

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Junpei Hyde posted:

nth

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Junpei Hyde posted:

nth

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Mr. Brodie (C) vs. Dustin Rhodes for the TNT Championship - AEW Dynamite 9/9

This was an awesome match between two big rear end dudes beating the poo poo out of each other, hell yeah.

Nth. That was a lot more fun than the quick squash I was expecting.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Junpei Hyde posted:

Yep. This match was real good.

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Cerebral Bore posted:

Nth!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I will second Dustin vs Brodie it was very good.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah agreed

Between Dustin, Nagata, and Suzuki that has to be one of the better years for over 50 wrestlers in terms of match quality

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

Sure, nth.
5th best match I watched today!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Time for a very belated update for July and August!

MOTY:
  • There have been 82 MOTYCs through to the end of August, with 26 happening over July and August (as opposed to 6 in June!)
  • 85% of the successful MOTYCs these last two months came from either AEW or New Japan. 0% came from WWE.
  • The breakdown of MOTYCs for July was New Japan (8), AEW (7), GatohMove/Chocopro (2), and IMPACT (1).
  • The breakdown of MOTYCs for August was New Japan (4), AEW (3), and NOAH (1).
  • AEW retains its overall lead with the most MOTYCs this year, but New Japan is breathing right down their neck in spite of sitting out a large chunk of the year... and the G1 is coming.
  • Seven matches registered enough votes to be listed as ALMOST making MOTY Status during July and August. The breakdown of these was New Japan (2), 2AW (1), AEW (1), GatohMove/Chocopro (1), GCW (1), and NOAH (1).
  • Fourteen matches received more than 1 MOTY vote but less than 4 over the last two months, a list of these will be included at the end of this post.

WMOTY:
  • There have been 31 WMOTYCs so far this year. 4 in January, 4 in February, 1 in March, 6 in April, 4 in May, 3 in June, 3 in July, and 3 in August.
  • The breakdown of WMOTYCs over July were WWE (2), and New Japan (1).
  • The breakdown of WMOTYCs over August were WWE (2), and AEW (1).
  • In July, the only matches that received more than 1 WMOTY vote but less than the 5 needed were: The Nightmare Sisters vs. Diamante & Rache Chanel (AEW); Jon Moxley vs. Brian Cage (AEW); & Aero Boy vs. Tristen Ramsey (IWA).
  • in August, the only match that received more than 1 WMOTY vote but less than the 5 needed was Kazuchika Okada vs. Yujiro Takahashi, Jado & Gedo - NJPW Summer Struggle (NJPW).

Honorable Mentions:
  • 38 matches received at least 1 honorable mention vote during July.
  • Of those, 20 received the 7 votes (or 4 MOTY votes) necessary to make the HM list.
  • The breakdown of HM votes for July was:
  • AEW: 8 | NJPW: 7 | GCW: 2 | 2AW: 1 | GatohMove/Chocopro: 1 | IMPACT: 1
  • 42 matches received at least 1 honorable mention vote during August.
  • Of those, 9 received the 7 votes (or 4 MOTY votes) necessary to make the HM list.
  • The breakdown of HM votes for August was:
  • AEW: 3 | NJPW: 3 | Dragon Gate: 1 | GatohMove/Chocopro: 1 | NOAH: 1 |

NOMINATIONS FOR JULY/AUGUST STILL NEEDING VOTES:

MOTYs with more than 1 vote (in bold are close to the threshold):
07/01 | SHO vs. SANADA - NJPW New Japan Cup Night 6 (3 votes)
07/02 | SANADA vs. Taichi - NJPW New Japan Cup Night 7 (4 votes)
07/04 | Yard Legends vs. New Yarders - GCW Back Yard Wrestling 2 (3 votes)
07/04 | That Man Nasty Leroy vs. DILFBOY DALTONO - GCW Back Yard Wrestling 2 (3 votes)
07/05 | Yuji Okabayashi vs. Ayato Yoshida for the 2AW Openweight Title - 2AW Launching Business 1st Anniversary Grand Slam (5 votes)
07/12 | Momo Watanabe vs. Konami vs. Mayu Iwatani - STARDOM (2 votes)
07/12 | Tetsuya Naito (C) vs. EVIL for the IWGP Heavyweight & Intercontinental Titles - NJPW Dominion (3 votes)
07/13 | Arisa Nakajima (C) vs. Yoshiko for the SEAdLINNNG Beyond the Sea Singles Championship - SEAdLINNNG Close to You (3 votes)
07/15 | The Elite vs. Jurassic Express - AEW Dynamite Fight for the Fallen (5 votes)
07/18 | Jordynne Grace (C) vs. Deonna Purrazzo for the Knockouts Title - IMPACT Slammiversary (2 votes)
07/21 | Giulia vs. Konami - STARDOM Explode in Summer (2 votes)
07/25 | Shingo Takagi (C) vs. El Desperado for the NEVER Openweight Championship - NJPW Sengoku Lord (2 votes)
07/25 | EVIL (C) vs. Hiromu Takahashi for the IWGP Heavyweight and Intercontinental Championships - NJPW Sengoku Lord (5 votes)
07/25 | Joey Janela vs. Yoshihiko - GCW Homecoming (3 votes)
07/27 | Alex Colon vs. Zach Wentz - GCW Homecoming (5 votes)
08/02 | Naruki Doi vs. Eita for the Open the Dream Gate Championship - Dragon Gate Memorial Gate (4 votes)
08/05 | Katsuhiko Nakajima (C) vs Kenoh for the GHC National Championship - NOAH Departure 2020 Night 1 (5 MOTY votes)
08/09 | Rina Yamashita vs. Risa Sera for the FantastICE Championship - Ice Ribbon Yokohama Buntai FINAL (2 votes)
08/13 | Emi Sakura vs. Hanako Nakamori - Gatoh Move/ChocoPro Live (4 votes)
08/22 | The Elite vs. The Dark Order (Reynolds/Silver/Angels) - AEW Dynamite (2 votes)
08/29 | Kazuchika Okada vs. SANADA vs. Toru Yano vs. El Desperado in the KOPW Final - NJPW Summer Struggle (2 votes)

WMOTYs with more than 1 vote (in bold are close to the threshold):
07/14 | The Nightmare Sisters vs. Diamante & Rache Chanel - AEW Dark (3 votes)
07/15 | Jon Moxley (C) vs. Brian Cage for the AEW Championship - AEW Dynamite Fight for the Fallen (2 votes)
07/31 | Aero Boy vs. Tristen Ramsey - IWA MS King of the Death Match (2 votes)
08/26 | Kazuchika Okada vs. Yujiro Takahashi, Jado & Gedo - NJPW Summer Struggle (3 votes)

Honorable Mentions with more than 1 vote (in bold are close to the threshold):
07/01 | SHO vs. SANADA - NJPW New Japan Cup Night 6 (6 votes)
07/01 | Tetsuya Naito, Shingo Takagi & Hiromu Takahashi vs. Tomohiro Ishii, Toru Yano & Yota Tsuji - NJPW New Japan Cup Night 6 (5 votes)
07/01 | Proud and Powerful vs. Private Party - AEW Fyter Fest Night 1 (6 votes)
07/01 | Io Shirai vs. Sasha Banks - NXT Great American Bash Night 1 (5 votes)
07/02 | SANADA vs. Taichi - NJPW New Japan Cup Night 7 (6 votes)
07/03 | LIJ vs. CHAOS - NJPW New Japan Cup Night 8 (3 votes)
07/03 | TJP & Karl Fredericks vs. Rocky Romero & Jeff Cobb - NJPW Lion's Break Collision (3 votes)
07/04 | Dragon Gate Generation (KAI & YAMATO) vs. Masaaki Mochizuki & Susumu Yokosuka - Dragon Gate Hopeful Gate Night 1 (3 votes)
07/06 | Asuka vs. Bayley - WWE Raw (3 votes)
07/11 | LIJ (Naito, Hiromu & Shingo) vs. CHAOS (Ishii, SHO and Yano) - NJPW New Japan Cup Final (5 votes)
07/11 | Riho & Mayu Iwatani vs. AZM & Momo Watanabe - STARDOM (2 votes)
07/12 | Kzy & Jason Lee & Kota Minoura vs. BxB Hulk & KAZMA SAKAMOTO & Takashi Yoshida - Dragon's Gate Hopeful Gate (3 votes)
07/13 | Bayley & Sasha Banks (C) vs. The Kabuki Warriors for the WWE Women's Tag Titles - WWE Raw (3 votes)
07/14 | Jurassic Express vs. Cutler & Avalon - AEW Dark (4 votes)
07/18 | Jordynne Grace (C) vs. Deonna Purrazzo for the Knockouts Title - IMPACT Slammiversary (3 votes)
07/21 | The North (C) vs. Motor City Machine Guns for the Impact Tag Titles - IMPACT (5 votes)
07/22 | Diamante vs. Ivelisse - AEW Dynamite (4 votes)
07/25 | Shingo Takagi (C) vs. El Desperado for the NEVER Openweight Championship - NJPW Sengoku Lord (6 votes)
07/25 | Blake Christian vs. Alexa Zayne - GCW Homecoming (2 votes)
07/26 | Yuji Nagata & Yuya Uemura vs. Minoru Suzuki & Douki - NJPW Summer Struggle (4 votes)
07/26 | Joey Janela vs. Lio Rush - GCW Homecoming (5 votes)
07/27 | Moriarty vs. YUTA - Beyond Wrestling Two Weeks Notice (3 votes)
07/27 | Moriarty vs. Tony Deppen - GCW Homecoming (4 votes)
07/27 | ACH vs. KTB - GCW Homecoming (5 votes)
07/29 | Jon Moxley & Darby Allin vs. Brian Cage & Ricky Starks - AEW Dynamite (3 votes)
08/01 | Chad 2 Badd vs. Sex Ferguson in a Boneryard Match - Talk N' Shop A-Mania (4 votes)
08/05 | MAKOTO vs Mei Suruga - Gatoh Move ChocoPro 37 (4 votes)
08/05 | Go Shiozaki (C) vs. Naomichi Marufuji for the GHC Heavyweight Championship - NOAH Departure 2020 Night 2 (2 votes)
08/07 | Golden Ace & Master Wato vs. Dangerous Tekkers & Yoshinobu Kanemaru - NJPW Summer Struggle (2 votes)
08/08 | Yuka Sakazaki vs. Nodoka Tenma - TJPW Tokyo Princess Cup (2 votes)
08/08 | Minoru Tanaka vs. Soma Takao - DDT: King of DDT Road 1 (2 votes)
08/08 | Karl Fredericks vs. KENTA - NJPW Strong (2 votes)
08/09 | Lulupencil vs. Ryo Mizunami - Gatoh Move/Chocopro (2 votes)
08/09 | Maki Itoh vs. Yuki Kamifuku - TJPW Tokyo Princess Cup Night 2 (2 votes)
08/12 | Cody (C) vs. Scorpio Sky for the TNT Television Championship - AEW Dynamite (2 votes)
08/12 | Orange Cassidy vs. Chris Jericho in a $7000 Obligation match - AEW Dynamite (6 votes)
08/13 | Yuna Mizumori vs. ASUKA - Gatoh Move/ChocoPro Live (3 votes)
08/15 | Shoko Nakajima vs. Natsumi Maki - TJPW Princess Cup Quarterfinals (2 votes)
08/15 | Hyper Misao vs. Miyu Yamashita - TJPW Princess Cup Quarterfinals (2 votes)
08/17 | The Queen Mother Emi Sakura vs. Sayaka Obihiro - Gatoh Move/ChocoProLIVE! Emi Sakura’s 25th Anniversary Show (3 votes)
08/17 | Lulu Pencil vs. Tokiko Kirihara - Gatoh Move/ChocoProLIVE! Emi Sakura’s 25th Anniversary Show (2 votes)
08/18 | SCU & Private Party vs. The Lucha Bros & The Butcher and the Blade - AEW Dark (3 votes)
08/18 | The Initiative vs. The Hybrid 2 - AEW Dark (2 votes)
08/22 | Ben Carter vs. Anthony Henry - Black Label Pro (2 votes)
08/22 | A Very Good Professional Wrestler vs. WARHOUSE - Black Label Pro (2 votes)
08/22 | Eric Ryan vs. Shane Mercer - GCW Tournament of Survival (3 votes)
08/22 | Alex Colony vs. Shlak - GCW Tournament of Survival (3 votes)
08/22 | Rickey Shane Page vs. Alex Colon - GCW Tournament of Survival (3 votes)
08/22 | FTR vs. Private Party - AEW Dynamite (2 votes)
08/22 | The Elite vs. The Dark Order (Reynolds/Silver/Angels) - AEW Dynamite (5 votes)
08/22 | Adam Cole vs. Pat McAfee - NXT Takeover XXX (2 votes)
08/23 | Joey Janela vs. Alex Zayne - GCW Jimmy Lloyd's Jersey Shore (2 votes)
08/23 | Bayley (C) vs. Asuka for the Smackdown Women's Championship - WWE Summerslam (3 votes)
08/23 | Sasha Banks (C) vs. Asuka for the Raw Women's Championship - WWE Summerslam (3 votes)
08/25 | Deonna Purrazzo (C) vs. Jordynne Grace in a 30 Minute Iron Man for the Knockouts Title - Impact Wrestling Emergence, Night 2 (4 votes)
08/26 | SHO vs. SANADA in a Submission match - NJPW Summer Struggle (3 votes)
08/27 | Daisuke Sasaki, Tetsuya Endo and Mad Paulie vs. Yuki Ueno, Naomi Yoshimura and HARASHIMA - DDT Sayonara Toshimaen (2 votes)
08/27 | The Young Bucks vs. The Natural Nightmares vs. The Best Friends vs. FTR in a Tag Team Gauntlet - AEW Dynamite (5 votes)
08/27 | Lucha Bros, The Butcher & The Blade vs. Sonny Kiss, Joey Janela, Brian Pillman Jr & Griff Garrison - AEW Dynamite (5 votes)
08/27 | Sammy Guevara vs. Matt Hardy in a Tables Match - AEW Dynamite (3 votes)
08/28 | Antonio Honda vs. Lulu Pencil - GatohMove/ChocoPro #43 (4 votes)
08/29 | Maki Itoh vs. Mizuki - TJPW Princess Cup 7 Semifinals (5 votes)
08/29 | Shoko Nakajima vs. Miyu Yamashita - TJPW Princess Cup 7 Semifinals (5 votes)
08/29 | Shoko Nakajima vs. Mizuki - TJPW Princess Cup 7 Final (3 votes)

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Sep 10, 2020

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Eita vs Naruki Doi for the Dream Gate from 8/2 has 4 MOTYC votes friend J-Ru.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Dimebags Brain posted:

Eita vs Naruki Doi for the Dream Gate from 8/2 has 4 MOTYC votes friend J-Ru.

Thanks and sorry, not sure how I missed it, its even color-coded in my spreadsheet to remind me it hit the HM threshold thanks to having 4 MOTY votes :doh:

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Junpei Hyde posted:

Nth! Dustin, you keep on being Dustin for a long long time, please. You know, I don’t think it’ll happen but Dustin would be a fun non-PPV challenger for Mox.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

Nth. Dustin has always been one of my lowkey favorites so watching him still able to go as hard as he does just puts a big smile on my face every time.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
what does 7 HM noms do? Does that make a HM a MOTYC?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Turns it into an HMOTY

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

KungFu Grip posted:

It will be foreverially recorded in the highly respected Something Awful Punchsports Pagoda Recommended Matches List as a match that was good but not a MOTYC

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

KungFu Grip posted:

Makes it an Honorable Mention, i.e:

extradite THIS! posted:

a match that was good but not a MOTYC

A match getting 4 MOTYC nominations also qualifies a match as an Honorable Mention.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

NienNunb posted:

Turns it into an HMOTY

Only ROH puts on Honorable Matches of the Year!

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

TVMOTY: jurassic express/lucha brothers

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

TVMOTY is just a more convoluted way to say HM

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Junpei Hyde posted:

Nth. This was good big lad wrestling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: Lucha Bros vs. Jurassic Express, AEW Dynamite, 09/09
HM: Joey Janela/Sonny Kiss vs. Chris Jericho/Jake Hager, AEW Dynamite, 09/09
HM: Nyla Rose vs. Tay Conti, AEW Dynamite, 09/09
HM: Brodie Lee vs. Dustin Rhodes, AEW Dynamite, 09/09