Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

MOTY: Lance Archer (C) vs. Jon Moxley for the IWGP United States Championship - Wrestle Kingdom 14 Night 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

MOTYC: Will Ospreay (c) vs Hiromu Takahashi - January 4, 2020 NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 14 at The Tokyo Dome

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

ospreay/hiromu had a great 109 minute run as moty

MOTYC: Kazuchika Okada vs Kota Ibushi - January 4, 2020 NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 14 at The Tokyo Dome

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Jan 4, 2020

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

how can one legally watch jake lee/kento miyahara

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Deathlove posted:

WMOTYC: SHLAK-Necro Butcher - ICW No Holds Barred, 1/4/20

i need to see this

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

HM: Zack Sabre Jr vs Sanada - NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 14 Jan 5, 2020
HM: Jon Moxley vs Juice Robinson - NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 14 Jan 5, 2020

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

im not gonna give KENTA/Goto an HM because i dont think it was as good as the other two HMs but i feel it should be acknowledged as A Pretty Great Little Scrap

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

e: wrong thread

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Kota Ibushi vs. Switchblade Jay White - NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 14 Night 2

agree

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

MOTYC: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Chris Jericho - NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 14 at The Tokyo Dome Jan 5, 2020

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

motyc: kazuchika okada vs tetsuya naito - NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 14 in The Tokyo Dome Jan 5, 2020

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Punch McLightning posted:

MOTYC: PAC vs. Darby Allin, Dynamite, 1/15

chef kisses to this show outside of the women's match
the womens match wasnt bad though??

HM to the bucks/pnp/best friends/ page omega and pac/darby from AEW Bash at the Beach

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I've run into the issue again where to qualify something as motyc I put it against the last match I nominated and thought was motyc (in this case okada/ibushi). I dont think I'll be able to dole out moty noms for a long time.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

MOTYC: Balor vs Gargano, TakeOver Portland

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Moty: Kenny Omega & Hangman Page vs Young Bucks AEW Revolution

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

for what its worth i thought the tag match tonight was better than okada/ibushi. it is the front runner for match of the year for me.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i mean i doubt that dustin/hager was worse than whatever garbage elias or bray wyatt match occurred this year.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

motyc: tetsuya naito vs hiromu takahashi - NJPW Anniversary Event in Taichi's Living Room 3/2/2020

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

motyc: zhang weili vs joanna jedrzejzcyk ufc 248

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

match of the year is yuji nagata vs minoru suzuki in njpw's summer struggle on july 31st. lock thread.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

forkboy84 posted:

******* classic

this legitimately felt like a full fiver, at least

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

hmmm....thinking about downgrading suzuki vs nagata to HM. not sure if it measures up to page&omega vs bucks...its not as good but very different......

i will not downgrade but will asterisk that i still think the tag team match from revolution is still front-runner for match of the year

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Rarity posted:

I've voted dozens of matches as MOTYCs this year, it's about the vibe of the match not a specific declaration

i can feel that. i just have a dumb linear brain.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

NienNunb posted:

I think both philosophies for nominating matches are valid. I nominate anything over a certain threshold of quality MOTY but I have a weird respect for people who are incredibly particular and only rarely give them out.

i was an egm reader, gotta have strong standards

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

NienNunb posted:

Honorable Match of the Year

TV Match of the Year

hulkamatt is going to put you through a table for this

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

oh my god i feel so embarassed until i clicked the video i was assuming that it was the blowup doll getting these rave reviews

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

motyc: sex ferguson vs chadd 2 badd talkn shop a mania

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

wmotyc: sex ferguson vs chadd 2 badd talkn shop a mania

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Neodoomium posted:

HM: MAKOTO vs Mei Suruga, ChocoPro 37 (8/5) was very very good

will second chocopro is becoming probably my 2nd or 3rd fave fed to keep up with

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

chocopro championship should be a hat

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i need to catch the first hour of dynamite but HM to moxley vs darby on dynamite aug 5

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

IceAgeComing posted:

Yep; don't think they've even mentioned the thing since so perhaps they've forgotten about it.

They also have the Asia Dream Tag Titles (which Emi currently holds with Kaori Yoneyama, winning them in the last show with fans) and also Emi Sakura is the 3CW Women's Champion - a belt from a random Britwres promotion that died after Emi won the thing so she's defended that at Gatoh Move shows before. They used to also use the IWA Title (I think the main belt of IWA:Japan, the death match-based promotion that Emi initially debuted with) but I think they dropped that when they debuted the Super Asia which is a shame; the idea of the main Gatoh Move title being some old random belt that Dick Slater and Jim Duggan had held in the past is incredibly funny.

I think they are smart going without belts: its let them do interesting show-to-show stories that having to book around belts and building up title matches would disrupt.

honestly it is refreshing in a way just to see cool matchups and there to not be arbitrary stakes

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i think i know how i want to mentally parse my favorite matches now. im gonna give myself 3 categories, singles match, tag team match, and multiman match. whatever i nominate for MOTYC is what i think is the MOTY in that category, since different match types yield a different psychology and style.

also HM to Elite+Hangman+FTR vs Dark Order from Dynamite

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

hm: lulupencil vs Ryo mizunami chocopro Aug 9

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

wmoty: cody vs brodie lee saturday night dynamite

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

im not nominating it.

i will however nominate for HM Golden Aces vs Dangerous Techers at Summer Struggle, 8.29

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

they should definitely sign serena and if rosa's ever able to get out of her deal, snag her as well

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

HM: Hangman Adam Page & Kenny Omega vs FTR - AEW All Out 2020

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

oh yeah

WMOTY: Matt Hardy vs Sammy Guevara - AEW All Out 2020. this was messy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

actually, was kairi and asuka vs becky and charlotte this year? i think that was worse.