Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

gently caress me this night 1 of WK 14 is unreal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

WK14 the GOAT PPV don’t @ me

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Kazuchika Okada (C) vs. Tetsuya Naito (C) for the IWGP Heavyweight AND Intercontinental Championships - NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 14 Night 2

A match/main event/story years in the making, executed to perfection. New Japan is the best wrestling promotion on the planet.

Nth. Unreal show

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Is there a spreadsheet for the 2019 list? Would love to see what was the most votes for WMOTY (I assume it was HIAC)

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

forkboy84 posted:

There is no wrestling until Friday

the best show of the week is on tonight my friend

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

WMOTY: Riho (C) vs. Kris Statlander for the AEW Women's Championship - AEW Dynamite 1/8

A terrible clusterfuck of bad booking. Neither Riho nor Kris are to blame for this dreadful poo poo, they deserved so much better.

Nth. Woeful. The worst thing in AEW so far.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It was a title match in fairness.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I Before E posted:

Is this dumbass spot representative of the rest of the match? Is this another Devlin/Starr where it's a solid 3.25 inflated to a 4.5 by British Isles Brain Disease?

:rolleyes:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Sorry, is this a second?

It really reminds me of the Fyter Fest!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Rarity posted:

MOTYC: The Young Bucks vs. Proud n Powerful vs. Best Friends vs. Kenny Omega/Hangman Page, AEW Dynamite, 15/01
HM: Jon Moxley vs. Sammy Guevara, AEW Dynamite, 15/01
HM: PAC vs. Darby Allin, AEW Dynamite, 15/01

nth

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

KungFu Grip posted:

MOTYC
Mustache Mountain vs DIY NXT vs NXT UK World's Collide 1/25/20

Nthing this one. Such a good match.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Riho (C) vs. Nyla Rose for the AEW Women's Championship - AEW Dynamite 2/12

Absolutely incredible match, even with the stream going down for several minutes in the middle I was still absolutely floored by how good this was.

Nth. Brilliant match.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Is that RevPro show streaming anywhere?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

forkboy84 posted:

It will be online. Probably by Monday but all I've seen is a tweet from them after the show that said "Available to watch at http://rpwondemand.com soon."

Deadly, thanks !

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I'm watching that match tonight, I can't wait

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

These RevPro commentators need to learn how to monitor mic levels, Jesus Christ

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Lumbermouth posted:

RevPro's production values are the whole reason I haven't been able to get into them. They're so loving amateurish for a promotion their size.

Yeah NGL, the camera work, lighting and audio were loving atrocious. Really took me out of the match. By comparison of the indie stuff I've seen, OTT stuff looks and sounds leagues better.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Punch McLightning posted:

OTT is a very professional looking company for their size. I am constantly impressed by how they put on shows.

The dude who films their top card promos is the best in the business.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Holy gently caress

MOTYC PAC/Omega Dynamite 26 Feb

Unfuckingbelievable

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Veryslightlymad posted:

Uh, for those of us that work those hours, is there any way to legally watch past AEW matches?

Fite.tv

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

WPPVOTYC: Super Showdown

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Looked these matches up online to see if they were as bad as they sounded on paper. They weren't. They were worse.

WMOTYC: Brock Lesnar (C) vs. Ricochet for the WWE Championship - WWE Blood Money Show in Saudi Arabia.
WMOTYC: The Fiend Bray Wyatt (C) vs. Bill Goldberg for the Universal Championship - WWE Blood Money Show in Saudi Arabia.

These were both dogshit but if I had to pick the worst it would be Brock vs. Ricochet. That was pathetic.

nth

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

DarkstarIV posted:

WMOTYC: Dustin Rhodes vs Jake Hager, AEW Revolution 2/29/20

Not only was Hager blown up pretty quickly into the match, it went way too long. But the reason I'm nominating it is because of Dustin Rhodes sexual harassment kiss. Jesus christ.

Nth

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Rarity posted:

Not even WWE has had a match with a sexual assault in this year

It's only March

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

RealFoxy posted:

HM: Drew Gulak vs Daniel Bryan from Elimination Chamber (March 8th)

This is about as good as a WWE undercard match is ever going to get, they got 20 minutes, had a great ending, both men got over.

Nth. Great final minute.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Here's the link to the Samurai TV broadcast, this is a match absolutely everyone should see unspoiled because the discourse around it is already starting. I'm still thinking about it almost 12 hours later

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtaOgYzlhCQ

Thanks!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC - Go Shiozaki (c) vs Kazuyuki Fujita for the GHC Heavyweight Championship - NOAH 20th Anniversary - NOAH The Chronicle (3/29)

Absolutely insane and surreal match that you owe it to yourself to watch unspoiled. From the THIRTY MINUTE staredown that opened to the match to the five minute headlock, to Fujita chugging loving hand sanitizer to the tour of Korakuen Hall to Fujita repeatedly kicking Go right in the head to Go repeatedly clotheslining him into defeat with two minutes left on the clock

It was a very special match and I'm not sure we'll see anything like it again.

Nth. Art!!!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Rarity posted:

Ok I'm not watching 30 mins of 2 dudes staring at each other. How the hell is that not boring?

Have you ever watched smackdown

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Dimebags Brain posted:

It rules in an abstract arthouse sort of way, but drat is it boring to watch and I definitely skipped ahead to when the match actually starts.

Coward

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

NienNunb posted:

Gonna be real with y'all. Wish the staredown lasted longer.

:hai:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

HM: Lance Archer v Markus Tunt
What a great squash match

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

WMOTYC: Baron Corbin vs Elias, WM36
The absolute drizzling shits

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Kirios posted:

MOTYC: AJ Styles vs. Undertaker - Boneyard Match - WrestleMania 36 4/4

It was the most wrestling match.

Sons of Anarchy would be proud.

Nth. Best WWE Match in the last 20 years.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

That said, now it's over...

MOTYC: AJ Styles vs. The Undertaker in a Boneyard Match - WWE Wrestlemania 36

Exactly the kind of stupid, over-the-top nonsense I love, and shot in a distinct and fun way that made it stand out from everything else on the show. This saved an awful Wrestlemania.

Nth. Amazing. AMAZING.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

WMOTYC: Rhea Ripley vs Charlotte Flair

NXT is buried. Awful spears. Way too long. Endless screaming. Horrible

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Reminder that I don't count any nomination made before a match ended.

WMOTYC: Edge vs. Randy Orton in a Last Man Standing Match at Wrestlemania 36 Night 2

This match loving SUCCCCCCCKED. I'm not gonna write why because gently caress even spending another second of effort on it.

Nth. gently caress this match

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

uncurable mlady posted:

motyc: bray wyatt vs. john cena in a firefly funhouse match at wrestlemania 36

its such good poo poo!

One of the best WWE things I've ever seen. Absolute art. Perfection.

Nth.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Aye Doc posted:

wmotyc: brock lesnar vs. drew mcintyre, mania night 2

Nth. Pathetic. I'm sure Drew is so disappointed

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Jonny Nox posted:

I would like to nominate the Kevin Owens/Seth Rollins match from Day 1 of Wrestlemania for an Honorable Mention.

here's why you should nth this nomination:

1) Storytelling. The only match so far on the card where the wrestlers actually talked to each other during the match and it was related to their ongoing feud
2) The Twist. They looked like they were doing the lovely non-finish, but KO decided gently caress that and declared the match no-dq.
2a) Yes, this makes no loving sense. Who cares, it's wrestling dammit!
2b) This may be a trope in the WW Universe now. I haven't watched their programming in YEARS
2c) They had some real good moments after this or I wouldn't be making this post
3) Huh, ring steps go "Boooong" when they hit someone's head. you really notice that in a silent arena
4) Huh, the ring bell actually goes "Bing" when you skull someone with it. who knew?
4a) Brain me with a ring bell will you? Howsabout I brain YOU!
5) "Wrestlemania. Moment."

Match really dragged at points, and I know we're not allowed liking Seth around here, but I had such a good time I wanted to talk about it!

Nth for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It was so good hearing Excalibur on commentary again :unsmith: