Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Rarity posted:

HM: Liger Retirement Match, NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 14, 04/01

Had zero expectations for this and they crushed it

karmicknight posted:

MOTYC: IWGP United States Heavyweight Title Match: Jon Moxley vs. Lance Archer, 1/04 Wrestle Kingdom 14

Rarity posted:

MOTYC: HIROMU TAKAHASHI VS. WILL OSPREAY, NJPW WRESTLE KINGDOM 14, 04/01

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

nth

e: also, nth MOTYC Lee/Kento and HM Sato/Yokosuka from AJPW 1/3

Venomous fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Jan 4, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Rarity posted:

Screw you guys I'm going MOTYC

MOTYC: EVIL/Shingo vs. Ishii/Goto, NJPW New Year's Dash, 06/01

loving ridiculous amount of BEEF

nth

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

forkboy84 posted:

There's no other place to put this and this isn't a nomination or anything but I watched a ROH show from 2004 earlier,

jsyk there is the Underdiscussed Matches thread from last year, which amazingly isn't dead yet and could use a bump tbh

Venomous fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Jan 22, 2020

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

NienNunb posted:

Brock viciously, effortlessly brutalized a cop for two minutes straight for our enjoyment, he is a comrade and deserves your respect

Brock's a homophobic shitlord, and he may be a good wrestler, but he's no fuckin comrade of mine

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Is it Shayna's fault that WWE audience members are idiots?

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC - Go Shiozaki (c) vs Kazuyuki Fujita for the GHC Heavyweight Championship - NOAH 20th Anniversary - NOAH The Chronicle (3/29)

Absolutely insane and surreal match that you owe it to yourself to watch unspoiled. From the THIRTY MINUTE staredown that opened to the match to the five minute headlock, to Fujita chugging loving hand sanitizer to the tour of Korakuen Hall to Fujita repeatedly kicking Go right in the head to Go repeatedly clotheslining him into defeat with two minutes left on the clock

It was a very special match and I'm not sure we'll see anything like it again.

nth

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

If we had this plague before CyberAgent bought NOAH, I guarantee Go/Fujita would have gone exactly the same way

This wasn't a DDT thing. This was war

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

yeah, nthing the motyc for Styles/Taker

worth it completely. Wrestling can be some kickass theatre

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

I'm not watching but I saw that the match went 36 minutes on Wikipedia and I thought 'either that's going to be Randy's best match since Bryan and Batista or the worst match of the year'

...wwwwwelp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Gaz-L posted:

I thought Dragon Gate didn't play well with the other promotions?

Nah, they've been okay with AJPW for a while now, probably because they're both on Gaora TV