Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

what on earth is he doing diving into the ropes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Final nomination from the Stardom show

https://twitter.com/we_are_stardom/status/1220226830117957632?s=19

MOTYC: Kagetsu vs. Tam Nakano - Stardom 9th Anniversary (1/19)

This was the best match of the show. Kagetsu's last ever match in Korakuen Hall and she went out of her way to make Tam look like an absolute star. It was probably the best match of Tam's career to date. It's a must watch imho.

2nd

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Akileese posted:

Kinda surprised to see no nominations from any of the GCW matches from Friday night yet. Dickinson vs Starr was absolutely amazing and imo, worth checking out the show for.

MOTYC: Chris Dickinson vs David Starr - GCW Just Being Honest 01/24/20
HM: AJ Gray vs Chris Bey - GCW Just Being Honest 01/24/20
HM: Blake Christian vs Arez - GCW Just Being Honest 01/24/20
HM: Gringo Loco vs Slice Boogie vs Eli Everfly vs Matt Vandagriffvs Adrian Quest vs Starboy Charlie - GCW Just Being Honest 01/24/20

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

HM: Nautilus (Naomi Yoshimura & Yuki Ueno) (c) vs. Yuki Iino & Chihiro Hashimoto for the KO-D Tag Team Championship - DDT Sweet Dreams (1/26)

Two big boys, one big girl and one twinky guy. They really went for it. Great match. Think Nautilus might be an early pick for tag team of the year.

MOTYC: HARASHIMA (c) vs. Masato Tanaka for the KO-D Openweight Championship - DDT Sweet Dreams (1/26)

These guys are pushing 50 and Tanaka has probably taken more chair shots than anyone in the world they shouldnt still be like this

2nd for all of these

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

I'll give a MOTYC to

02/15 | Matthew Justice vs Matt Tremont - GCW Run Rickey Run

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC - Go Shiozaki (c) vs Kazuyuki Fujita for the GHC Heavyweight Championship - NOAH 20th Anniversary - NOAH The Chronicle (3/29)

Absolutely insane and surreal match that you owe it to yourself to watch unspoiled. From the THIRTY MINUTE staredown that opened to the match to the five minute headlock, to Fujita chugging loving hand sanitizer to the tour of Korakuen Hall to Fujita repeatedly kicking Go right in the head to Go repeatedly clotheslining him into defeat with two minutes left on the clock

It was a very special match and I'm not sure we'll see anything like it again.

2nd, if there is a match that is emblematic of this year so far it is this one.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

HM: Asuka vs. Mei Suruga - Gatoh Move ChocoPro #16 (5/23)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogtscTQa2Pk&t=2481s

This was exactly what I needed today. Mei trying to imitate Asuka's dancing was enough to get the HM nod alone but the mix of wacky hijinks and legitimately great mat wrestling made me forget how lovely every thing is and that's all I want. Asuka's post match comments made me sad again but in a kinda cathartic way. She's so mature for a 21-year-old kid and I hope she's coping with the loss of her friend as well as she seems to be.

Nth to this, it made me very happy to see

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: Arisa Nakajima (c) vs. Asuka for the SEAdLINNNG Beyond the SEA Singles Championship - SEAdLINNNG ~Delivered to You~ (6/13)

One of the best no fan matches I've seen (Shinkiba being tiny and Asuka's faction being loud helped in that respect). Asuka is one of the smartest working wrestlers in the world despite being 21 and Arisa is just flat out the best. These two had one of the best matches in 2019 and I think they topped it here. The overarching story of the match came from what quite possibly might have been a botch (making these two even better) but now I'm not so sure given how fluidly they worked it in. The finish of the match played up Arisa being the veteran, taking advantage of Asuka getting flustered over Arisa kicking out of her finish while Arisa was able to move straight into a roll up to retain the title after Asuka kicked out of her finish

I watched this legitimately with my SamuraiTV subscription but I know some criminals were watching it illegally so I'll update this with the link when it's available.

Yeah, nth from me, I loved this

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Punch McLightning posted:

HM: Chris Brookes vs. Mei Suruga, Gatoh Move ChocoPro 19, June 5 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLBXDCLvYRE&t=2631s

Nth, two of my favorite wrestlers and this match is really fun

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Neodoomium posted:

MOTYC: Mitsuru Konno vs Mei Suruga, GatohMove/ChocoProLIVE! #33

nth

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

HM: David Finlay vs KENTA, NJPW Strong 8/21/2020

That was a really good match and probably my favorite to happen in the US in ages

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Neodoomium posted:

HM: Maki Itoh vs. Mizuki, TJPW Princess Cup 7 Semifinals (8/29)

A very good, hard-hitting, emotional match!

HM: Shoko Nakajima vs. Miyu Yamashita, TJPW Princess Cup 7 Semifinals (8/29)

These two just beat the piss out of one another, which is not super common for TJPW!

nth both

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Neodoomium posted:

HM: Yunamon vs Chris Brookes, Gatoh Move/ChocoPro #47 - 9/12

2nd

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

KungFu Grip posted:

HM Dark Sheik vs still life with apricots and pears gcw presents Effys big gay Bash 10/10
Hm Cassandrp vs Sonny Kiss gcw presents Effys big gay bash 1010

2nd these, Still Life is lookin real cool these days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

SG Bamboo posted:

DDT Ultimate Party November 3rd
MOTYC
Jun Akiyama vs Konosuke Takeshita
Daisuke Sasaki vs Tetsuya Endo

HM