Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
HM:

Diamond Dallas Page, Dustin Rhodes and QT Marshall vs MJF, The Butcher and the Blade (with and The Bunny) AEW DYNAMITE 1/15

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
MOTYC: Momo Watanabe vs Mayu Iwatani from Stardom 1/19.

A packed house and a tremendous match. Go watch it, it's up now!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: Utami Hayashishita vs. Arisa Hoshiki (c) for the Wonder of Stardom Championship - Stardom 9th Anniversary (1/19)

It's up on Stardom World so go watch it now

https://twitter.com/ashiken0204/status/1218754652209995777?s=19

Am I blind because I was looking for this last night and could not find it.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

forkboy84 posted:

There's no other place to put this and this isn't a nomination or anything but I watched a ROH show from 2004 earlier, Survival of the Fittest & the main event is a 6 man elimination match with Austin Aries, Bryan Danielson, Colt Cabana, Homicide, Mark Briscoe & Samoa Joe. They all had to win qualifying matches to get here. It takes less than 20 minutes for everyone to get eliminated (Cabana gets a sneaky roll-up on ROH Champ Samoa Joe, Briscoe pins Cabana, then Briscoe lands a German on Homicide but can't hold the bridge & the ref counts both their shoulders as down which is a bit silly, but leaves us with 20+ minutes of Aries vs Danielson and it loving rules. Danielson is just back from Best of the Super Juniors, Aries has been on 5 ROH shows before this one (including a Do or Die preshow match that barely counts) but he looks great. Danielson is Danielson. Dude does a bear hug in the biggest workrate promotion in the world, in front of deeply cynical smarky Philly fans & it gets over. He's so loving good. If this was 2004 I'd do a MOTYC for this but alas. But anyway, just thought it was worth singling this match out because it's surprisingly great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgbdHdDSIc8 if you have a spare 42 minutes and happen to be curious about early Joe & Bryan or 2004 ROH or just good fun wrestling.

At the time this was a very well regarded match and led to Gabe getting the idea to do the Danielson/Aries match at Testing the Limit which originally was supposed to be like a 3 hour draw or something stupid, but instead was just an hour + best of 3 falls match.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: Utami Hayashishita vs. Arisa Hoshiki (c) for the Wonder of Stardom Championship - Stardom 9th Anniversary (1/19)

It's up on Stardom World so go watch it now

https://twitter.com/ashiken0204/status/1218754652209995777?s=19

Nth this, I actually thought this wasn't that great early as the strikes just didn't have the impact I'd expect from this match but that sure wasn't a problem later on!

Also second Pac vs Mox for HM.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Final nomination from the Stardom show

https://twitter.com/we_are_stardom/status/1220226830117957632?s=19

MOTYC: Kagetsu vs. Tam Nakano - Stardom 9th Anniversary (1/19)

This was the best match of the show. Kagetsu's last ever match in Korakuen Hall and she went out of her way to make Tam look like an absolute star. It was probably the best match of Tam's career to date. It's a must watch imho.

I haven't been able to watch this one yet but between this and the Christmas Eve show Stardom put out two shows that should be in show of the year running but won't because one happened too late and one happened too early (that isn't the Tokyo Dome.)

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Final nomination from the Stardom show

https://twitter.com/we_are_stardom/status/1220226830117957632?s=19

MOTYC: Kagetsu vs. Tam Nakano - Stardom 9th Anniversary (1/19)

This was the best match of the show. Kagetsu's last ever match in Korakuen Hall and she went out of her way to make Tam look like an absolute star. It was probably the best match of Tam's career to date. It's a must watch imho.

I don't think it was best match of the show but I will second it for MOTYC.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
HM: Mistico vs Gran Guerrero CMLL 1/24

Mistico was fantastic in this match. Broke out his best spots and an amazing springboard SSP. This was MOTY Caliber down the stretch but the finish dropped it down a bit, but that's fine if this leads somewhere. But it's CMLL so it probably won't, but it might!

https://twitter.com/narukiroy/status/1220923104312070146

Should be on youtube soon!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I'll nth
HM: Ishii vs EVIL
MOTYC: Goto vs Shingo

I think my top five for the year is now

1. Naito vs Okada
2. Ibushi vs Okada
3. Utami Hayashishita vs. Arisa Hoshiki
4. Goto vs Shingo
5. Will "The Thrill" Ospreay vs Hiromu "The Good" Takahashi

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I will also HM that 8 man.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: Mayu Iwatani vs. Takumi Iroha - Stardom The Way to Major League 2020 (2/8)

Mayu's scheduled opponent got pulled due to sickness the night before so Stardom brought in the newly minted President and Ace of Marvelous, Takumi Iroha to wrestle in a non-title singles main event and with almost no time to prepare these two knocked it out of the loving park.

Iroha showed up with the whole Marvelous roster to watch her kick the poo poo out of Mayu, too. Call me when your Harolds and your Tonys can do that. Even knowing the result I was surprised by how one sided it was. Iroha ended her. The inevitable rematch is going to be amazing

Holy poo poo that was nuts, third. GO WATCH THIS MATCH.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Will nth Dragon Lee vs Hiromu for MOTYC and Mox/Suzuki and KENTA/Naito for HM.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
MOTYC: Riho vs Nyla Rose.

Riho is the best at David vs Goliath and Nyla has shown so much improvement in the last six months.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Thought Effy/Deppen was pretty boring and sloppy live but

MOTYC: Matthew Justice vs Matt Tremont, GCW Run Rickey Run

And HM for Sasaki vs Colon

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Hey everyone there is a typo in Jerusalem's tweet so just to make sure it gets caught

MOTYC: Lucha Bros vs Hangman and Omega
MOTYC: Wardlow vs Cody

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Evil Badman posted:

HM is the sweet spot for that cage match. Cody blading in the first five minutes is ridiculous and only happened because they had no time.

What is ridiculous about it? Blood should come pretty early, especially against a heel who is smashing a babyface.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Evil Badman posted:

It was 2:30 into the match. Wardlow's offense to that point was: a back elbow, a clothesline, and two face-first throws into the cage.

There's an immediate distraction after the second throw for Cody to blade, and that just killed any suspension of disbelief I had then and there.

It is a very good match, that moonsault was absurd, but the whole thing was pressed for time on the stacked card. "Cody bleeds in big match" was a checklist item that didn't need to be beelined to so blatantly.

It's not a checklist item it's an important part of the drama of the match. The smaller man, bloodied by the bigger man being beaten down. You want the blood to be there for the heat. When someone is going to take a beating from a monster, do the blood early to establish what a killer he is.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I'll second the HM for R3K vs the Coaches and Shingo vs Ishii for MOTYC.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jerusalem posted:

HM: The Nakanishi Retirement Match: Manabu Nakanishi, TenCozy, and Yugi Nagata vs. Kazuchika Okada, Golden Aces and Hirooki Goto - New Japan Road 2/22

Nobody does retirement matches better than New Japan. Nobody.

I'll agree to the point I was hoping he'd kick out of the finishers.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: Toru Sugiura (c) vs Yuko Miyamoto for the King of FREEDOMS Championship in a Tower of Terror Fluorescent Lighttube Deathmatch - FREEDOMS Go Beyond the Limit (2/10)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1LF3DhKxh4

One for my deathmatch ghouls out there and further proof that the best deathmatch wrestlers are the ones who are very good professional wrestlers who choose to do deathmatches anyway.

Third, that kicked rear end.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
HM: Caristico and Forastero vs Volador Jr and Cavernario in the finals of one of 1,000 tournaments CMLL is running this year. CMLL, 2/28

Good tag with a fantastic dive from Forastero.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
MOTYC: Sammy vs Darby! Crazy poo poo!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Kenny Omega & Hangman Page (C) vs. The Young Bucks for the AEW Tag Team Titles - AEW Revolution 2/29

Kenny Omega reminding everybody he's one of the greatest wrestlers on the planet... and he was one of only FOUR incredible wrestlers in this match! What an incredible, incredible match. That Young Bucks stealing the Double V-Trigger spot and Kenny's kickout at one spot was sensational.

One of the best tag team matches I've ever seen. Definitely top 3 in the US.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Other than the tag and Darby/Sammy which I already posted about:

HM: Cody vs MJF. Given what the main event was going to be I can see why they did a little less here, but this still had a ton of passion and hate, with great imagery of Cody beating MJF bloody and having him finished and beaten... until MJF cheats him out of it. Good stuff.
HM: Pac vs Orange Cassidy
HM: Mox vs Jericho: THEY DID THE FINISH I WANTED!

Great show. Fantastic show.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
HM: Volador Jr vs Templario, CMLL Arena Puebla 3/2.

Highly recommend you check this out, these guys went above and beyond the typical Puebla main event. Great match.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
HM for Naito vs Hiromu.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Chris James 2 posted:

HM: Hana Kimura and Jungle Kyona vs Giulia and Maika - STARDOM No People Gate, 3/7

Will second, it was very good.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Chris James 2 posted:

MOTY: Jamie Hayter and Bea Priestley (C) vs Momo Watanabe and Utami Hayashishita for the Goddesses of STARDOM titles - STARDOM No People Gate, 3/7

Considered merely going HM on this but between Bea's entrance, the last 3-5 minutes, the camera cuts to Liger alone in the audience, and being the most fun/good women's tag match I've seen all year so far, I feel comfortable going all the way on this one

will second but it should be an HM with how bad Bea's gear was.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Chris James 2 posted:

MOTY: Mayu Iwatani vs Saki Kashima in a lumberjack match - STARDOM No People Gate, 3/7

Pretty good show! Even had a very fun lumberjack match, how often does that happen?!

Agreed, the stairs spot was the spot of the year.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
From GCW's Acid Cup 2 Night 1 on 3/19
WMOTYC: Allie Kat vs Atticus Cogar
Allie Kat needs so much work. She tries really hard, but she's really bad, this match was a mess.

HM: Jordan Oliver vs Ellis Taylor
This was really fun! Some spots I haven't seen before too.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

sportsgenius86 posted:

HM: Blake Christian vs. Benjamin Carter, GCW Acid Cup 2, 3/19

Fun match.

Agreed.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
MOTYC: Joey Janela vs Jimmy Lloyd, Social Distancing Match, GCW Acid Cup 2 Night 2, 3/20

The best comedy match of the year, by far.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

sportsgenius86 posted:

MOTYC: Chris Dickinson vs. Blake Christian, GCW Acid Cup 2 Night 2, 3/20

This match owned. Blake Christian is a Star.

I'll give it a HM. The first half of it was really boring when they tried to mat wrestle but the rest was really good.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
HM: Natsuko Tora vs. Giulia from Stardom Cinderella 2020, 3/24

The tournament is all short matches but most of it is pretty fun and the first round is free on youtube. Just keep in mind that you can win via over the top rope eliminations too! Was kind of bummed that Tam Nakano seemed off in the tournament.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Yeah I liked the ending too, I wish it hadn't come directly after another draw but I liked the ways they played with over the top.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

TTBF posted:

HM Britt Baker vs Hikaru Shider - AEW Dynamite - April 8th

Agreed, very good match.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

WMOTYC: Johnny Gargano vs. Tommasso Ciampa - NXT (4/9)

I put this on because I thought it would be so bad it was funny, and it had its moments of that, but it was mostly overly long, boring and stupid. About halfway through the match I turned my PS4 on and started playing a game about a viral outbreak famed for being miserable to play because that was less depressing than devoting my full attention to this match. The finish was one of the stupidest things I've seen but it came close to saving the match because it was so funny.

The satellite feed leaked early and the finish was one of the stupidest I've heard all year. I'm not voting for this because I wasn't going to watch a match between two minor leaguers who flopped in the majors and got optioned back to AAA, but I'd expect it to be bad.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Lamuella posted:

Nth to both of these. In the last three weeks Kenny has given us a Triple A match, a New Japan match, and now a DDT match.

Britt is getting so much better. I REALLY disliked her for the longest time, but they flipped the switch and let her grow in her character. AEW really can get any old weird seed to grow.

The longest time being what, six months?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Dias posted:

It's 2020, every month feels like a year.

She's been good all year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
HM: Moxley vs Hager AEW Dynamite 4/15