Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
WMOTYC: SHLAK-Necro Butcher - ICW No Holds Barred, 1/4/20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
HM: Kylie Rae vs WARHORSE, Black Label Pro Nobody Puts BLP In The Corner, 1/18/2020

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Asuka vs. Akito in a single light tube deathmatch made the MOTYC list last year and it was my personal MOTY, now DDT have put it on YouTube for free so check it out if you haven't already

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSrH4TuKq1I

This was fun, thank you for reminding me to watch it for freeeeeeeeee.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Takuan posted:

HM: Effy vs Tony Deppen, GCW Run Rickey Run 2/15

2nd

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

YourHumbleMessiah posted:

MOTYC: Nick Gage vs Rickey Shane Page, GCW Run Rickey Run 2/15/20

I don't have many words

On a top to bottom great card, this was war and love and everything hosed up and great about wrestling. Nth.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

NienNunb posted:

MOTYC: Elite/Lucha Bros, Dynamite 2/19

Best AEW tv match ever

Slam that Nth button

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

sportsgenius86 posted:

MOTYC: PAC vs. Orange Cassidy, AEW Revolution, 2/29

Legit the most entertaining match I’ve seen this year. Superb.

Nth. PAC also exists.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

If you have NJPW World, it's better to watch this masterpiece and experience for yourself than hear about it second hand

https://njpwworld.com/p/s_series_00440_2_05

(if you don't a youtube link is the first result if you search on Google or they spend five minutes bullshitting around not touching each other and the crowd loves it)

God, I haven't watched this in a minute and it's still great. I can't believe it was almost three years ago!!!

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Nth for Shiozaki-Fujita, not that it needs it, but WHAT THE gently caress WAS THAT???

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Rarity posted:

Ok I'm not watching 30 mins of 2 dudes staring at each other. How the hell is that not boring?

It definitely helped going in unspoiled. Every hand twitch! No character breaking! Fujita starts to move!!!!!!!!

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

it's a good image.

HM: AEW Dynamite 4/1/20 - Trent? vs. Kenny Omega. It's really hard to give out MOTYCs to empty arena things but this sent me. I wanted to believe. The 20 minute time limit on non-title matches has been used so well in AEW!!

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
I'm sure it doesn't need it, but

MOTYC: Hiromu Takahashi vs. Tomohiro Ishii - NJPW New Japan Cup 7/2/20 (Night 7)

hootin' and hollerin' for an empty arena match

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Gaz-L posted:

I did too, but there was the gnawing sensation that they wouldn't put a junior over Okada, even if said junior would eventually lose to Naito.

I thought that's why Ishii-Hiromu was better - booking makes it a more compelling match. Okada was never losing to Hiromu, MAYBE a TLD, but not in the semis.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
MOTYC: Eddie Kingston v Cody, AEW Dynamite 7/22.

Eddie Kingston gave this match a perfect setup in the perfect four minute primo and then they have the best singles match of Cody's life.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

HulkaMatt posted:

moty mitsuru vs. yunamon 7/23 chocopro 34 bay beeeeee

Nth, what a loving banger

https://youtu.be/jaBGPOz2HeE?t=2662

Deathlove fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Jul 24, 2020

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

MassRafTer posted:

WMOTYC: Aero Boy vs Tristen Ramsey, DEATH FROM ABOVE BUNDLES OF 8 FOOT LIGHT TUBES HOLD UP MYSTERY BOXES WHEN THE TUBES ARE BROKEN THE BOTTOM OF THE BOX WILL OPEN, DROPPING ITS CONTENTS ONTO THE WRESTLER BELOW IT MATCH, IWA MS King of the Death Match, 7/31

You might be thinking how could a match with a gimmick that good be bad? Two of the boxes had salt in them, one had light bulbs and the bulbs didn't break. Weak.

Big second.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
HM: Ben Carter v Anthony Henry, Black Label Pro - Professional Wrestling, 8/22/20

loving brutal and fast, what a good time

you know what

HM: A Very Good Professional Wrestler v WARHORSE, Black Label Pro - Professional Wrestling, 8/22/20

I am very glad the ex-Dasher Hatfield is now out of CHIKARA because there's a murderer's row of matches I want to see him in on the indies, and WARHORSE was a great start to that for me.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
HM: Matthew Justice (C) v Josh Bishop, No-Rope Barbed Wire match for the AIW Absolute and Intense Championships, 10/9/2020, AIW Thunder In Indianapolis

Definitely not something you want to watch if you don't like unprotected chairshots, but the first truly "you gotta see this" match of the Collective, right down to using My Way for the hype video.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Low Desert Punk posted:

HM: Trish Adora (C) vs Suge D for the Pan-African World Diaspora Wrestling Championship - GCW For The Culture 10/10/20

usually not a fan of intergender matches but this was very very good. Adora is a great babyface and they beat the poo poo out of each other. Really smart match that told a good story

2nd, hell yeah

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

KungFu Grip posted:

HM :JTG vsTrey Miguel GCW For the Culture 10-09
HM: Culture SZN (Christian Casanova and Tasha Steelz) vs. 40 Acres (PB Smooth and Tre LaMar) vs. Top Flight (Air Wolf and Angel Dorado)

HM: Calvin Tankman vs. O’Shay Edwards
HM: AJ Gray vs. Dezmond Xavier
MOTYC: ACH vs. Lee Moriarty
HM: 2 Cold Scorpio vs.AR Fox

Nth on all this (I had previously nthed the Suge D-Trish Adora match).

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Pinwiz11 posted:

Nth. Effy/Marko was... something. I don't know if it's good but it's worth watching.

Effy had that match planned out with Priscilla Kelly and God damnit, he wasn't changing it for anyone, especially not THE ULTIMATE TWINK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

SalTheBard posted:

MOTYC - ACH vs. Lio Rush - JJSB4 - 10/10/20- Wow goddamn. These 2 looked like they had so much fun. After their 2019's they loving deserved this.

Nth. They could have just done that match in WWE! But no. No.