Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Will Ospreay (C) vs. Hiromu Takahashi for the IWGP Jr Heavyweight Championship - Wrestle Kingdom 14 Night 1

I'm gonna be honest with you folks. I wrote this based on the entrance outfits alone. That the match ended up being loving incredible was simply the icing on the cake. Also that loving in-and-out of the ring sequence was literally inhuman. :stare:

Nth. I think I need a cigarette

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Kazuchika Okada (C) vs. Kota Ibushi for the IWGP Heavyweight Championship - NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 14 Night 1

Absolutely incredible from the entrances to the outfits to the wrestling to the character work to the facial expressions to the ending. Just the absolute best possible wrestling from the best possible wrestlers in the world today.

Nth. Bloody hell

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Hiromu Takahashi (C) vs. Ryu Lee for the IWGP Jr Heavyweight Championship - The New Beginning in Osaka - 2/9

This THWAK match THWAK absolutely THWAK ruled THWAK and THWAK these THWAK two THWAK are THWAK just THWAK perfect THWAK against THWAK each THWAK other.

Nth

I didn't think anything would top Ibushi/Okada for a while. How stupid I was to think that

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
HM: Eddie Kingston Vs LA Park RevPro High Stakes 14/02

Really really fun hardcore match with just the right amount of bullshit. Played to both of their strengths and a really hot crowd

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

HM: Eddie Kingston Vs LA Park RevPro High Stakes 14/02

Really really fun hardcore match with just the right amount of bullshit. Played to both of their strengths and a really hot crowd

MOTYC: Zack Sabre Jr Vs Will Ospreay. RevPro High Stakes 14/02

Everything their recent NJPW match was and more. They teased things from the first match, they clearly love working together and the crowd was absolutely nuclear. These two are barely in their primes yet and they're making a case for them being the two best British wrestlers of all time

Ziggy Tzardust fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Feb 17, 2020

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
I initially had Oku/Phantasmo down as an MOTYC but deleted it because I figured I had boss from being there live.

I'll re-add it as an HM because on rewatch, it's still an incredible match

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

....J-J-Johnny-san.... :blush:

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Rarity posted:

MOTYC: Shingo Takagi vs. Minoru Suzuki, NJPW Summer Struggle, 29/08

:stare:

Nth. Best NJPW match since the restart. Which I've said twice about a Suzuki match now

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Kirios posted:

I'm gonna go the other way on this:

WMOTYC: Tooth and Nail Match: Dr. Britt Baker vs. Big Swole, AEW ALL OUT 2020

I found it to be a weird, awkward wrestling medical fetish match, and I'm not a fan of dentists to begin with. I can see why they wanted to get this on the preshow - the match was a turnoff to me.

2nd. All the worst parts of cinematic matches (imo) with none of the charm. Coupled with it being in the wrong slot, it just didn't land with me

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Tomohiro Ishii vs. Minoru Suzuki - NJPW G1 Climax 30 Night 9/19

This match was exactly what you think it is. Neither guy did anything different than they normally do in their matches against each other. Why should they? What they usually do is have some of the best matches in the world, after all, and that's what they did YET AGAIN in this match. Ishii could teach a masterclass in when to sell and when not to, and Minoru Suzuki is Minoru Suzuki.

Nth. These two only meet once a year or so and every time they do it delivers

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Rarity posted:

MOTYC: EVIL vs. YOSHI-HASHI, NJPW G1 Climax Night 4, 24/09

Yes barsbay

I'll go with HM but it was a great performance from tacos

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

SG Bamboo posted:

NJPW G1 Climax August 9th

Wait, what?

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Jeff Cobb vs. Tomohiro Ishii - NJPW G1 Climax 30 Night 13 - 10/10

COBB STRONK ISHII STRONK MATCH GOOD :stonk:

Nth. Can't believe what I just watched

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Rarity posted:

MOTYC: KENTA vs. YOSHI-HASHI, NJPW G1 Climax Night 16, 14/10

His last match is Yano so this is YOSHI-HASHI's last real match of the G1 and I want to praise how great he's been. It's not just been a one-time deal, he has consistently produced excellent matches that fully deserve their HM and MOTYC votes. My opinion of him has completely been TURNED ALL AROUND and I'm now a genuine fan. Nice one, barsbay.

Nth. Tacos has been superb since the NJC. Maybe wrestling without crowds for a little bit settled whatever nerves he's had. Whatever it is, he's made a fan out of me

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Wrong thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Edit: wrong thread